98 Only J-Mod Instructions - Sticky Please!

Nice video! However, if he wants to make it so simple and use only 2 drill bits, he very well could have used the same bit he used on all the other holes on the #10 hole, also. It would not have hurt anything and he could have just used 1 drill bit for the entire plate.

To each there own and this is a great video for anyone wanting to do this themselves!

i would rather mod the valve body and not drop the spring...
in fact, i did just that.

the bigger holes do more than just shift the trans quicker.
the faster movement of fluid also helps cool and lubricate the trans more efficiently.

I have always wondered this I've been seeing that mid or late 97 models have the updated trans, does this apply to them too? And does anyone know an around about build date of the update 97 trans?

I have always wondered this I've been seeing that mid or late 97 models have the updated trans, does this apply to them too?

yes. the 98 trans got better hard parts. but they didn't really change the valve body. friction material, mechanical diode, better case design, bigger OD accumulator. and so on. i've seen it reccomded all the way up to 04 transmissions. when they basically dropped the 4r70w.

in the end, even DLF jmod'd his trans. he had held off on it for a while.

I drilled out the holes according to the specs in the PDF but left all of the springs alone. To me it's perfect. It shifts quick and smooth, you can't even tell that it's happening unless you are really getting on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back