Continental is faster than an LS

Knowing how some of you LS guys drive, I think I'll take the Continental with a computer flash tune.:D

They run about 15.5 stock. Run out of wind at the top but are not all that bad out of the chute. You need the tune though. 14.9 - 15.1 without the granny shifts and timing pulled.

Detuned to 260hp from the factory. Same 4.6 DOHC as the Mark.

I'd take on a stock LS from 25 to 70 with a tune. Especially a 1st gen one.:shifty:

No hate'n now, ya hear.:D

Ill chime in here, about 3 years ago when I still owned my 02 V8, I ran a Conti off of the line and the LS and Conti were dead even off the line but once I hit second gear the Conti could not keep up.

The owner pulled up at the next light and asked me what I had done to my car.... I told him it was stock. I even had misfiring COP's at the time and still won with my GEN1.

Ill chime in here, about 3 years ago when I still owned my 02 V8, I ran a Conti off of the line and the LS and Conti were dead even off the line but once I hit second gear the Conti could not keep up.
Believeable for sure. Just saying a Conti with a chip vs a stock LS will be very close. Not a walk in the park by any means.

Believeable for sure. Just saying a Conti with a chip vs a stock LS will be very close. Not a walk in the park by any means.

my best bone stock run to date is a 14.5 @ 98MPH with a 9.4 @ 95MPH... you are saying a continental can do this with a tune? :rolleyes:

my best bone stock run to date is a 14.5 @ 98MPH with a 9.4 @ 95MPH... you are saying a continental can do this with a tune? :rolleyes:
It doesn't appear you are driving a Gen 1 are you?

A Conti with a tune will run with a Gen 1 LS. That is what I am saying.:)

I'm also saying if you go from a roll at 25 in your Gen1, don't expect to be seeing his headlights. Side mirror is more like it.;)

It doesn't appear you are driving a Gen 1 are you?

A Conti with a tune will run with a Gen 1 LS. That is what I am saying.:)

I'm also saying if you go from a roll at 25 in your Gen1, don't expect to be seeing his headlights. Side mirror is more like it.;)

well this thread was about a gen 2 and you never specifically mentioned a gen1 in your original post so maybe that's where I got confused ;)

well this thread was about a gen 2 and you never specifically mentioned a gen1 in your original post so maybe that's where I got confused ;)
And I didn't pay attention if you were a Gen 1 or Gen 2 guy until I looked at your profile. My bad.

Just like with the Mark VIII's, Gen 2's rule, Gen 1's drool.:p

I'm officially calling this thread 'open season'. Have at it guys.:D

I think it even deserves 'sticky' status for a while.:D

Nothing personal, just nice deep wounds are in order.:shifty:

Last edited:
thank you kindly monster mark.... I may be a noob to the forums but I think I could offer a few knowlegable things here and there ;)

I just don't understand where this kid gets off comparing a FWD full sized luxury sedan that has been PROVEN to be a mid-high 15 second car, and saying it's faster than a PROVEN mid-high 14 second car

lighter, more BHP, more torque, better final drive, RWD

it's just funny...

and also, for those of you that have owned a continental like myself... did any of you notice the lack of wheelhop or chirp on the continental vid? I'm fairly certain he did the 2-3MPH rolling start trick, because flooring it off the line with T/C off almost always makes those front wheels bounce like a fat chick on a trampoline

Yes, I am serious. Its like dropping names here and there. The IQ level on this board is getting rather low.

Look no further than yourself...

As said before, black LS's with blacked out windows are rather common; when I drive to Detroit I see ATLEAST 2, usually more in the ball park of 5 either on the way or in the Detroit vicinity.

I don't know what you do for a living... perhaps it's something where when you need to describe an object to someone so they can identify it... all you need to say is "Shiny black square" and all of the world's problems are solve. But here in the real world, being vague usually doesn't get you very far. (and in my world it might get you dead)

I'm not sure what exactly you found so offensive about my description of my LS... but, there was plenty of room left for added details. Something like this:

2003 Lincoln LS Premium Sport, V8, Black, Factory gray aluminum 17" dual spoke wheels in the winter wrapped in Blizzak LM-22's (235/50R17), and in the summer, Chrome Zyoxx ZX8... No filler panels installed, sitting on Yokohama AVS100's (245/40R18). McLaren grill, painted black with no emblem installed. Missing rear emblem, some adhesive remains in its place. Rear License plate surround painted black. 15% tint on all windows except front, small (approx 1/3") scratch near front left door handle, closer to outside edge of the door. Chromium bulbs installed in all four corners... Running slotted rotors on all four corners, left headlight has a little bit of rubber trim gasket between headlight and fender sticking out. Right fog light is new and I'm running silverstar ultra's on the fog lights and high beams. Car is also lowered. DOD sticker on lower left windshield... Vet plate number is: RIIIIIIGHT....

THAT is excessive; two lines with noticeable elements of the vehicle are not.

In other news, I keep seeing a black... blacked out Gen II LS w/chrome grill on 96 between Lansing and Detroit; looks lowered, I've got to believe the guy is on a forum...

How come this guy only posts videos of speedometers? Maybe that's why he thinks he can beat other cars, he can't see their tail lights because he is busy staring at his speedometer.

Yeah, I know about cars. I got a continental and I regularly kickdown on the highway *flips hair*

what the hell is a kickdown.

now the kid in the continental is claiming he diddn't have it floored... oh man I guess if that was half throttle he must be killing C6 Z06's at WOT let me tell you

:lol:

if you pushed both off a boat deck - I do believe the Continental would beat the LS to the bottom.

oh geez... I think this takes the cake, this is the last comment he posted

i raced a 05 mustang GT from aproxx 59-89 and we were almost even. speaking of knowing stuff here's a question for ya, whats the average diameter of an exhaust valve on a 6cyl vehicle? go ahead look it up, i'll be back later.

I about fell out of my chair

dont play completely count out 1st gens. driven right with basic bolt ons i know one member who has hit 14.4, and i myself have hit 14.5.

"59-89"

Wow :lol:

that and the fact there is no "average" exhaust valve size... they all pretty much vary on the manufacturer and the type of car it's on

this kid thinks the bavarians will put the same exact exhaust valve in a BMW 335i that a mercury sable gets I guess

lol

Don't sweat the kid too much...

If he keeps making full speed runs in a conti, the transmission gonna start leakin real quick! I doubt he can afford the repair. BUt at least he'll have the "video memories"!:D :p :D :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back