97 Mark Viii LSC vs 11 Camaro SS

images.jpg

People that dont know how to properly hold a camera phone to record a video deserve to be kicked in teh nuts.

I think you've been under the influence for a very long time dude. lol Like ever since this worthless thread was started. :rolleyes:

lol how is it worthless? im gonna get a video for everyone to see soon. would that change your mind?

lol how is it worthless? im gonna get a video for everyone to see soon. would that change your mind?

Nope. You need to run it at the track and get timeslips in hand to see how fast your car actually is. Street racing justifies nothing because there is too many variables. Laser beams don't lie.

I ran a Mustang last year. Got him out of the hole on the track and ran him pretty much door to door all the way up to the 1/8th mile at which point I was at about 75-78 mph when I was running low 14s. He pulled away after that and still beat me by a half second by the finish line. On the street, you'd run that car and say you did pretty darn good which actually isn't the case because the Mustang was still a half second faster than me.

I bet cold hard cash that if you ran the Camaro at the track, he would beat you to the finish line every time by a significant amount. And even moreso since you have a stock Gen2 intake. I know from experience those intakes make Gen2s pretty much fall flat on their face last half of the track unless you have a blower, at least if you are like me and have a goal in mind. If your goal is to go as fast as you can naturally aspirated, you'll never get there with that stock intake.

Nope. You need to run it at the track and get timeslips in hand to see how fast your car actually is. Street racing justifies nothing because there is too many variables. Laser beams don't lie.

I ran a Mustang last year. Got him out of the hole on the track and ran him pretty much door to door all the way up to the 1/8th mile at which point I was at about 75-78 mph when I was running low 14s. He pulled away after that and still beat me by a half second by the finish line. On the street, you'd run that car and say you did pretty darn good which actually isn't the case because the Mustang was still a half second faster than me.

I bet cold hard cash that if you ran the Camaro at the track, he would beat you to the finish line every time by a significant amount. And even moreso since you have a stock Gen2 intake. I know from experience those intakes make Gen2s pretty much fall flat on their face last half of the track unless you have a blower, at least if you are like me and have a goal in mind. If your goal is to go as fast as you can naturally aspirated, you'll never get there with that stock intake.

Ill be going to Ohio Valley in the spring time

Ill be going to Ohio Valley in the spring time

Good deal! If you really want to know, I'm personally far more interested in track videos of your car than I am in street videos.;) Street videos are fun, but they really do nothing for me emotionally when I want to know how fast a car is. And since you have 4.30s in a Gen2 like I do, I'm really interested in what it runs at the strip. I will patiently await for those videos.

Would a video of your car up against a Camaro be fun to watch? Certainly! But it wouldn't prove anything and knowing the biology of these cars and how they perform with given mods, a Gen2 with your mods won't beat an SS Camaro at the track. Can you do things to make that happen? Certainly. That's what I'm working on, but considering the Camaros run low low 13s and the fastest NA Mark was a low 13, you're setting some pretty lofty goals. My suggestion is go to the track, run it, accept the times, and if you want to go faster spend more money and maybe get a stall.

I told myself I was running 13s when I had the 4.10s. I went to the track, and it never happened. The car will do what the car will do with given mods.

I HIGHLY suggest the Cobra intake swap for the Gen2s. ;)

Good deal! If you really want to know, I'm personally far more interested in track videos of your car than I am in street videos.;) Street videos are fun, but they really do nothing for me emotionally when I want to know how fast a car is. And since you have 4.30s in a Gen2 like I do, I'm really interested in what it runs at the strip. I will patiently await for those videos.

Would a video of your car up against a Camaro be fun to watch? Certainly! But it wouldn't prove anything and knowing the biology of these cars and how they perform with given mods, a Gen2 with your mods won't beat an SS Camaro at the track. Can you do things to make that happen? Certainly. That's what I'm working on, but considering the Camaros run low low 13s and the fastest NA Mark was a low 13, you're setting some pretty lofty goals. My suggestion is go to the track, run it, accept the times, and if you want to go faster spend more money and maybe get a stall.

I told myself I was running 13s when I had the 4.10s. I went to the track, and it never happened. The car will do what the car will do with given mods.

I HIGHLY suggest the Cobra intake swap for the Gen2s. ;)

what will i gain from the swap? and is there a how to video anywhere on the net?

what will i gain from the swap? and is there a how to video anywhere on the net?

The Cobra intake is worth a half second on a Gen2 with full exhaust and bolt-ons. DLF has a great thread over on the LOD forum. Im on my phone, but I'll post the link when I get home unless someone beats me to it. Yes, a half second. That's no exxaggeration.

My best prior to intake swap: 14.1
DLF's best prior to intake swap: 14.0

My new best: 13.59
DLF's new best: 13.47

You do the math. ;)

awesome thanks man!

No problem. Now cut the Camaro vs Mark VIII bull$hit and find an intake. :p I found mine on ebay. I joined corral.net to obtain some of the items I needed for the swap but you might get lucky and find an intake for sale on there too. Typically, the intake will be anywhere from $350-$400. Mine was $360 with shipping.

I don't know what the emissions laws are in your state but here we have none so I deleted the EGR. You can do the same if your state allows and skip the step of the process where the EGR tube has to be fabricated a bit to work. But either way, its doable and is an easier swap on the Gen2s than it is on the Gen1s for various reasons.

Members online

No members online now.
Back