Anyone else get a letter from Roush?

it would be a great move - if the instead of adapting the rouschcharger to the 3.9 - they figured out how to put the 4.6 into the LS. Then all the other stuff would work without modification.

Agreed!

It would be interesting if they actually take any wrenches to the car.... big liability if they do..

I highly doubt they would without first consulting the owner of whatever LS the choose... I'm just really excited they are showing an intrest in the platform, whether whatever they are scheming comes out a year from now or 5 years from now at least we know "SOMETHING" is in the works

so wierd - the last LS made is already 4 model years old - I have a hard time believing there is a business model that warrants any investment. You would need such a large population to make it worth while - with such a low percentage of people willing to pay $ to modify their cars. Maybe since not many are on warranty now....

Fingers-crossed.

A couple of thoughts---
1. There may be another vehicle that'll be powered by the AJ engine. The LS is simply a source of street-driven cars with that powerplant.
2. The 4.6 (Actually a 5.0 variant) was successfully installed in two '02 LSs by McLaren. They had to use a unique intake manifold (cast from magnesium) to achieve a fit without cutting the hood. The work was done at the McLaren facility in Livonia. I saw the cars and a spare manifold when I was there in 2002.
KS

2. The 4.6 (Actually a 5.0 variant) was successfully installed in two '02 LSs by McLaren. They had to use a unique intake manifold (cast from magnesium) to achieve a fit without cutting the hood. The work was done at the McLaren facility in Livonia. I saw the cars and a spare manifold when I was there in 2002.
KS

do you have any idea if they were DOHC 4.6L's or SOHC 4.6L's

if they were SOHC was it the 2V or 3V engine?

just curious, because seeing the engine bay I've thought about the idea but couldn't see how the wider diameter of the already bigger displacement engine "AND" bigger DOHC heads would fit in the LS's bay... I could only grasp a SOHC ford modular motor in our bays... and even then it would require some cutting I'm sure

you guys might find this disgusting... but an LSX would fit perfect in our engine bays, the angle the heads come out makes the engine very narrow and easy to get in tight builds despite it's huge displacement (look at the mallet solstices)... connect the LSX to a 4L65E and you might have something going on... an immense amount of work I'm sure... but just saying

the OLOA LS had a fully built Roush Stage 3 in it - DOHC I believe.

Quik-e is gonna have some competition if it work :-D

I still wanna see your dyno result and track records as of to date. I am still questioning if I should do more performance on my LS or just keep it in the luxury factor...cause I could just get a 10k street bike and wipe the floors with a ferrari :p

bring it!! I would love to see more hi-pro LSes.

not likely much market for a $5k - $7k Roush kit - turbos can't sell (below $1800), the SC kit at $3.8K is still waiting for more.

Pete - I posted dyno results - 352+rwph with the daily driver pulley, 1/4 12.831. The special pully - little more ;)

the OLOA LS had a fully built Roush Stage 3 in it - DOHC I believe.

nah, roush and saleen have always used the SOHC modular engines, even on the 90K saleen extreme... although I never understood why

do you have a turbo kit ready to go and is it a "reliable" power increase?

by reliable I mean is my transmission gonna fall apart after 500 miles?

because if you have a reliable turbo kit ready to go I would have drove out to see you already... I've just been too busy with my GTO as of late and havn't been looking into the LS lately, with just a CAI+tune I made 346WHP and ran a 12.7 @ 106MPH with DR's through the 4L65E, I thought that was pretty neat

I did look into KBX performance for info on the STS kit but the site was down so I never got too far with that

do you have a turbo kit ready to go for $1,800 and is it a "reliable" power increase?

by reliable I mean is my transmission gonna fall apart after 500 miles?

You have been MIA for a while - three members ran turbos... two are for sale. I have had an SC for a couple of years now - no bits falling off... yet.

bring it!! I would love to see more hi-pro LSes.

not likely much market for a $5k - $7k Roush kit - turbos can't sell (below $1800), the SC kit at $3.8K is still waiting for more.

Pete - I posted dyno results - 352+rwph with the daily driver pulley, 1/4 12.831. The special pully - little more ;)

well I hope to one day be in the brachet with ya Quik. 352 ain't bad either!

and tha'ts without juicin right?

do you have any idea if they were DOHC 4.6L's or SOHC 4.6L's

if they were SOHC was it the 2V or 3V engine?

just curious, because seeing the engine bay I've thought about the idea but couldn't see how the wider diameter of the already bigger displacement engine "AND" bigger DOHC heads would fit in the LS's bay... I could only grasp a SOHC ford modular motor in our bays... and even then it would require some cutting I'm sure

you guys might find this disgusting... but an LSX would fit perfect in our engine bays, the angle the heads come out makes the engine very narrow and easy to get in tight builds despite it's huge displacement (look at the mallet solstices)... connect the LSX to a 4L65E and you might have something going on... an immense amount of work I'm sure... but just saying

The LSX is one engine I wouldn't mind having in my LS, even if it's not a Ford.

I haven't heard back either. Its getting close to being perfect timing too since once the salt comes I put the LS in the garage.

Members online

No members online now.
Back