97 Mark Viii LSC vs 11 Camaro SS

Likely story...now go lose my last name, you're embarrassing the family

I really don't care if you believe me or not because I know what my car can do. And I know I can hang with the SS until 70.

Yeah but how much can it tow? And why you mad bro? Does this mean your vagina hurts and we're not getting a video of your beast waxin this bitchin camaro off the line and hangin with it til 70?

As for the short runner/no IMRC Cobra plenum making more HP. It sure does! ABOVE 5000 RPM. Not 25 rwhp though, closer to 12rwhp (about 18 at the crank) and at the cost of 20-25hp in the midrange/lower end.
Will it make the car faster? Prolly on the track where you stay in the upper RPM range but it will hurt street performance.

I've heard of the short runner Cobra intake only really making a difference in supercharged and nitrous applications.

My experiences with my N/A Cobra are posted here:

http://www.lincolnsofdistinction.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=221488&postcount=143

-----I really don't care if you believe me or not because I know what my car can do.----

Please this is the internet and thats like the motto of liars anonymous ??? Sorry about your situation but why act offended because you can't deliver ???

Look at the LS guys. With a tune and CAI(which is reality is a hot air intake), they think they can take anything.

Says who?

Nobody made that claim. We all know how fast our cars are and how fast they are not. I know im not driving a cobra. But i can hang with many cars in the 300hp range.

Camaros are fast but if you dont know how to drive you can get your ass handed to you no matter how much hp you have.

And wheel hp and torque is more a factor who cares about factory crank values.

Says who?

Nobody made that claim. We all know how fast our cars are and how fast they are not. I know im not driving a cobra. But i can hang with many cars in the 300hp range.

Camaros are fast but if you dont know how to drive you can get your ass handed to you no matter how much hp you have.

And wheel hp and torque is more a factor who cares about factory crank values.

I was kidding except about the hot air intake. And pics/vids or it didn't happen.

You don't need pics or video every time you make a claim. Some people don't care if you believe them or not, nor do they have a reason to make something up to make their cars look good on the forum. It's not that serious guys. See you at track...

You don't need pics or video every time you make a claim. Some people don't care if you believe them or not, nor do they have a reason to make something up to make their cars look good on the forum. It's not that serious guys. See you at track...

Not If you can put with the repercussions. Especially if is sounds the least bit unreasonable. And it gets even worse if you defend it with out proof and then promise said proof. And as you might guess it gets even worse after that if you do not provide the proof. And then to make it as bad as you possibly can you come back with I don't care what you think. I don't have to prove anything to you. Its like a instructions in self destruction

I would say if your going to start a thread, you should have some proof. Especially if its an impossible feat.

This is why when I post a thread like led tail light or projection headlights I post pics! Otherwise everyone is going to claim BS.
Maybe it was a 6 banger camero with SS badges.. that I can believe.
My buddy has a camero with a tune, exhaust, and gears.. it is a faster car than my mark; period........ Today anyway.

He never said he beat the Camaro but hung with it up till 70mph and then the Camaro pulled away. With his mods, the various variables involved (driver, on the street with no tree etc) this is completely believable. Racing on the street doesn't prove much anyway. I was beat stop sign to stop sign by a Mustang 5.0 that ran 15.6 at 88mph at the track. The street is not a good barometer of performance, it's all about the track.

97markja I met your dad today very nice guy now we need to get together sometime so I can see your car and get a ride he said yours handles great.

97markja I met your dad today very nice guy now we need to get together sometime so I can see your car and get a ride he said yours handles great.

Thanks man, we do need to get together. I think he's on his way down to north Carolina, he has a nice 97 black lsc sitting in the garage down there.

He said its not a dd he was in his diesel with the trailer attached.
Sounds like you got a good family

My car has been on Craigslist for awhile I lost my job not long ago and need money to make more money until I get a new job. I really don't care if you believe me or not because I know what my car can do. I don't beg for attention. And I know I can hang with the SS until 70.. And the people that were with me and him seen it as well. Keep bashing

Call me curious,..... But, What is the BIG DEAL about hanging with a SS til 70? Thats just when it`s starting to get fun.

Call me curious,..... But, What is the BIG DEAL about hanging with a SS til 70? Thats just when it`s starting to get fun.

It like saying "I was having sex one time, and then she got wet and I wasn't enough man for her"

Taking a high 14/low 15 second car and modding it with simple bolt ons to make it able to hang with a low 13 second brand new LS3 Camaro up to 70mph is an impressive feat. The 1/4 mile is not the end all be all of performance testing, some people still find 0-60mph as a good performance barometer especially for the street.

His friend might have practiced and changed the results hence no video, at least no video we will see.

Taking a high 14/low 15 second car and modding it with simple bolt ons to make it able to hang with a low 13 second brand new LS3 Camaro up to 70mph is an impressive feat. The 1/4 mile is not the end all be all of performance testing, some people still find 0-60mph as a good performance barometer especially for the street.

It would be a feat for sure......if the OP had or could actually do it. Until I see some proof, it can't/didn't happen. I know you really want this to be a reality, but fact of the matter is it didn't happen. The OP thought everyone was gonna be on his nuts after he posted this.

Members online

Back