Mark VIII with a body kit. Is it worth saving?

Man I want that car! It is too bad I am down here. Can someone help me get this. I have my eye on a 93 here, but this one looks promising.

"it is in much better condition than fair. Great condition inside and very good out"

:rolleyes:

I dont like the kits either but i think its worth saving.
Like preserving mark history.

Needs transmission work, paint and a battery (and air ride...)

Yeah. Much better than fair shape...:rolleyes:

Eww dude, pitch that sh*t..body kits on these cars look retarded. I've never seen an attractive aftermarket body kit. Unless it comes from the factory or something custom and very subtle, it just looks bad.

2 things could be done..

You can beat your car with a hammer all over

Or fix all of that one

Both with look like junk when done

As you can see everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I think it's worth saving & flipping. I'm sure you can get a pretty penny. I'd do a quick swap to T-Bird springs & lift that poor Mark & go from there. You can tell it's resting on the damn body kit.

SO, since everyone has their own opinion... Here are a couple questions you have to ask yourself:

#1. Why do I want the car?
#2. How much do I have to spend?
#3. Do I want to keep it?
#4. Is the curent owner willing to drop that price substantially? (Car is worth $900-$1,000) due to current state.

$1,000 paint job + $1,000 transmission + $450 springs & you are already looking at the current value of the car.

Now, reality? Get a used tranny for $300, Get used junk yard springs for $100 & a cheap paint job for $700 & you can flip the car but that's not what you want the seller to know! ;)

I for one like the body kits. they are rare and hard to come by in descent shape. id be all over it just for the kit and then resell the car.

I've never seen an attractive aftermarket body kit.

This is the only "tolerable" one I have ever seen...

sta71178.jpg

sta72146a.jpg

sta72155a.jpg

I like the setup and look definitely has potential but color scheme is crucial in my eye to set it off. I would do most of the body work myself. Save a couple $$$ and lift that off the ground with coil over setup, just go ahead and pull both motor and tranny. After playing with both inside the car I would make my decision on condition from there but still drop both to at least clean and reseal the motor. And clean up the engine bay and any front suspension issues. But after all that I may end up keeping it and just beasting it out.

If it didn't have tranny issues i'd consider it for 500 and just throw on some coils, remove said body kit and plati dip the f'er. In it's present state it belongs at the junkyard.

The only car i've seen that can pull off a bk is Derek's. All the rest are hideous.

Oooh, I like the black one - esp. the rear. Extending the bumper that low really makes the car look meaner & more substantial. The sides are ok; I guess you've got to have something to make the lines flow to the back.

The one from the OP? Looks like any of the cheapo body kits sold in the 90s. It's almost like their entire goal was to destroy the futuristic lines the car came with.

Agreed. That looks very nice. Understated, well integrated into the car's original design, smooth flowing, and doesn't look like something "tacked on". I like it. It also makes the car look lower without compromising the suspension and it makes the car look more substantial and compliments the overall proportions of the car. Very well executed in my opinion. :)

Here are a couple more I've seen that are very well executed and I think look pretty good on the Mark VIII without looking like gaudy, tacked-on afterthoughts:

whitemarkviii.jpg

sleepy2.jpg

LMSAEROPAK2OLD.jpg

whitemarkviii.jpg

sleepy2.jpg

LMSAEROPAK2OLD.jpg

3E83Mb3H55G35E35M7d1eab5d150494701628.jpg

It might look ok if everything was repainted and brought back up to a lowered height but I personally wouldn't want it on my car. Now I would love to have the kit dRock95MarkVIII has on his black 95. His doesn't just pop out at you in the front like the one on CL.

This is what it would look like in white.

attachment.jpg

Drock's 95 looks pretty good because it's black and flows all the way across the front and doesn't have ugly side skirts and has a nice rear end look to it. Too bad this body kit will likely never be found on another Mark again since the molds were sold to someone in Russia. It's nice looking and blends in well but that other kit is still around on a few Marks and really doesn't look good to me.
sta70694.jpg

sta70798.jpg

sta70468.jpg

sta70624.jpg

sta70625.jpg

sta70475.jpg

Then, the same kit on an Ivory

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

If those molds are gone to Russia, they dissappeared by the way (cause it never appeared here).

If those molds are gone to Russia, they dissappeared by the way (cause it never appeared here).

Geno can verify exactly where they got off to. I'm not sure what part of Russia but he knows where they went. I think Geno had the molds or someone close to him.

Russia does take up two continents so, they could be anywhere lol.

Micah, buy it.

I wanna drive by and rev my motor at it once its for sale :p

Not sure which kit this is but The sleepy valley kits molds dissaperared to russia and geno got ripped off.

Why you would ship anything without payment is beyond me but thats the story ive been told.

Ive got a sleepy valley 97-98 kit so we can just make molds from that :D

Those side skirts on the first car look like f*cking step sides that you would find on a conversion van..that other black 1st gen looks good..but I wouldn't put a body kit on my car, never liked them..just added on unnecessary plastic.

Members online

No members online now.
Back