Lowered LSes Heights & Equipement Used

My setup of Eibach Pro springs and LSE Sport Shocks have been on the car since 2004. 245/40x18 tires.
Left Front 25.75"
Right Front 25.875"
Left Rear 26.25"
Right Rear 25.875"

LSEM15b.jpg

My setup of Eibach Pro springs and LSE Sport Shocks have been on the car since 2004. 245/40x18 tires.
Left Front 25.75"
Right Front 25.875"
Left Rear 26.25"
Right Rear 25.875"

This guy right here is the one who made me fall in love with vivid red
Havnt seen you around in awhile

This guy right here is the one who made me fall in love with vivid red
Havnt seen you around in awhile
You are right, I have not been around the forum in a year or two. Too busy being retired.;)

My wife's stock '06 LS with factory size tires and wheels has a ride height of 28" all the way around.

My '06 LS has 18" wheels wearing 245/45/18 tires. I have stock shocks and Eibach springs. Ride height is 26 1/2" all around.

Looks like between the springs and tires I have a 1 1/2" drop.

Can u put side by side picks up I'm thinking about changing springs but not sure if its worth it

Any one can explain the suspension system to me seems I can pull out my driveway in reverse from a cold start and it will scrap the top part of my driveway but after riding when I pull out the rest of the day I have no scrubb also I notice from my first gen and now my second if I turn the car off and sit inside for a few minutes I can hear a sound witch I'm not sure but seens to be air being released or something. I'm not stating this as a problem I'm almost positive its normal I'm just trying to understand what it is it will make me feel a little better about lowering it if I'm aware of what's going on a little more kinda scared now it rides well enough from factory hate to have it fup because I couldn't leave well enough a long

Rollin,, I'm really glad you started this thread!! I've had a set of the pro springs in the garage since July and a little worried about installing them cause I want to do a 19 inch wheel and the curb seems real close now on my stock 17's!!
I'm not sure I will be able to clear the curb on my driveway

Yeah man same hear

Can u put side by side picks up I'm thinking about changing springs but not sure if its worth it

Welll........ As I got tired of scraping driveways, speed bumps and other assorted obstacles around here, I reinstalled the stock springs. Sure, the car looked FANTASTIC, but I just got tired of scraping-up the lower front bumper! I still have to hit my mother-in-law's driveway at an angle to prevent scraping; and her driveway angle isn't that sharp!!

Any one can explain the suspension system to me seems I can pull out my driveway in reverse from a cold start and it will scrap the top part of my driveway but after riding when I pull out the rest of the day I have no scrubb also I notice from my first gen and now my second if I turn the car off and sit inside for a few minutes I can hear a sound witch I'm not sure but seens to be air being released or something. I'm not stating this as a problem I'm almost positive its normal I'm just trying to understand what it is it will make me feel a little better about lowering it if I'm aware of what's going on a little more kinda scared now it rides well enough from factory hate to have it fup because I couldn't leave well enough a long

The ride will be stiffer and sharp road defects will cause a bit of a jolt.

I believe that sound is the climate control. Both my '06's do it. Joe posted somewhere here what it is, but I don't remember exactly.

Any one can explain the suspension system to me seems I can pull out my driveway in reverse from a cold start and it will scrap the top part of my driveway but after riding when I pull out the rest of the day I have no scrubb

Possibly because the fluid in the shock absorbers expand when heated and contract when cooled. While the car doesn't ride on the shocks, the shocks do exert a pushing force which will lift the suspension a bit. Combine this with the rest of the suspension being cold and condensed vs heated and expanded, plus cold tires have less pressure than hot tires, can be raising the car just enough to clear vs not quite able to clear the driveway. Between these three things, I can see the curb height of the car being raised a half inch overall. Easy enough to check with a tape measure, measure the car from the ground to the top of the fender before you go anywhere, then measure again when you get where you're going.

Welll........ As I got tired of scraping driveways, speed bumps and other assorted obstacles around here, I reinstalled the stock springs. Sure, the car looked FANTASTIC, but I just got tired of scraping-up the lower front bumper! I still have to hit my mother-in-law's driveway at an angle to prevent scraping; and her driveway angle isn't that sharp!!

And on that noye lowering is out of the question for me. I will become a terrorist because the city would have to pay for the damage from all these pot holes in Atlanta if I have to make them

What's the best struts to use?
2002 lincoln ls v8
I'm going to install Eibach lowering springs and hated the way Monroe's ride

Thanks. They're isn't many options out there for us. Guess I'll have to go with motor craft

i'll add mine on here as well - i see this
is kind of an old thread... may still help
someone.

cut factory springs ( 7 coils on springs )
factory replacement shocks
18x8 rims
255/45 tires

25.5" front
26" rear

1920548_10205770624727801_6968954958954593531_n.jpg

How can you get a slight drop, (1" to 1 1/2") and still have a decent ride quality, not jolt?

And are Swift springs a decent ride quality and not to low?

You had them right? But I though you said they were too low?

What about the Swift Springs ride quality?

Too low for my 85 year old mother in law. I liked the height and the ride was excellent.
I know nothing about the Swift Springs...... In fact, never heard of them.

Who has pics of their ls with 235/50/17's with or without Eibach coils. I found a new set of rims.... just would like to have some kind of idea how they look? I do plan on installing the pro springs as well. Thanks.

Who has pics of their ls with 235/50/17's with or without Eibach coils.

Without is easy to find. That's the stock Sport tire size.

Here's a result from a quick "lincoln ls eibach 17" search. There are other pictures, but I know these are 17s (stock). it's probably somewhere in this thread already, especially since it's already on LVC. Let's try linking it as an attachment

View attachment 23354

In the likelihood that didn't work, http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=23354

Members online

No members online now.
Back