Lincoln LS Detail

Im checking all NAPA an Car Quests in my area now. Jeeeeez! I would do like KD said, take a good pic, and use it as a avatar on DB.

Hey Kyle, quick question for you.

You've use PFW on the makita, right? When I try it with IP, it flashes over almost instantly. Is there a certain prep for a new PFW pad that I'm not doing or something?

Also, I can't get an orange pad to not hop around on me. Have you experienced these issues as well?

Hey Kyle, quick question for you.

You've use PFW on the makita, right? When I try it with IP, it flashes over almost instantly. Is there a certain prep for a new PFW pad that I'm not doing or something?

Also, I can't get an orange pad to not hop around on me. Have you experienced these issues as well?

Try working the polish at a lower speed than 3 and work up to 3. I just mist the pad with either QD or pad conditioner. As for hopping, I get the same problem with wool as well. I try not to add too much pressure (like you alternatively would on a PC) and it helps. Clean pads help too.

I haven't even brought it all the way up to 3 yet. I'm only at about 1100 RPM max. Just a couple little clicks past 2. I thought maybe I needed to prime the pad, so I put a line of polish about halfway around the pad. Think maybe that was too much for the wool pad?

My next order from Phil is coming tomorrow. :D

I haven't even brought it all the way up to 3 yet. I'm only at about 1100 RPM max. Just a couple little clicks past 2. I thought maybe I needed to prime the pad, so I put a line of polish about halfway around the pad. Think maybe that was too much for the wool pad?

My next order from Phil is coming tomorrow. :D

What'd you pick up this time? Do you have the UK backing plate?

I wish. I'll be getting one from Carlos soon hopefully.

If you saw on DD that Phil changed to Uber pads, he also mentioned in a thread on DB that he would send a bunch of his old pads to me if I placed another order. How could I pass that up?

From what I remember, I'm getting a gallon of Micro Restore, a gallon of ONR, a couple glass mf's, some red ccs euro applicators, and a swissvax wheel brush. I think that's it, but I cant' really remember. I'll find out tomorrow when fedex shows up!

Did you get a Swissvax Detail Brush? I'm thinking about picking one up for trim and all that, or I'll just use my Meg's slidelock brush. I've had it for like 3-4 years, found out yesterday that it slides:rolleyes:

I have a brand new meg's slidelock that I plan on dedicating a single use for. I found smaller brushes similar to the SW detail brush for half the price at a craft/fabric store. The SV brush I have now is dedicated to wheels. I bought another one (same size) to dedicate to something else. The slide lock will probably be for trim/emblems/etc.

I have a brand new meg's slidelock that I plan on dedicating a single use for. I found smaller brushes similar to the SW detail brush for half the price at a craft/fabric store. The SV brush I have now is dedicated to wheels. I bought another one (same size) to dedicate to something else. The slide lock will probably be for trim/emblems/etc.

How many other brushes would you need? I feel like besides a trim/emblem/crack brush and a wheel brush what else would you be looking for?

Engine bay. I'm not using a brush that got used for degreasing an engine, on wheels. That brush would also be usedto clean out the drain area around the trunk lid.

Engine bay. I'm not using a brush that got used for degreasing an engine, on wheels. That brush would also be usedto clean out the drain area around the trunk lid.

Good call, I completely forgot about that. A brush with really long bristles would be your best bet I'm assuming.

How many other brushes would you need? I feel like besides a trim/emblem/crack brush and a wheel brush what else would you be looking for?

for pete i would say also a hair brush but word on the street is he's losing it lol:)

Hell, it aint no secret. Damn straight I'm losin my hair. Kinda sucks, but the girls still look, so it must not be too bad yet :cool:

Once it gets real noticeable, I'm taking it all right down to the skin.

Hell, it aint no secret. Damn straight I'm losin my hair. Kinda sucks, but the girls still look, so it must not be too bad yet :cool:

Once it gets real noticeable, I'm taking it all right down to the skin.

its the LS thats getting the looks, you just happen to be in the car:D

Good call, I completely forgot about that. A brush with really long bristles would be your best bet I'm assuming.

I've tried long bristled brushes, but it seems like I can't apply enough pressure then. The SV wheel brush should also be able to sweep out those drainage areas along the engine compartment and trunk. Plus, you can apply as much pressure as you need to without the bristles really buckling too bad.

Maybe the brush isn't the problem, though. I'm using meg's super degreaser at about 4:1 on engine bays. Maybe not cut it so much would break up the grime faster so I wouldn't need to scrub so much.

So, my order just arrived from Phil. The CCS euro applicator pads were backordered, and I was missing the gallon of Micro Restore. I was happy to see the pads he sent me, though. Especially the 2 3M Ultrafina blue pads. I have no idea what the really thick ones are. The second stack from the left all have white velcro instead of the standard LC black. maybe sonus or something? Anyways, here's a pic of what I've received so far. The SV mixing bottles are for smaller bottles of product to keep in the car at all times. The also have a handy dilution guide on the side. :D

IMG_3614.jpg

Did he send you used pads or something for compensation in the mean time, or are your old pads incorporated in there as well? You'll like the Wheel Brush. Takes a little more time but its handy around the edges and in lug nut holes etc. I had a dream that I found a giant tube of P21S Finish Restorer because I added a blemish to a wheel the other day. Professional help...near future.

:lol:

I already have 1 SV wheel brush. This was an extra that doesn't have a decided use yet.

All those pads are used ones Phil sent me, because he's switching to all Uber pads. There was joking about other members taking the old pads off his hands for him, and he said he would. I pm'ed him, and asked if he was serious about it. He told me to place an order :D

Along with my order came these 24 pads. At about 10 bucks each (minimum), that is 240 dollars worth of pads for free.

:lol:

I already have 1 SV wheel brush. This was an extra that doesn't have a decided use yet.

All those pads are used ones Phil sent me, because he's switching to all Uber pads. There was joking about other members taking the old pads off his hands for him, and he said he would. I pm'ed him, and asked if he was serious about it. He told me to place an order :D

Along with my order came these 24 pads. At about 10 bucks each (minimum), that is 240 dollars worth of pads for free.

Oh great, another thing we fall ass backwards into. Were you Mother Theresa in your past life or something?

hahahahahahha. i thought you missed it..... im so bored, been in the doghouse for 4 days, my woman hates me and its too cold to play with the car, so i have just been talking crap to evryone on here.....bla

4 days? I've never been in the doghouse for 4 days. Well, with the last girl we'd break up for a few days, mostly because I'd get drunk and be an ass. Now that I don't drink anymore, no more problems!

Oh great, another thing we fall ass backwards into. Were you Mother Theresa in your past life or something?

I guess I have REALLY good timing lately. Can't think of any other reason. Oh, my damn credit card is at like 80% of it's limit now though.

4 days? I've never been in the doghouse for 4 days. Well, with the last girl we'd break up for a few days, mostly because I'd get drunk and be an ass. Now that I don't drink anymore, no more problems!

wow that sounds like me, i told her i was going out of town, which i was but i never made it cuz i got tanked with some old friends from school. instead of just going home and taking the heat i pretended i left town and stayed at my buddies house cuz i was too drunk to drive, some of my gfs friends said they saw me out and she now assumes i screwed around on her.....GAY. that decision turned out to be not so good......but hey at least i have time for xbox live now:(

Members online

Back