Poll: Which placement of this 'v-8' chrome emblem do you like?

placement of the V8 emblem

• Total voters
Ok, I voted for pic 5. Short and wide emblem, I think it would look best there.

It cracks me up that some jackleg would comment that a V8 emblem on your fender automatically means you have penis envy and drive a 4 cylinder...

Matador?

-I frankly don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks about me-maybe you worry about things like that-I don't.

Clearly you do worry about what people think about or you wouldn't have started this thread or said "Actually, every v-tech, AcuraTL Lexus IS, G35-g37 z350, and every other guy who pulls up beside me is going to have a second thought about stoplight racing me when they see my emblem of V8 power glimmering in the summer sun"

Clearly you do worry about what people think about or you wouldn't have started this thread or said "Actually, every v-tech, AcuraTL Lexus IS, G35-g37 z350, and every other guy who pulls up beside me is going to have a second thought about stoplight racing me when they see my emblem of V8 power glimmering in the summer sun"

Another person to place on the ever-growing ignore list :)

[SUP][/SUP]
clearly you do worry about what people think about or you wouldn't have started this thread or said "actually, every v-tech, acuratl lexus is, g35-g37 z350, and every other guy who pulls up beside me is going to have a second thought about stoplight racing me when they see my emblem of v8 power glimmering in the summer sun"
lol :D

Another person to place on the ever-growing ignore list :)

There are only two members on my ignore list, and they are there because they are very wrong about technical issues and have no intent to learn. For that reason, there' nothing for me to gain from them.
However, I would suggest that Rick might want to add me to his ignore list.

Unfortunately I hate the emblem you have chosen. Also you mentioned that the pros know the lines of the car better than you.. Well as an expert of these lines I want to ask why do you want to break them up with a cheap emblem. The ls's lines are enough to please the eye alone. Anyway I also see your pinstripe. Which I also am not a fan of, but since it's there and you want your car to say "v8" I recommend shaving off an inch or so of the pinstripe to the right of the little lincoln logo I see in the pinstripe, and simply add the "v8" there using the vinyl or whatever pinstripes are made of. That's just my .02 though. I know a lot of people hate my car and my styling choices so I probably wouldn't trust me at all.

Unfortunately I hate the emblem you have chosen. Also you mentioned that the pros know the lines of the car better than you.. Well as an expert of these lines I want to ask why do you want to break them up with a cheap emblem. The ls's lines are enough to please the eye alone. Anyway I also see your pinstripe. Which I also am not a fan of, but since it's there and you want your car to say "v8" I recommend shaving off an inch or so of the pinstripe to the right of the little lincoln logo I see in the pinstripe, and simply add the "v8" there using the vinyl or whatever pinstripes are made of. That's just my .02 though. I know a lot of people hate my car and my styling choices so I probably wouldn't trust me at all.
don't worry, most of us downed the emblem. I don't really care what he does, it's not my car and I won't have to look at it! LOL

That's why I suggested door placement rather than fender replacement for the emblem he suggested. I at least get the intent of the OP, where would that emblem look best on the car. While I don't think it belongs, due to the emblem dimensions I think it would fit best just above the door bump trim, about an inch or so behind the leading edge of the door. Alternatively, put it on the bottom trim at the rear.

The problem with putting it on the fender is the distance between the wheel well and the door line is very small, and IMO an emblem looks best if the area it's being put at is at least twice as wide as the emblem. This is also why the alternate emblem suggested looks better than this one is because the emblem is half the width of the fender at the wheelwell to door line so it looks like it fits better.

The real problem with putting in an emblem is the door bump trim is exactly where such an emblem should go, plus two items in this area looks too busy.

You imagine a world where everyone is forced to be alike, do the same thing, no individualists allowed, personal preferences forbidden ... Yikes!

You imagine a world where everyone is forced to be alike, do the same thing, no individualists allowed, personal preferences forbidden ... Yikes!

Sounds like China, Cuba, North Korea, etc.....

No, you're projecting what YOU would worry about. Having the emblem on the car for stoplight races has nothing to do with what someone thinks about 'me' I don't have the emblem hanging around my neck like a gold chain-it's on the car/ Maybe you need a timeout from these boards as every post I see of yours is grouchy and condescending-and as a suggestion, why don't you start by stepping off this thread and taking your insecurities with you. You're officially on ignore, asshat.

Ok, I voted for pic 5. Short and wide emblem, I think it would look best there.

It cracks me up that some jackleg would comment that a V8 emblem on your fender automatically means you have penis envy and drive a 4 cylinder...

Matador?

Because he thinks everyone is an insecure little Nancy like he is. People love to project their flaws onto others that they suffer from to make themselves feel a little bit better about their miserable exixtences-like Joegr.
It's a 1966 Rambler Marlin with the 327 in it.

Thanks- the pinstripe was already there, so I just have to deal with it. Thanks for the input

There are only two members on my ignore list, and they are there because they are very wrong about technical issues and have no intent to learn. For that reason, there' nothing for me to gain from them.
However, I would suggest that Rick might want to add me to his ignore list.
I can imagine you're on a lot of members ignore list, which is probably why you're such an insecure nail biter/

NO problem, Nancy. Step off over there_ and gtfo out of this thread, prick

Because he thinks everyone is an insecure little Nancy like he is. People love to project their flaws onto others that they suffer from to make themselves feel a little bit better about their miserable exixtences-like Joegr.
It's a 1966 Rambler Marlin with the 327 in it.

Ah, play nice. It's a car forum and a pretty decent decent one at that thanks to the community that visit's it.

Here's my fastback, a '68 Fairlane 500 with 46k. 289 / C4 and 2.79 gears get 23mpg at 60 mph and is quieter than my LS at speed.

DSCF1005.jpg

That's why I suggested door placement rather than fender replacement for the emblem he suggested. I at least get the intent of the OP, where would that emblem look best on the car. While I don't think it belongs, due to the emblem dimensions I think it would fit best just above the door bump trim, about an inch or so behind the leading edge of the door. Alternatively, put it on the bottom trim at the rear.

The problem with putting it on the fender is the distance between the wheel well and the door line is very small, and IMO an emblem looks best if the area it's being put at is at least twice as wide as the emblem. This is also why the alternate emblem suggested looks better than this one is because the emblem is half the width of the fender at the wheelwell to door line so it looks like it fits better.

The real problem with putting in an emblem is the door bump trim is exactly where such an emblem should go, plus two items in this area looks too busy.

I'm not quite sure that such an emblem is "exactly where such an emblem should go", because adding this V8 emblem as the user is wanting to do (or has done already?), is s/thing that the LS does not have to begin with...this particular emblem that is.

So, if you're adding the emblem, ANYwhere I guess could be fine, right? On the Dakota I just sold 2 months ago, the "V8 High Output" was on the tailgate, not the front 1/4 panel. Ha, I recall a few bikers had pulled up behind me one day, and reading their lips in the rear view mirror and watching them for a second, the one turns his head to the rider beside him pointing to the emblem saying, "Look at that...high output" :)

So yeah, if it's placed on front 1/4 panel, most won't see it if you're at a light, but to the guy who is behind you at a light and wants to bring it on, may have a better chance of spotting it.

MY question is, do I live in an overly conservative place, because nobody around here is racing at traffic lights any more nowadays! :) I DO recall living up around the Detroit area years back and visiting Woodward Avenue a few times...now THAT was the place to be if you wanted to run s/body and show 'em what you've got :)

I'm not quite sure that such an emblem is "exactly where such an emblem should go", because adding this V8 emblem as the user is wanting to do (or has done already?), is s/thing that the LS does not have to begin with...this particular emblem that is.

So, if you're adding the emblem, ANYwhere I guess could be fine, right? On the Dakota I just sold 2 months ago, the "V8 High Output" was on the tailgate, not the front 1/4 panel. Ha, I recall a few bikers had pulled up behind me one day, and reading their lips in the rear view mirror and watching them for a second, the one turns his head to the rider beside him pointing to the emblem saying, "Look at that...high output" :)

So yeah, if it's placed on front 1/4 panel, most won't see it if you're at a light, but to the guy who is behind you at a light and wants to bring it on, may have a better chance of spotting it.

MY question is, do I live in an overly conservative place, because nobody around here is racing at traffic lights any more nowadays! :) I DO recall living up around the Detroit area years back and visiting Woodward Avenue a few times...now THAT was the place to be if you wanted to run s/body and show 'em what you've got :)

The bikers were mocking your emblem...

My "should go" comment wasn't aimed at "only my opinion matters" or anything like that. There are certain aesthetic rules that do apply though. Obviously he can put the emblem where he likes, but putting them where they should go according to those rules will look tons better.

... You're officially on ignore, asshat.

Hahaha, you have no idea what so ever, tsk tsk tsk, you just bit the hand that 'could' have fed you.

You'll have to go through a small army of frontmen if you wanna get all up on Joe

At this point, you are fighting a losing battle and I see a new username in your future.

GL

100_0754.jpg

Here's where I put mine. I also got some flak on here when I posted the pics. :p

My thought process was this: The emblem is the 03+ Thunderbird V8 emblem from Ford, so it's legit since both cars share the same engine. And the placement was based on the Audi S series' emblem placement. Since Lincoln was going for a more "European" styling with the LS, why not duplicate the emblem placement? Anyway, my .02.

100_0754.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back