Your Biggest Bug About Your LS

ST0CK.LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Lets face it, no ones car is perfect. What bothers you most about your Lincoln? Ill start it off.

Chrome Trimmings
Needs Tint BADLY! Lol

My gas pedal is wobbly, and sits lower than the brake.
Brakes need anti squeal on pads (my fault)
Passenger window regulator broken so I hear wind noise at highway speed.

This is really hard for me. I'm sitting here thinking and thinking. And I mean yes we all do aftermarket stuff to our cars but we can't expect it to come from the factory with 5% tint and big wheels and deep exhaust can we?

I guess my two biggest things are the brakes also, when that haven't seen moisture in a while they get dry I guess and squeal and it's annoying. I think all luxury brands Should have quiet brakes. It's embarrassing sometimes. But I plan to upgrade my brakes to eliminate this issue.

And my second is the climate control. I really wish that the button that you have to push to go up hotter temp or down to a cooler temp was a knob that you turn like MBenz or Chrysler for example. Can still have one on each side. But turning a knob seems so much easier then sitting there pushing for the temp to go up.

Other stuff is just lack of new technology, but when the car was new I'm sure it had all the latest. So can't expect today's tech to be available in a car from yesteryear.

Edit. Edit. :
One more thing DEPRECIATION.
I wish it held its value a little more. It's crazy that I bought an 06 in 08 with 24k 2 years of warranty and loaded for 19grand and the sticker was 49k new :(

Last edited:
The biggest complaint I have is theres no aftermarket for the ls. The little aftermarket there is for it is retardedly priced, oh well guess I'm used to my old car mits gsx.

The whole generalization of no aftermarket for the LS always throws me for a loop.

We can get wheels, suspension, and audio without blinking. LED lighting is available for those who are into it. If it is a custom color, then we can get out of pocket like anyone else and pay for it. And as far as the engine, CAI's are available. Hite337(member here) makes a Heatshield. Want a bigger throttlebody? Easy to find as 5.0 motors from that timeframe are readily abundant. Making more power is relatively easy to do because nitrous is very affordable. Feeling froggy? Add a turbo.

So, is it that there is no aftermarket or lack brand name choices all over the place with LS beside the picture so others "recognize" our cars.

I am very happy there are not crazy(ugly) universal spoilers and body kits all over cheap brand catalogs with "fits Lincoln LS" right beside "fits Cavalier / Sunfire".

I'm assuming this thread concerns design flaws and not maintenance needs. So, I'll hit both. :)

Design flaws:

Passenger compartment is too small in the driver's area. It's tolerable, but too small. I used to have a 2000 Toyota Corolla, and I feel like I had the same amount of driver's room in it. Nothing to be done about it.

Maintenance issues -

Transmission clunks into gear. Haven't decided if I'm going to do a solenoid pack or just slap another trans in there. It'll depend on the price difference between the two.

Brakes could be better. TC bump at 2MPH overriding the brakes a bit doesn't help. If I do a new trans, will do a new TC. May do a new TC anyway.

Throttle tip-in blows. I feel like I have to push the pedal halfway in before it wants to move, then it takes off faster than I want. Plan to get SCT to fix.

Rear end clunks. Will be doing bushings/control arms.

My garage is occupied by my truck at the moment but there's a good chance I'll have the truck finished tonight. As soon as the money tree grows back a bit I'll be starting on the Lincoln. No idea if I'll even be keeping the car right now so I actually won't be doing anything until I know. The wife is going in for back surgery in a couple of weeks for a disk fusion and if it goes well we can get something a bit more sporty like a C5 Corvette. If it doesn't go as well as we hope then we'll keep the Lincoln for a while longer. The wife's back is the only reason we're in our LS to begin with. I might also resume the hunt for a 1994-1997 Mercury Cougar as they ride and handle as well as the LS but the driver's area a lot larger.

Plus anytime you hit "Auto" for the climate control it turns on full blast no matter what

Mine never does.......

The tone I get in my '06 the first time I hit ~2800rpm after engine start. It seems to only affect the driver's front speaker, hmmmmmm.....

I would say the poor throttle response with the drive-by-wire setup is my number one issue. Cheap, plastic coolant components is second and third would be the trans. My trans is need of a solenoid pack right now. Also, the spongy brake pedal is annoying as well. I figure a new solenoid pack will correct the trans. issue, a SCT tuner with the Torrie tunes will help the throttle response a little and some upgraded brake lines will decrease the spongyness. The coolant parts are another story. Now, I just need the money to do all of this. lol

Transmission - a cleaner shifting and "smarter" trans would really help the car feel sportier. After I get my "E" fixed, I plan to contact Torrie...

Most have already been mentioned, between the spongy brakes and poor tranny, (and the damn arm rest latch!) I would also like to toss out there the THX CD player jamming all the time, and the relatively poor gas mileage. My Mark VIII, with its bigger engine and being a heavier car, easily crushed my LS in mileage. Mark VIII - 20/30 MPG, LS - 16/24 MPG.

The biggest complaint I have is theres no aftermarket for the ls. The little aftermarket there is for it is retardedly priced, oh well guess I'm used to my old car mits gsx.

Actually, the prices of modifications are in line for a vehicle whose sticker price approached $50K. Those who could afford the car brand new could also afford better engineered/better quality aftermarket parts. Pretty much anyone can buy an LS (resale is horrid. Some LS's are selling for under $5000 now). Problem with that is, you get owners who are in a different income bracket than Lincoln's target market. Aftermarket parts suppliers put in the necessary R&D to make essentially one-off parts, and only making small runs of such parts is not cost effective.

The LS ain't a mitsubishi/honda, and should not be compared in any way to one.

And my second is the climate control. I really wish that the button that you have to push to go up hotter temp or down to a cooler temp was a knob that you turn like MBenz or Chrysler for example. Can still have one on each side. But turning a knob seems so much easier then sitting there pushing for the temp to go up. :(
Huh? If that's your best argument, you need to get a life.

Edit. Edit. :One more thing DEPRECIATION.
I wish it held its value a little more. It's crazy that I bought an 06 in 08 with 24k 2 years of warranty and loaded for 19grand and the sticker was 49k new :(
I bought my car new exactly 7 years ago. It listed for $44,539, with the Employee pricing promotion (God I loved that.) I paid $38,000 tax, tag and title out the door and the dealer gave 0% interest for 5 years to boot!
I recently have been looking at the Cadillac CTS Sport sedan and Mercedes C350 sport. Both list for about $44k now.

You guys that complain about transmission shifts, throttle response and soft brakes must drive a different car than me. Either that or you need to spend some time and MONEY on maintenance.

Yeah, tip in throttle and oddball tranny programming. The car feels pretty quick to 50 but then you realize it was all transmission and low end torque. Tranny never seems to want to downshift without too much throttle (60%), it's just not smooth or very intuitive.

You guys that complain about transmission shifts, throttle response and soft brakes must drive a different car than me. Either that or you need to spend some time and MONEY on maintenance.

Pardon me, but might I borrow a cup of time, I seem to be fresh out at the moment which is why I've not been able to deal with my trans, throttle and brake issues. :D

I maintain my car exceptionally well. And unless someone can trump me, I have the lowest mileage on here of any LS. Try a better point because it damn sure is not about the money with some of us.

or you have never driven a car with exceptional brakes and transmission :shifty:

I maintain my car exceptionally well. And unless someone can trump me, I have the lowest mileage on here of any LS. Try a better point because it damn sure is not about the money with some of us.

Your mileage is........

Members online

No members online now.
Back