What did you do to your LS today?

Polished all the upper/lower Control Arms to a near perfect chrome shine. As good as it's going to get in-car, would have to be taken apart and out of vehicle to get it perfect. Not interested, good enough, all cleaned up, looks 10 times better.

Yup!

progress2.jpg

progress1.jpg

Almost got the brakes back in. Takes me a while.

progress1.jpg

progress2.jpg

Looks good :Beer

Gave mine a bath... still need to find a window long enough and on a good day, to get a coat of wax on her.

I installed my new Ford bumper I picked up for a good price, my co workers had it painted for my birthday. Also did the headlight restore to my fog lights while they were out. I friggin hate that I have to put a plate on the front

front bumper 20140704_105224.jpg

front bumper 20140704_105224.jpg

Returned from vacation and took her for a well deserved wash, been sitting in the driveway for 14 days.

Last edited:
Finally fixed the driver rear window so it goes all the way up and down with a piece of rubber hose. Had no dowel rod available when I felt like working. Going to see about getting the correct part, but in the meantime the window works. Also washed the car by hand for the first time. Looks like a new car.

In addition, set the valves on my dad's 86 Chevy halfton (engine is in and running) and washed the install slop off it. Washed the truck too. It'll need a carb, and the slapped together 350 isn't nearly as powerful as it was with the 400, but it'll run well enough to sell.

Already started pulling the engine out of my own truck. I found all the antifreeze in the oil, all the oil on top of the antifreeze, but have yet to find all of the #3 spark plug. I'm sure it's in there somewhere. The good news is the engine is no longer locked solid, I can spin it around about 1/3 of the way. I think once I pull the driver side head off I can get the engine to spin all the way around and won't have to pull the trans with the engine. Got a high output 5.3L crate engine from Pace Performance sitting in the garage to take the place of the blown 4.8L. Nothing but work work work in the garage these days.

Didn't get much done today/weekend, just an oil change.

New drain plug, new Motorcraft FL-2021 oil filter, Mobil1 5W20 Synthetic w/ LUCAS Synthetic.

oil2.jpg

oil.jpg

Ran it for a bit, idles nicely.

~ painted the bottom of the oil pan.

oil2.jpg

oil.jpg

Had the old tint removed (I don't think I got what I paid for and the installer is out of business) and new installed. On our recent trip to Texas my wife got a little sunburned with the factory "tint" and my daughter also got a little pink with the alleged 50% tint on her window. I used SunTek CXP tint. Wasn't cheap, but well worth the outlay, IMHO. It looks OUTSTANDING!!! Can't recommend the tint enough!!

Had the old tint removed (I don't think I got what I paid for and the installer is out of business) and new installed. On our recent trip to Texas my wife got a little sunburned with the factory "tint" and my daughter also got a little pink with the alleged 50% tint on her window. I used SunTek CXP tint. Wasn't cheap, but well worth the outlay, IMHO. It looks OUTSTANDING!!! Can't recommend the tint enough!!

Yes....let's see some pictures. What does Kalifornia allow as for light transmission?

I swear this is the year I get tint. Suntek CXP is also what I have planned. How much $$. I think here it may run me $300 for 5 windows. Not too many do Suntek in this market.

The tint should help to keep the 115 temps at bay when I have to park without shade.

Yes....let's see some pictures. What does Kalifornia allow as for light transmission?

I swear this is the year I get tint. Suntek CXP is also what I have planned. How much $$. I think here it may run me $300 for 5 windows. Not too many do Suntek in this market.

The tint should help to keep the 115 temps at bay when I have to park without shade.

Mine was ~$445 which included removing the old tint. The People's Republik doesn't allow tint on the front windows. I got one fix-it-ticket up by Eureka years ago but I think that was in lieu of a ticket for 10 over. I went with 45% on the front two windows and 20% on the back 3.

Pics later..... Should I find the time....

Didn't get much done today/weekend, just an oil change.

New drain plug, new Motorcraft FL-2021 oil filter, Mobil1 5W20 Synthetic w/ LUCAS Synthetic.

Ran it for a bit, idles nicely.

~ painted the bottom of the oil pan.

BigRig, your LS always looks so clean! And you always seem to be taking great care of it. Good work.

My poor car has been being neglected while I am fixing up a truck.

Finally got an intake. Just went with the kkm intake and may get the asmi one later on... cleaned my mass air sensor and also the throttle body while I was at it... also got my resanators cut and replaced with straight pipe along with 2 flo pro mufflers. Sounds decent... Exhaust only cost me 350 installed so I cant complain... ill try to get a sound clip somwtime soon. All in all a good day for my LS...

What's the deal with the trunk lights? Always in the dark with factory trunk light on my '02 LSE. Care to share where you goy them?

What's the deal with the trunk lights? Always in the dark with factory trunk light on my '02 LSE. Care to share where you goy them?

I got some LED strips from www.superbrightleds.com and wired them into the factory light. I mounted 2 up front, two I the middle (to the back of the factory amp cover) and two at the rear facing forward, down by where the spare tire cover meets the back of the trunk. Just install the strips where you like them.

Since you demanded and questioned my voracity :p .........

I did demand, didn't I ?

This thread is worthless without pics! If we did something to our LS'es today,
we ought to take the time to take a pic and amaze others (IMO)

Pics or it didn't happen!

... now please, don't take me so seriously!

Oh BTW ... sweet looking LS for sure, KUDOS to you!

Always "quote" a reply so the forum can understand to which post you are referring. If you see something on page#7 and you hit "reply" it will put your post at the bottom of all the pages, it could skip 50+ pages and others may then not clearly understand to which item/post you are commenting.

... It's just two of them soldered together (came two in a package), protected with some heat shrink tubing and running the lead
to the contacts on the trunk light, which I also switched to LED.

It comes on when you open the trunk ... Simple as Bob's your Uncle.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

MAXLED, (many available colors) ... By Alpena, distributed by Walmart and others.

http://www.alpena.ca/

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/alpena-led-lights

Finally got an intake. Just went with the kkm intake and may get the asmi one later on... cleaned my mass air sensor and also the throttle body while I was at it... also got my resanators cut and replaced with straight pipe along with 2 flo pro mufflers. Sounds decent... Exhaust only cost me 350 installed so I cant complain... ill try to get a sound clip somwtime soon. All in all a good day for my LS...

Pics or it didn't ..... LOL

Cool, no X-pipe! Hmmmm???

BTW: there is a silencer delete on the plastic intake mod posted on here somewhere, BUT there appears to be conflicting information with respect to the fact that is disrupts the intended air flow waves possibly needed.

Members online

No members online now.
Back