Your Biggest Bug About Your LS

I'm 5'2 and have to be up on the wheel xD
but there is a lot of room, like telco said, try it yourself, don't listen to others all the time. What one may define as small, might be okay to you.

My BIGGEST complaint is the resale value. It allows people who don't have the means to keep the car maintained to own one.

Sounds snobish, but I'm not.

...sure

432971573_snob1_xlarge.gif

The trunk. Since the bars go so deep in on both side about a 1/4 of it is useless. Is rather have struts and why doesn't it close itself.

are you asking why the trunk doesn't shut by its self?

you really wouldn't want it to, it would suck if every time you want to load it up it keep closing while you picked everything up.

are you asking why the trunk doesn't shut by its self?

you really wouldn't want it to, it would suck if every time you want to load it up it keep closing while you picked everything up.

I've had cars that the trunk opening and closing was motorized on. It was actually kind of convenient to be able to close the trunk from a button on the remote. It is kind of surprising that the LS (Lincoln's top sedan at the time) didn't have this feature.

I've had cars that the trunk opening and closing was motorized on. It was actually kind of convenient to be able to close the trunk from a button on the remote. It is kind of surprising that the LS (Lincoln's top sedan at the time) didn't have this feature.

Actually the LS is/was an entry level luxury car. The Town Car was the top of the line.

My biggest bug about the LS....people who try to screw others around when selling LS parts. You know who you are....

It is kind of surprising that the LS (Lincoln's top sedan at the time) didn't have this feature.

the old town cars used to close themselves, but a good portion of the ones i see have a problem with it (Cadillacs too). they probably figured they wanted to trim down some of the gadgets to make it more reliable of a car :shifty: :rolleyes:

more reliable of a car :shifty: :rolleyes:

Are we still talking about the LS? :)

My Grandmother had a Lincoln and it would shut on it's own once you pulled the trunk down, it would close very slowly and softly.

Also just the amount of room is lost due to the trunk arms being so deep in the trunk when closed. I've hit those things many times after getting groceries packed in there and forgetting about it.

I'm 6 foot 4 and 230lbs, and fit the LS better than the Mark 8. If you can fit OK in an 8, an LS would be luxury for you. But don't take our word for it, go try one out.

+1
I don't know who came up with 8 having more room inside than the LS. Tall person would be actually significantly more comfortable sitting in the LS. The seat in the LS goes back a lot further.
I actually used to always hit my head into the visor of the 8 if i leaned forward ...never in the LS.

People don't realize it, but the LS is a big car. It's 3" shorter than a similar year 7 series.

+1
I don't know who came up with 8 having more room inside than the LS. Tall person would be actually significantly more comfortable sitting in the LS. The seat in the LS goes back a lot further.

I can see why someone would think it. The Mark 8 LOOKS like a much larger car from the outside.

The trunk. Since the bars go so deep in on both side about a 1/4 of it is useless. Is rather have struts and why doesn't it close itself.
I also have been annoyed at the piddley trunk compared to my old Regal GS. The hinges on the Regal were so much better. Can't find a good picture but here's a set of similar hinges off of a Grand Prix. They fold up on top of the deck around the outside of the trunk kinda like a hood hinge.

$(KGrHqJ,!iYE8tplFZKTBPOsiKoLs!~~60_35.jpg

follow up and resolution

took a look at mine and the whole assembly link, bushings, verticle bolt appear to need replacing.

will take care of that (both sides) at the next oil change. about 1000 miles.

Thanks for the insight.:)

Well I finally got the car into the shop for an oil change and had them replace the LR tie-rod-ends and sway bar links (all new nuts and bolts from ebay and fordparts (i think), got a 4 wheel alignment and all wandering has stopped.

Thanks all for the help

Door latches have to be the worst little problem. Cooling & COP/VCGs biggest PITA. Timing chain & tranny solenoids big problem.

The noisy center console bothers me to no end.

Every blue moon, my driver's door will not open unless I reach into the car and open from the inside. First time it happened I instantly froze thinking my keys were locked in it while it was running(in my driveway).

Every blue moon, my driver's door will not open unless I reach into the car and open from the inside. First time it happened I instantly froze thinking my keys were locked in it while it was running(in my driveway).

There's an adjustment for that...

Members online

No members online now.
Back