UltimateSVT's black on black '97 SLOOOWWW progress thread

I'm sorry about that. I didn't know. I have others. I sold you that one because it was the cheapest one I had. PM me if interested.

I didn't write my sentence correctly. I'm looking for another neon in the near future. At this point I am completely out of budget. Gotta know when to stop spending.

The pins for the outer top corners of my neon were broken too, luckily I found them and glued them back on.

That's the thing, when you have 'em it's ok. Problem is I couldn't even invent something.

I think what he meant about the headlight eyebrows and tail lights are the trim that is glued to them..they can be removed and just reglued when its done..saves from them having to tape them off and risk not covering the lenses completly.

At this point the car is at the shop. It's stayin there because I'm not picking it back up. Tomorrow I'm going by to drop soemthing off at the body shop & I will point out those little details to the guys. They've painted for us before so they know how picky both my step-dad & I are.

I didn't write my sentence correctly. I'm looking for another neon in the near future. At this point I am completely out of budget. Gotta know when to stop spending.

That's the thing, when you have 'em it's ok. Problem is I couldn't even invent something.

**Take a small bolt the same length as the studs and shave the head down a bit.. then epoxy that bad boy onto the back of the housing

At this point the car is at the shop. It's stayin there because I'm not picking it back up. Tomorrow I'm going by to drop soemthing off at the body shop & I will point out those little details to the guys. They've painted for us before so they know how picky both my step-dad & I are.

:)

**Take a small bolt the same length as the studs and shave the head down a bit.. then epoxy that bad boy onto the back of the housing :)

Problem is there's a hole where the corner studs once were. I'm going to play with the neon once it's back home. I'd rather save it than search for another one quite frankly. It's a very clean neon.

Oh, I was just thinking something different... Or like a temple bumper.

attachment.php

Hmm

Yesterday all my remaining parts arrived. Front bumper, grill & headlamps. Installed everything in the afternoon right before it started to rain.

2ebcc376-5d7b-4c7c-b131-38645078fbae_zps87da9449.jpg

d511a10c-48b6-4900-b813-abefec6b08d6_zpsdb7dd1e2.jpg

78a9d600-320b-4743-8b5e-ab8727af01dd_zps8f3e47f5.jpg

2480dfc1-ee10-464a-9a0f-a83b73a91f95_zps25dfc832.jpg

So... This is where I'm at. This morning my baby has been dropped off at the body shop. Went with a higher quality body shop at last minute but well worth it. Paint & buffing. By Wednesday the car will be ready. I'm dieing to see the finished results

This was the drive this morning to the body shop. Last drive before paint.

05f13487-36c9-4554-8a1b-2e49f798be9f_zps0ffd35f4.jpg

She's at the beauty shop for cosmetic surgery.

cd1ad2e0-bbec-4fcc-8523-98d32cc658eb_zps469420f0.jpg

The best part about all this? I have ordered my wheels & they are on their way!

oe-3448-17-a-f-p-2-x_zps89316ff9.jpg

Bullet_Deep_zpsd0bd5aa5.jpg

oe-3448-17-a-r-3-x_zps1f13af80.jpg

Love those rims! you are indeed right, as the Saleens and Cobra R's are played out! I wouldn't mind seeing FR500's or 03/04 cobra anniversary edition, gun metal grey ones? :shifty: Anyhow, or hell even the new GT premium wheels looks sick! The company you bought the rims from, they do make alot of NICE looking ones.

Just noticed those bullitt wheels you showed pics of have "oe racing" on them..are they made by oe wheels? If so they sell TONS of aftermarket replica wheels for a whole bunch of car makers as well as different sizes and offsets for specific types of wheels..a friend of mine just bought a set of staggered c4 corvette wheels for his t/a from OE wheels..they are really nice quality.

Whats the scoop on the wheels Alex?

Just noticed those bullitt wheels you showed pics of have "oe racing" on them..are they made by oe wheels? If so they sell TONS of aftermarket replica wheels for a whole bunch of car makers as well as different sizes and offsets for specific types of wheels..a friend of mine just bought a set of staggered c4 corvette wheels for his t/a from OE wheels..they are really nice quality.

Those are indeed OE wheels. The wheels that I always order for the Mustangs my stepdad flips are OE's. They are great quality & really, really look so good.

Story on these wheels is they were the last set left at thecustomwheelshop.com in our 5x108 lug pattern. Supposedly they no longer carry them. They still show on their web page the set that I purchased but I just think they haven't updated their website.

http://thecustomwheelshop.com/produ...ducts_id/33?osCsid=dqav4rl0l77bpooo3fu8df7rv5

The only bullitt wheel set they're selling now is the set that I was about to order last week.

http://thecustomwheelshop.com/produ...ducts_id/28?osCsid=dqav4rl0l77bpooo3fu8df7rv5

Both sets are sold as staggered wheels (18x9's & 18x10's) but the finish is totally different.

Good gosh lol, talk about alot of dust! =p Ah, what a pain it is to do an overall paint job. If I may ask, how much? =/

Alex, What brand paint are they going to lay on that car?

....and will it be water-based or solvent?

So why are your headlights/tail lights still in? I would kick them swiftly in the teeth for geting a sander that close to my housings.

So why are your headlights/tail lights still in? I would kick them swiftly in the teeth for geting a sander that close to my housings.

+1...

If you take them out, that's less that they have to mask off...

Also, you need to remove the headlight "eyebrow" moldings and have them paint those separate from the headlights. Takes about 34 seconds with a flathead screwdriver, and completely worth it...

+1...

If you take them out, that's less that they have to mask off...

Also, you need to remove the headlight "eyebrow" moldings and have them paint those separate from the headlights. Takes about 34 seconds with a Flathead screwdriver, and completely worth it...

I have taken the "eye brows" out in different/other projects but in this case I painted the headlamp sockets behind the lights already so those are taken care of. Same as the rears. As for the lights? These guys have painted about 5 cars for us. There's "ZERO" errors on their final product when they give me the keys to the car. These guys are REALLY good.

Here are a couple pictures of my cordovan paint process back in 2011 by the same ppl in my house & my mother's house. The car never touched a paint booth.

The black seals around the lights are left BLACK. They don't get painted over. I don't know how they do it but they do it & it's not the first job they do for us.

IMAG1043ss3.jpg

DSCN4294ss8.jpg

IMAG0229ssdd.jpg

103_1762sshh.jpg

IMAG0243ssgg.jpg

100_2237ss.jpg

I think it would honestly take less time for them to remove headlights and tail lights than to mask all that stuff off..then again they would probably hit you with a removal fee on your itemized bill..but whatever works..if you feel comfortable with the way they do it then its all good.

I think it would honestly take less time for them to remove headlights and tail lights than to mask all that stuff off..then again they would probably hit you with a removal fee on your itemized bill..but whatever works..if you feel comfortable with the way they do it then its all good.

+1. It's $220.00 to remove headlamps, tail lamps & paint all wedges, doorjambs, etc... That's why I took care of it myself last week before I dropped off the car.

I do trust their work. I had them paint my sh!ttiest Mark VIII for $1,100 in 2011(Cordovan shown above) thinking it would turn out "just good enough" to sell. Turns out the car looked like it had a showroom finish. These guys used to be employees for 16 years at a shop that only painted prestige cars. They started reducing their hours 2-3 years back since the economy slumped. They dealt with it but slowly they had to start doing the side jobs like my cordovan Mark & my step dad's Mustangs in the back yard to make ends meet. They got tired of low hours & they opened their own shop. I know I'm getting really good service.

Went back to the body shop this morning to visit my baby. YES! I can't help it. I went by to see the progress & enjoy what she's becoming. Tonight prior to closing, the first full coat of primer would be layed on the car so that they can sand it again. I won't be going tomorrow but I will be passing by again on Wednesday. Of course I will be taking pictures again & post them. :)

By the way, CHECK OUT THE NEW TURBINE INSTALLED ON MY MARK!!!

34332c1b-f725-42d7-9c73-1f04f057121a_zps7d7fe0d5.jpg

9874d80b-219a-4316-b683-d21b30389d8c_zps734f014c.jpg

2838ed6f-7772-46b1-be96-8aace0e4de59_zpsde3155a6.jpg

7c2a1bee-6caa-4cda-acc4-db08e2d207f3_zps50d2754e.jpg

I SWEAR.... I'm having major anxiety!!! Lol... I don't have a project to work on!

Anyway so I decided to paint the engine bay beauty covers in Deep Wedgewood Blue. I'm going to sand them & clear-coat them tomorrow. Then in a couple days I plan on either painting or laying silver decals over the "LINCOLN MARK VIII" letters & spraying another couple layers of clear-coat on top of that! I need to keep myself busy because I really miss working on the car!

Here are the pictures:

dad7c245-23f6-45d6-9dc6-31789d24da5f_zpsc9f65d05.jpg

f2b329f1-f97f-419b-82f5-c59601ef0011_zpsa1507370.jpg

cb42efdf-426f-4cd2-add9-f54f90ccc203_zps5fd780b8.jpg

Members online

Back