What did you do to your LS today?

Cool, no X-pipe! Hmmmm???

BTW: there is a silencer delete on the plastic intake mod posted on here somewhere, BUT there appears to be conflicting information with respect to the fact that is disrupts the intended air flow waves possibly needed.
Yeah no x pipe yet. Had limited funds to spend. That and high flow cats will be next. Ill search for that silencer delete and take a look. Thanks for the info!!!

RE: dirty engine bay

~ if you ever get your hands on a steam cleaner, that's the way to go, nice detailed work, cleans up everything like new.

~ use Mother's back-to-black on faded plastic parts.

RE: dirty engine bay, if you ever get your hands on a steam cleaner, that's the way to go, nice detailed work, cleans up everything like new.
Yeah I saw some people on youtube doing that. Was thinking about getting one for around the house and for the car....

I got up late, made breakfast (roast beef hash and eggs), thought about washing my car before it gets too hot, then got on LVC instead. No pics because we can't yet translate thoughts to images on a computer.

It's not supposed to be too hot today, so I may still give my dirty girl a bath (I mean the car, of course). I haven't touched it myself in awhile because my knee has been bothering me, but it's been doing better lately.

Possible pics of bad knee instead ? LOL

Good luck today, have to get to my never-ending-to-do list also. :Bang

I did demand, didn't I ?

This thread is worthless without pics! If we did something to our LS'es today,
we ought to take the time to take a pic and amaze others (IMO)

Pics or it didn't happen!

... now please, don't take me so seriously!

Oh BTW ... sweet looking LS for sure, KUDOS to you!

DUDE!!!!!! I was TOTALLY kidding!!!! Didn't you catch the tongue hanging out happy face???? I have no more than 3 serious bones in my body and use them as sparingly as possible!!

And....... THANKS!!!

^ you need to have a SNICKERS - 'You're not you when you're hungry'

robin williams.jpg

robin williams.jpg

Sounds good but be sure to pick a place where they'll let us take pics.:GotPics:

Finalized the brakes all around today.

20140713_143148.jpg

20140713_143046.jpg

20140713_143011.jpg

20140713_142913.jpg

also put the inside of the trunk back together.

20140713_142913.jpg

20140713_143011.jpg

20140713_143046.jpg

20140713_143148.jpg

Nice looking on the new brakes. That's the look I prefer, understated. Loud colors on brake calipers, just not good looking to me.

After Wash/Partial Detail

I'd been taking it to a local place (auto wash followed by hand dry and spray wax) that actually does a very good job, but I enjoy doing it myself.

Car was cleaned with CarPro TRIX (tar and iron remover, not the cereal), washed, then covered with Z-2, Z-CS and Z-8. I thought I had a claybar left, but I didn't, so no clay this time. However, the TRIX removed the wax and contaminants with ease.

I'm torn about which type of finish I prefer on this color. The soft, warm carnauba glow looks good, but I'm always amazed how much the color pops once all the wax is removed.

I was also amazed at how few swirl marks were in the paint after 11 auto washes. I've had worse results from a single "professional" hand wash. I could see a few swirls if I looked in the right light, but not enough to even photograph without much better lighting than I have (I don't have a good halogen spotlight light the pros use to reveal swirls).

It's still very bright and sunny out, and a couple of pictures I tried outside were terrible (completely washed out). Here's one picture of it parked inside the garage as I was walking away (still terrible, but better than the ones I tried outside). I'll try to get more later.

2014-07-13 14.07.12 (Cropped).jpg

In reply to BigRigLS:

Brakes look good, and I also like the understated silver calipers. I've used the Akebono Euros on another car, and I'll probably put them on the LS when I'm due for brakes.

Last edited:
smiley-score010.gif
oh yeah! That's way louder Nick!
On my list, after my Bassani's wear out.

Took my LS to a dealer to get the bad news. 921 dollars to replace the fuel pump, and then I need new coils. Hopeful I can pick up some overtime so it's not quite as painful.

FedEx dropped my lip spoiler off today and I got it installed this am... I like it... color match is pretty much spot on... it only has 3m tape holding it on but it seems pretty secure... will just have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesnt start coming loose...

EDIT: Also thinking about a rear window spoiler. Thoughts on those...?

uploadfromtaptalk1405351604856.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405351617983.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405351604856.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1405351617983.jpg

Finally got a sound clip of my new exhaust setup... Cold start with Flo Pro mufflers with Resonator delete... Not to bad IMO for only costing $350 installed... Brakes are a little squeaky also b/c it rained last night and I hadn't drove it before making the video... when i'm pulling back in the driveway you can really hear my AC compressor... I think it's about to go out... It still spins even when the AC is off... it's like its not disengaging... need to get it replaced soon but that is going to be a pain in the ass... Anyway... thoughts on the exhaust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XQVHdyOtz4

had ignition coil #2 replaced today under warranty. warranty runs out in another 6 weeks or so. trying to decide if i should hang onto the LS or not.

Members online

No members online now.
Back