Harsh reverse engagements

Just remember, any transmission shop or even the dealer will always diagnose any issues seeming like the transmission to the transmission. Big, I highly suggest you send your PCM to SIA. Especially now that you have two LS's, you can afford the luxury of having one sit. The costs are so low. The diagnosis fee is $89. So if the PCM has no issues they only charge you 89 and ship it back to you for free. If they have to fix anything inside the PCM the price jumps to a meager $161. I'm sure if you mentioned it - that they would provide some sort of discount if you tried since 3-4 of us have sent our PCMs to them. I only drive my car MAYBE once a week and it's still smooth. I have some other dumb issues but nothing relating to the PCM or trans any longer. I wish I knew about this earlier. It took me a used trans and a rebuilt trans before I realized it was the PCM because I didn't even consider it an option.

You do know that computer's not going to get any better and the longer you run it like that the more likely it is that the commanded max pressure shifts are going to do permanent mechanical damage to the trans, right?

I'm tired of crawling underneath the cars I work on(mine and everyone else's)and not feeling real safe about it.I'm gonna get a 2-post lift pretty soon,I think. don-ohio :)^)

You do know that computer's not going to get any better and the longer you run it like that the more likely it is that the commanded max pressure shifts are going to do permanent mechanical damage to the trans, right?

So you and a couple others are saying.

I'm not saying I might not do the sending out of the PCM for inspection/repairs BUT I'm also not ruling out the fact that I'd like a Transgo shift kit in it eventually, also it's more then likely on original filter and fluid. Plenty of posts on LVC of members having luck with filter/fluid/solenoid changes.

I'm on the fence, it's also mostly in the garage, doesn't come out for much of a run unless it's Weekends or Mondays (work and all you know)

Also it's not all that bad, I just picked up on it, the fact that it's doing something new compared to last year, an ever so slight rub/tug/light-bang into OD, shift fine other then that. The laziness of slipping in and out of 4-OD, OD-4 was rectified by resetting the shift parameters, which I agree will eventually find themselves back to where they were depending on driving style.

I'll ride it out for a bit and see. I do heed your warning though and I thank you for that. Allow me some time to figure it out, also would like to see more success story's on the matter of sending PCM for repair. Still would like fresh trans fluid and filter though!

I also do not concern myself about forking over cash for remans, it is what it is ... <shrugs>

No worries. Perhaps you might try a few drive cycle resets, I hear they fix all transmission failures. :shifty::):D

I thought it was like beetlejuice, where you had to say his name three times before he would show up and refuse to leave...

im laughing at all of you with this thread. looks like you all have finally come out of denial and admitted that you were tossing solenoid assemblies at ls trannys... congratulations. now youre throwing cash at PCMs.. at least you got the right part this time tho. ask yourself: what exactly is this company doing to your magic PCM? been a while since i have looked it up <and i would never have looked at it from this angle due to the amt of work involved> but im halfway convinced that by unhooking your PCM from the vehicle you are taking some scenic <and expensive> route to simply clearing the kam and shift strategies anyways. once the pcm loses power <via manual and direct disconnect in your case> it loses the kam and shift strategies. congratulations, you could have done that by disconnecting the battery <for free>.

for those that dont know, you can oftentimes fix your magic PCM yourself via a battery disconnect and following the procedures to clear and reset the PCM's 'keep alive memory' aka 'kam'. in my experience, my ls's kam <and shift strategies> get fcked up by any changes in fuel. switching octanes, summer blend vs winter blend, running it with the fuel light on, not running a bottle of injector cleaner every couple thousand miles. the longer it goes with screwed up kam the quicker the wacky tranny symptoms show up and the harder they are to get rid of.

im laughing at all of you with this thread. looks like you all have finally come out of denial and admitted that you were tossing solenoid assemblies at ls trannys... congratulations. now youre throwing cash at PCMs.. at least you got the right part this time tho. ask yourself: what exactly is this company doing to your magic PCM? been a while since i have looked it up <and i would never have looked at it from this angle due to the amt of work involved> but im halfway convinced that by unhooking your PCM from the vehicle you are taking some scenic <and expensive> route to simply clearing the kam and shift strategies anyways. once the pcm loses power <via manual and direct disconnect in your case> it loses the kam and shift strategies. congratulations, you could have done that by disconnecting the battery <for free>.

for those that dont know, you can oftentimes fix your magic PCM yourself via a battery disconnect and following the procedures to clear and reset the PCM's 'keep alive memory' aka 'kam'. in my experience, my ls's kam <and shift strategies> get fcked up by any changes in fuel. switching octanes, summer blend vs winter blend, running it with the fuel light on, not running a bottle of injector cleaner every couple thousand miles. the longer it goes with screwed up kam the quicker the wacky tranny symptoms show up and the harder they are to get rid of.

Just stop man... seriously? I can tell you for sure this method doesn't work. My car (thought I had trans issues) sat without the PCM in it for months. I even went to a junk yard and bought a used PCM. Guess what? Both were bad. also the battery died not being started in 6 months. Jumped it, put the old PCM back in to drive to the dealer - still shifted like crap. It was only until SIA replaced the transmission circuits within the actual PCM that it was fixed. Here's how it goes: Marginal coils create interference that affects the PCM. This causes some of the circuits to go bad, in several cases the trans ones. You're not going to fix faulty circuitry with a battery reset.

dont cry jjuncool...
i do think your 'method' 'works'... i mean your car is functioning in a way you deem appropriate, correct? clearly it 'worked'.

im just saying you have no clue what this company SIA, or whatever, is doing. 'bad circuit caused by bad coil' haha yep thats verifiable... SMH... you sure it didnt get friend when you were crying over it :p tears aint good for them 'cicuits' either, ya know?

once you drop the pcm you clear kam and shift strategies. someone with these tranny symptoms can TRY clearing their kam and shift strategies for FREE and significantly less work via battery disconnect procedure and drive cycle procedures. very detailed and semi difficult procedures to complete <fully> in some urban areas and colder climates, but it is FREE <spare the $10 in gas that will be burned>

dont cry jjuncool...
i do think your 'method' 'works'... i mean your car is functioning in a way you deem appropriate, correct? clearly it 'worked'.

im just saying you have no clue what this company SIA, or whatever, is doing. 'bad circuit caused by bad coil' haha yep thats verifiable... SMH... you sure it didnt get friend when you were crying over it :p tears aint good for them 'cicuits' either, ya know?

once you drop the pcm you clear kam and shift strategies. someone with these tranny symptoms can TRY clearing their kam and shift strategies for FREE and significantly less work via battery disconnect procedure and drive cycle procedures. very detailed and semi difficult procedures to complete <fully> in some urban areas and colder climates, but it is FREE <spare the $10 in gas that will be burned>

Not sure where the crying stuff is coming from? Assume you're just sandy that I shot your theory down... but whatever. SIA is an electronic rebuilder that has been specifically rebuilding PCMs, ECMs, etc. for years. Quick Google search will do you some justice. Funny I took you off ignore because at some point you were providing semi-logical responses in threads.. but I see your immaturity has once again surface so there goes that.

i dunno where your tears are comin from either... "Just stop man... seriously?" i read your write up abt your car.. i remember reading 'this PCM shifts hard into 3 only whereas the other PCM shifts hard into and out of multiple gears' and i laughed pretty hard when i read that bc you cleared the kam and shift strategies when you swapped the PCMs... so i hate to break it to ya, but you 'shot a blank' there 'mr theory shooter downer guy'...

i aint even gonna shred you for sending them a junkyard PCM instead of your own. i dont want to spoil the honeymoon with your newly married PCM...

oh yeah, here we go again with that old god damn drive cycles myth...

don't even have to remove this ass hat from the ignore list to know that's where this is going.

oh yeah, here we go again with that old god damn drive cycles myth...

don't even have to remove this ass hat from the ignore list to know that's where this is going.

myth ha right.. he cleared the kam and shift strategies when he ripped the pcm out bubbie.
i bet he <jjuncool> only drove the car when it was under 40F degrees .. until he got the 'new majic pcm'.. then it was actually warm enough for the pcm to actually run its 'complete' learn cycle.. <its probably still not complete just better/more tolerable than it was before>

congratulations ass hat, some how you have the only LS that gets fukced up shift strategies all the time...

I have never had to pull the battery to reset the PCM to fix any trans problems in any of the cars I have ever owned, but some how you have to reset your car all the damn time... maybe if you got your head out of whoever's ass its buried in, then you may realize that you have a problem and your just too stupid to figure out how to actually fix it...

in my experience, my ls's kam <and shift strategies> get fcked up by any changes in fuel. switching octanes

heres a crazy idea, stop being a poor ass and try putting the correct fuel in the car...

running it with the fuel light on

yeah, because it totally makes sense that you car would totally start shifting funny when a light come on telling you that you only have 50 miles to empty. interesting that I've never had that problem before with either of my LSs...

not running a bottle of injector cleaner every couple thousand miles. the longer it goes with screwed up kam the quicker the wacky tranny symptoms show up and the harder they are to get rid of.

well which is it? it get harder to fix or it easy to fix because all you have to do is reset KAM? I'guess that is just another thing you're so damn confused about...

Oh sh*t, I summoned the demon! Begone jrand, begone! You are not wanted here! You are even less popular here than I am, and I flat out say the LS is a POS! Begone, foul defecation of Lucifer! Begone!

maxresdefault.jpg

quietls you still cant fckin read... i have never ever said i disconnect the battery on my car constantly. go back and read bubbie.
im a 'poor ass' for switching between 93 and 92? funny.. thats an octane switch, no? and occasionally experimenting with octane boosters? ill be dammed, those cost extra.. what makes someone experimenting with those a 'poor ass'?? you stupid fck. im convinced that you have a serious problem where you cant read and think simultaneously.

i do occasionally put a shot of 87 in it... and yeah the car starts to shift like crap. try it out for yourself. pcm tries to 'adapt to it' and usually begins fcking up shifts, if not 'missing' as well. it does the same thing when it get to the end of the tank where theres probably sht in the bottom of the tank. same deal with an old fuel filter changing the pressure slightly

half the probs in these touchy basketcase cars can be tied directly to the primitive computer and corn-gas.

'but jrand is an 'asshats' for not replacing expensive parts that aints even broken.. he is the devils and im gonna make a picture about it because joedrt might thinks its funny and give me thumbs upp.. then i will feel special. because it was from joedrt. i love joedrt. he gives me good advice abt how to waste money on tranny solenoids and how to waste time on a bunch of wrench turning that aint even necessary'

This is now my most favorite thread!

SIA must be in some conspiracy ring with other electronics repair shops because I had the main computer on my Volvo S60R repaired by XeMODex in January and guess what, it fixed the issues with the car. And then SIA did the same for the LS. Maybe it's the same guy running these two companies and all I had to do was do drive cycle resets on both????

....I believe these resets were done in both cars before getting to the PCM/ECM replacement/repair decision.

quietls you still cant fckin read... i have never ever said i disconnect the battery on my car constantly. go back and read bubbie.

you're the fukc stick that said

my ls's kam <and shift strategies> get fcked up by any changes in fuel. switching octanes, summer blend vs winter blend, running it with the fuel light on, not running a bottle of injector cleaner every couple thousand miles.

so I don't know what sh!tty school you came from, but it doesn't take much reading comprehension to see that you have a lot of reasons listed that you KAM is getting "fcked up"... and the only way to fix it (according to your dumb ass) is to reset the PCM... also doesn't take a lot of reading comprehension to understand that switches from summer gas to winter gas happens at least twice a year... so then by your own words and advise, you are at least reseting your car every 6mo at the minimum, and since time doesn't stop, you are continuing to do something that is not needed on a regular basis

im a 'poor ass' for switching between 93 and 92? funny..

i do occasionally put a shot of 87 in it...

pretty much sums that up... that makes so much more sense, you can afford the good gas, but you CHOOSE to put in substandard fuel... now I know why that sticker under the gas door is more of a picture instead of just all words... some engineer at ford knew that one day you would own one of these cars, and they wanted to give you a fighting chance at not making a mistake at the pump... but as history as shown, if you try to make something idiot proof, Jrands mother will just make a bigger idiot.

and yeah the car starts to shift like crap. try it out for yourself. pcm tries to 'adapt to it' and usually begins fcking up shifts, if not 'missing' as well.

why would I want to try running sub standard fuel in my engine? do I want a fuel mix that is easier to pre-ignite? no, do I want the PCM pulling gout timing to keep from blowing the motor and reducing power? no

as far as trying different premium grades, do it all the fukcing time, with no problems at all, car never hesitates, car never misses... also dont have to keep running fuel system cleaner through my car every couple of thousand miles just top keep it running right...

maybe its because you're such an ass hat in your day to day life as well that your neighbors just cant take it any more and is poring sugar or pissing in your gas tank?

it does the same thing when it get to the end of the tank where theres probably sht in the bottom of the tank. same deal with an old fuel filter changing the pressure slightly

stop being an ass hat and maybe your neighbors would stop putting that sh!t in there...

'but jrand is an 'asshats' for not replacing expensive parts that aints even broken..

no, you're an ass hat because you're an ass hat low birth weight piece of sh!t that seems to think every problem is caused by needing to reset the PCM all the time. you're an ass hat because you have your head up your own ass all the time, I'm guessing its either because you like the taste of butthole in and around you mouth area, or maybe its just because you think asses make great hats... regardless, I could not care less why you are so useless

BTW, you really got me good with that QuietLS bit lol, congrats! I bet you're still giggling like a little girl about it!

Members online

No members online now.
Back