LS is TOTALED!!!!

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
LS is TOTALED!!! Driverside rear blew out on the interstate.

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2605.jpg

IMG_2604.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

If everyone walked away from that wreck, all are lucky. Hope you're doing OK

Wow, so sad. One of the best Gen 1's out there and a true giant in the LS world. I guess you ended up spinning out after the blowout? Glad you are OK.

Damn John, was that really necessary? Sad indeed. Dibs on the LVC sticker.

Wow - sorry for that mishap and loss of a great car! What a dangerous barrier setup that cable system appears to be...whatever happened to good old guard rails? Glad all are safe.

Glad you're okay man. Sucks about the car but you can always get another.
Dave

Damn dude, glad you were able to get out of that situation without injuries. Very sorry to see the car end up like that but glad it wasn't worse for you.

Wow - sorry for that mishap and loss of a great car! What a dangerous barrier setup that cable system appears to be...whatever happened to good old guard rails? Glad all are safe.

I think they're tested to be safer. Because without it, the chance of crossing over into oncoming increases significantly. Especially on a road like that, that median is tiny.

I think they're tested to be safer. Because without it, the chance of crossing over into oncoming increases significantly. Especially on a road like that, that median is tiny.

To your point:

http://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/roadway_dept/policy_guide/road_hardware/ctrmeasures/cable_barriers/

That said the "examples" look a whole lot better than that mess - looks to me from a simple engineering standpoint to be too tall w/ cables too wide-spaced including in the pre-impact zone...It is interesting to read their suggestions for ideal installation.

damn brother, that is terrible. sh!tty way to lose something you've put so much time into.

Glad to hear you, (and any potential passengers),2 came out of it intact. Shame about the car. That means one less of 250,000 on the road. The LS is slowly becoming obsolete. Sorry you became one of the ones to be a parts donor. Another lesson... that **** they put on the side of the road,,, is a lot tougher than you think it is. Learned that years ago the hard way

Glad your ok bro. Hope to see you in another one when your ready. LS game definitely needs you.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Hate to see these pics! Saw them on the FB page as well. Sorry man!

Any rough idea of what you may do next??

Damn.

Those cables are designed to catch the car, and not let it travel back into the lane it came from, which from the looks of these photos, is exactly what happened. They also give a certain amount on impact slowing the car vs the sudden smash of a guardrail.

Glad you are okay.

Sorry to hear about your LS, what an unfortunate way to lose a vehicle. But hey you're in luck! I'm selling mine :)

sorry brother... Text me if you need anything, or wanna talk...

Those barriers are amazing... (wish my mom had hit one).

Best of luck borhter

Members online

Back