DLF's Car on Ebay

Well I just bid a few times. Curious as to the reserve on it. Car is worth as much as I sold my white one for and my pockets are not that deep right now. LOL

RIP Doug. :(

She's asking 10k (Posted on LOD). As far as the reserve goes I have no idea. She should really include more detailed pictures and a description instead of a parts/mod list though.

I hope this goes to someone that can really appreciate it.

As much as I respect Doug, and what he's done..... I can't go on record saying that car is worth any more than a standard well modded car. Just as I wouldn't expect someone to pay an exorbitant amount for any of my cars when I pass.

Good luck with the sale nonetheless.

As much as I respect Doug, and what he's done..... I can't go on record saying that car is worth any more than a standard well modded car. Just as I wouldn't expect someone to pay an exorbitant amount for any of my cars when I pass.

Good luck with the sale nonetheless.

I personally think the car is worth $7,500 but no more than that. It does hold a sentimental value amongst us though.

I personally think the car is worth $7,500 but no more than that.

I think most of us realize you would be hard pressed to build a copy of Doug's car for $10K. But we all know how difficult it is to get resale value out of any modified car, let alone a '98 Lincoln.

I can't help but think there is someone out there that is willing to buy it for the asking price.

it's worth what it sells for, we may know in 10 days. Seeing the pics on Ebay is like a punch to the gut, a reminder that only the good die young

Well the price has moved up rapidly already and with so many days left it might easily go over 10G. I hope so.

Bids are flyin up. $5000 was my cap but I knew I didn't have a chance. Was just wishful thinking.

That is a $5500 car with ZERO mods. Alex, I disagree with you violently. :) C'mon dude. Doug has more than $2000 worth of mods into that car.

I offered $8k before she ever posted on LOD, then said I could go as high as $9k. She held firm and wouldn't sell. Then, the day after I purchased another 96 LSC with the black interior for an interior swap she asked if we could meet at $9k :mad:. This leads me to believe she didn't see my email about going up to 9 previously. I personally think $8k is the right price for that car but I want her to get more. I may still bid, not sure. I really don't have the room for it. And FWIW, I would drive the hell out of that car.
Of course, who knows how it would handle the roads up here with the Delrin bushings.

That is a $5500 car with ZERO mods. Alex, I disagree with you violently. :) C'mon dude. Doug has more than $2000 worth of mods into that car.

$2000 in mods?? What? There's probably $1000 in wheels and tires, let alone every single driveline modification, granted he did everything himself but still the cost of parts alone has to be double that easily if not more.

$2000 in mods?? What? There's probably $1000 in wheels and tires, let alone every single driveline modification, granted he did everything himself but still the cost of parts alone has to be double that easily if not more.

yeah exactly, alex said 7500, and kirk was saying that doug has done way more than $2k worth of mods on a $5500 car.

i don't really know what its worth. but i'd pay her asking price of 10 if i had it though.

that is one beautiful car.....and not only that its my favorite color.....i wonder how much its going to sell for. rest in peace Doug.

that is one beautiful car.....and not only that its my favorite color.....i wonder how much its going to sell for.

Lack of pictures and no actual description leads me to believe it won't. Unless it's to somebody that actually knows the car.

Lack of pictures and no actual description leads me to believe it won't. Unless it's to somebody that actually knows the car.

Yeah it really needs a lot more high res pics to show how great of a car it really is..as well as a better description, it looks like someone just copied and pasted a mod list from one of Doug's progress threads.

If I had the spare Jing I would sweep it up.

Now who is it that said it has only 2K of add ons :blah: they are nuts!

If I had the spare Jing I would sweep it up.

Now who is it that said it has only 2K of add ons :blah: they are nuts!

No one said 2,000 specifically. Just a figure pulled out of two numbers in this thread.

To me, the car is worth no more than 7,500-8,000.

Nothing special in engine work, other than Doug's attention to detail (which was in a league of few members), nothing special in the trans..... Which leaves the delrin bushings, and SFCs. He spent countless hours tuning it which counts for something I guess.

I just can NOT see 10K for the car. I need enlightened I suppose.

No It was right after I was laid off. I figured out how much cash I could spare at that time. If she had said yes I would have tried to sell everything else except the 93 Supercharged Mark. I have 4 other Marks and a 2010 Fusion.

Members online

Back