Official LS Picture Thread

10469155_10102386372013322_4274683966450612287_o.jpg

In case your on the FB group.

This is my first attempt at posting pics here, hope it works.
'01 LS V8 Sport, chrome blacked out with plasti dip, stock 17" wheels powder coated. It needs a good bathin' and buffin', but I'm gonna wait 'til it warms up some.car drivers side.jpgCar  passenger side.jpgcar front.jpgCar rear.jpg
Woohoo!! It worked. Thanks Big Rig for the assist.

Car  passenger side.jpg

car drivers side.jpg

car front.jpg

Car rear.jpg

You missed the Lincoln emblem chrome on tail light. ;) Diggin' the subtle KCCO in the final pic.

G, I'm gonna need some pics of that 2nd GEN top mount brake lamp in that 1st GEN of yours.
I finally got my hands on one, (might be thinking of cutting the PCB to reduce the width of entire light)

link ?

check my thread... our roof has the factory mounts (for some reason)... you'll need to trim the roof liner for best fit (if you want). resistors are already built in so just use the original harness brake light 12v and ground. post any other questions in my thread!

GL

+1 on the load resistors already in, good for the 1ST GEN, -1 on cutting into the roof liner.
Searching for your thread, like I said, I'm thinking of reducing the width of that entire PCB and placing it where the original 1st GEN third brake light sits, would contour and mold around it and redo the upholstery. Ideas, ideas, ideas.

If you found a 2nd gen deck liner (i need one too)... you could use that carpet to "mold" around putting it where the original 3rd light spot???

+1 on the load resistors already in, good for the 1ST GEN, -1 on cutting into the roof liner.
Searching for your thread, like I said, I'm thinking of reducing the width of that entire PCB and placing it where the original 1st GEN third brake light sits, would contour, mold around it and redo the upholstery. Ideas, ideas, ideas.

Not load resistors, current limit resistors (so the LEDs work with 12 volts). I don't think that the 3rd brake light has load sensing.

If you found a 2nd gen deck liner (i need one too)... you could use that carpet to "mold" around putting it where the original 3rd light spot???

Yeah, good idea, although I thought about just getting it out and working something in from another car, I've seen some newer VW's with some desired third brake lights, would attempt to fiber glass from the bottom and as mentioned redo the upholstery. Trouble is the vents from trunk to rear glass, it's 7" between the two and I really want a shallow, smaller LED brake lamp sitting there, it's either that or I go top mount like you did. Wonder what would happen to the rear glass if the curculation vents from trunk were nixed, most likely quicker condensation on rear glass, I'm thinking. +1 Winter project.

Not load resistors, current limit resistors (so the LEDs work with 12 volts). I don't think that the 3rd brake light has load sensing.

10-4 joe, I appreciate you always correcting me, you knew what I meant. We've tried before putting LED in the 1st GEN's, the 2nd GEN top mount third brake light actually has resistance build into it, at least from what I can tell (may be wrong) but as G stated above, direct hook up and it works to the point where it doesn't leave lightly dim LED's ... you know what I mean! thanks for sure!

I tried a LED bulb in the original 1st GEN brake lamp, it leaves LED lightly dimmed when done pressing the brakes.

... Wonder what would happen to the rear glass if the curculation vents from trunk were nixed, most likely quicker condensation on rear glass, I'm thinking. ....

Those vents don't have much, if anything to do with the rear glass.
I can't find the right diagram right now, but basically, air flows in from the climate control, through the cabin, through the vents in the package tray into the trunk, and then out of the car through vents at the back of the trunk. Probably the most immediate thing you would notice is that the last open door would get harder to close. You'd also get less air from the climate control in fresh air mode.

I don't know why he left that chrome. He also put the Chive On stickers on. I'd honestly never heard of it. Don't know if it's my advanced age, or where I live. I did check it out, seems pretty cool, just not my cup of tea. Maybe 20-30 years ago.

Those vents don't have much, if anything to do with the rear glass.
I can't find the right diagram right now, but basically, air flows in from the climate control, through the cabin, through the vents in the package tray into the trunk, and then out of the car through vents at the back of the trunk. Probably the most immediate thing you would notice is that the last open door would get harder to close. You'd also get less air from the climate control in fresh air mode.

K, makes sense now you explained, I didn't figure it would be worth it to remove those just to get a large area for a much wider 3rd brake light. Finding something within 7" to replace the original single bulb brake light shouldn't be that hard, like I said, I've taken notice of some decent ones in other cars. Also still toying with the idea of shortening the PCB of the 2nd GEN brake light and molding it in to the rear deck. Whatever the outcome, has to be something shallow and narrow. I find the 1st GEN brake lamp such a huge eyesore. Not to mention that including mine, all LS'es I've looked at have deformation from the heat of the bulb on both the cover and the red lens.

I love this thread! Love looking at all the glossy Lincolns, getting a better idea of what would look good on mine (as I have little imagination and trouble picturing it in my head). Here is mine so far, still a ways to go but I love it!ComingHome.jpgPaintCalipers.jpgDriverRearQuarterP.jpgPassWheelsCloseP.jpgDriverSide.jpg

ComingHome.jpg

PaintCalipers.jpg

DriverRearQuarterP.jpg

PassWheelsCloseP.jpg

DriverSide.jpg

Black on white wheels does look good for sure. Should look up member Mlara's old ride.

Members online

Back