what is the runing temp of a 06 lincoln ls 3.9l

Update:

Finally got to the thermostat... so the LS is back on the road after sitting for a couple months. If anyone remembers... mine was sticking on the way open... causing a rise-drop-rise situation on the way to full operating temps.

I took a couple pics. One of the old and new thermostat. At ambient temp it's easy to see why the old thermostat, (left), wasn't functioning properly. It was weak... after 81k miles.
IMG_20190527_132301833.jpg

and... for those who think re-using the o-rings is acceptable... think again.

IMG_20190527_133845826_HDR.jpg

Used o-ring on left... new o-ring on right. There is actually 1/8" difference in height between them. Sure... the old one will still seal. :rolleyes:

Update:

Finally got to the thermostat... so the LS is back on the road after sitting for a couple months. If anyone remembers... mine was sticking on the way open... causing a rise-drop-rise situation on the way to full operating temps.

I took a couple pics. One of the old and new thermostat. At ambient temp it's easy to see why the old thermostat, (left), wasn't functioning properly. It was weak... after 81k miles.View attachment 828571971
and... for those who think re-using the o-rings is acceptable... think again.

View attachment 828571972

Used o-ring on left... new o-ring on right. There is actually 1/8" difference in height between them. Sure... the old one will still seal. :rolleyes:

I have a similar situation where the temp will sometimes rise then drop and mostly sit around 207-210. I had a recent situation where driving in traffic it went up to 220, then dropped down when going again. Later on the way home, in traffic again it didn't rise even when I stopped and just idled for several mins. Yes, all parts have been changed in the last several years. My parents (who owned the car since mile 89) just replaced what was broken. I replaced everything else last summer. The T-stat was one of the things they replace 5 years ago. I have a replacement that I will put in once most pressing things are done...like broken rear sway link.

Members online

No members online now.
Back