Official LS Picture Thread

Once summer comes there will be many changes and modifications........

( Umnitza Angel Eyes )

I bought a set of Angel Eyes.....And they threw in a car!!!!!

P1000560.jpg

P1000560.jpg

how are the COP's?

The E46 six cylinder COPs are pretty reliable now. The first factory ones that they went out with were pretty bad, and the replacements are a redesigned part. AFAIK, the F10 six cylinder COPs are good too. I did notice there's some sort of warranty program going on the F10 V8s right now that involves the COPs among other things. A little searching around seems to indicate that the LS is far from the only car with COP problems.

The E46 six cylinder COPs are pretty reliable now. The first factory ones that they went out with were pretty bad, and the replacements are a redesigned part. AFAIK, the F10 six cylinder COPs are good too. I did notice there's some sort of warranty program going on the F10 V8s right now that involves the COPs among other things. A little searching around seems to indicate that the LS is far from the only car with COP problems.

The N63 (V8) engine seems to be a time bomb!! There is a "Customer Sevice" campaign to replace certain parts (including the timing chain) in all those engines (2011-2013). The revised N63TU engine fixed the problem...... Hopefully. Makes me quite happy for my re-think and getting the 535. Besides, it is actually quite a power step-up from the LSes 3.9.

The N63 (V8) engine seems to be a time bomb!! There is a "Customer Sevice" campaign to replace certain parts (including the timing chain) in all those engines (2011-2013). The revised N63TU engine fixed the problem...... Hopefully. Makes me quite happy for my re-think and getting the 535. Besides, it is actually quite a power step-up from the LSes 3.9.
How is a 535 quite a power step up from a 3.9 LS?

The N63 (V8) engine seems to be a time bomb!! ...

Yeah, so what is up with an engine that removing the alternator exposes oil passages or the inside of the engine? Either way, my understanding is that engine oil comes out when you remove the alternator and gaskets have to be replaced.

So, back to your 535, how are you adjusting to having no oil dipstick? I think I could be okay with that.

306 > 280 hp

Grrrrr....... My multi-quote disappeared......

Anyway, the official numbers are 300hp and 300ftlb. I've read 290+hp and 300 ftlb at the wheels. BMW is said to seriously under rate their numbers. Weight is comparable to the LS.

I don't really miss the dip-stick; as long as the display is accurate I'm good. So far it has stayed right at the full mark on the display.

I'm really loving this car and the build quality is exceptional. With just over 46K on the clock there is nary a squeak, creak or rattle (except for the plastic-wrapped stray I have in the driver's door that makes a little noise). I have mine in for a recalcitrant trunk light and they gave me a 320 as a loaner. I know this is most likely a base version, but it can't hold a candle to the 5, or the LS for that matter (NO offense Joe!!!). It's built just as well as the 5, but the leatherette is not near as nice as the leather. Given the option of an LS or 3, I would go with the LS.

306 > 280 hp
That doesn't amount to much in a vehicle that weighs 300 lbs more. That 535 is a very nice car and i like the lines on it. Everyone has them here. I especially like the long hood look. I just wish people with those and the G37/Q50 would stop acting like they can blow me off the road or something because they can not.

... but it can't hold a candle to the 5, or the LS for that matter (NO offense Joe!!!). It's built just as well as the 5, but the leatherette is not near as nice as the leather. Given the option of an LS or 3, I would go with the LS.

None taken. I agree. I feel that the LS was pretty good for the price at time it was made, and I can say that both of my LSes are miles above my 325. However, I doubt they compare well to much younger 5 series cars. None the less, with two kids in college I will be staying with the LSes for as long as I can. I'm still thinking Jaguar when that day does come.

there is no comparo to a late model 5 series. a close friend just bought a '12 and
its light years ahead of the ls. no matter... my car payment - 0 - his car payment - $550

:)

well thats awesome to drive a late model bimmer and paying cash. not sure i'd do that
with the depreciation factor on a vehicle, especially when you can get ridiculously good
financing these days.

in any case, no car payments is awesomeness. minimize overhead !!!

well thats awesome to drive a late model bimmer and paying cash. not sure i'd do that
with the depreciation factor on a vehicle, especially when you can get ridiculously good
financing these days.

in any case, no car payments is awesomeness. minimize overhead !!!

Pay down the house and lose the deduction or get a replacement for my LS.......... I can't deduct the interest on a loan (which would have been in the neighborhood of $1500) but I can on the house.

Depreciation has never meant much to me as I keep cars long enough that by the time I want/need to turn them over they have pretty much bottomed out. Prior to this purchase my newest car(s) was our 2006 LSes.

there is no comparo to a late model 5 series. a close friend just bought a '12 and
its light years ahead of the ls. no matter... my car payment - 0 - his car payment - $550

:)
I have 3 regular customers that would disagree with that. One even has a 550i and says he would gladly give up some power in exchange for my car 's handling. He has actually driven my car and is a former S-Type R owner.

So, back to your 535, how are you adjusting to having no oil dipstick? I think I could be okay with that.

So I looked at the oil level display in the 320. The procedure is cumbersome, to say the least...... Must be on level ground.... Engine warmed-up and running..... In "P" or "N"..... I like mine much better!!

I was a member here in 2006, driving an 05 LS6...pretty much a base model. I am back! My wife works at the local Lexus dealership and they took this in on trade in.....an 02 v6 Premium with 23K miles on it. They made me an offer.....I couldn't refuse. Still smells new!

WP_20150205_12_58_23_Pro.jpg

WP_20150205_12_58_23_Pro.jpg

Looks good guys, clean looking LS'es and thanks for getting back on topic, for a while we worried, all that old men beamer flapping.
rolleyes.gif

Welcome and Welcome back!

Looks good guys, clean looking LS'es and thanks for getting back on topic, for a while we worried, all that old men beamer flapping.
rolleyes.gif

Welcome and Welcome back!

Awwwwwww...... The Green Eyed Monster :lol::lol::joke:joke

Select file(s) to upload:

• FAMILY safe? = check!
  • Quality Pics? = check!
  • Never-before-seen Pics? = WHO CARES, it's an LS!

20141130_144159.jpg

image.jpg

20141130_144225.jpg

[not to be ever outdone, the BigRig sneaks in a lays down the 7800th post]
sorry.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back