Your Biggest Bug About Your LS

That is very good to know. Do you mind sending me a pm with the instructions?

Thanks Joe.

gee i was thinking of selling my mark 8 and getting an LS (since its a 4 door and all) but after reading this thread I don't think so... i'm 6'2 and headroom is always an issue. if the drivers area is cramped, that's a deal breaker.

the other deal breaker is drive by wire throttle. which seems to be the norm now days :(

I'm only 5'7" and like 160 pounds, but in my opinion the LS has a TON of room. It lacks space in the back seat but if you simply look at an LS from the side, you can see how significantly large the front space is by the length of the door as compared to the rear door. Room wise, I'v only driven one car that is more comfortable than the LS and that's the 2010 S550. Other than that, the LS is by far more comfortable than any other car I'v ever driven.

I'm only 5'7" and like 160 pounds, but in my opinion the LS has a TON of room. It lacks space in the back seat but if you simply look at an LS from the side, you can see how significantly large the front space is by the length of the door as compared to the rear door. Room wise, I'v only driven one car that is more comfortable than the LS and that's the 2010 S550. Other than that, the LS is by far more comfortable than any other car I'v ever driven.

Sit in the back. I was absolutely amazed how comfortable the rear seat was.

Sit in the back. I was absolutely amazed how comfortable the rear seat was.

I'v sat back there quite a few times, I have a TV in my back seat and I feel like I'm being chauffeured, lol. It's incredibly comfortable as long as someone who is tall isn't sitting in front of you. Whenever I'v sat in the back, it was behind the passenger with the seat slid up about as far as it's able to go. Just generally speaking, there isn't a ton of leg room in the LS.

You need to sit in a 745 LI then. BTW, I saw a BEAUTIFUL Alpina B7 in Gold with Gold wheels and Chrome double dual exhaust tips. Ohhh! I almost had an orgasm....ooops! Wrong forum. Sorry!

You need to sit in a 745 LI then. BTW, I saw a BEAUTIFUL Alpina B7 in Gold with Gold wheels and Chrome double dual exhaust tips. Ohhh! I almost had an orgasm....ooops! Wrong forum. Sorry!

Sounds totally pimped out to me! Did you see it in the "Red Light District"?

B7's are something you see frequently in these parts of Florida, lol. Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Etc. are all common things on the road. With that said, I don't think I've ever seen a Gold on Gold B7, most of them are blue, so that sounds pretty amazing! I've never driven or rode in a 7-Series but I do love them tremendously. But after driving the S-Class and being driven in the S-Class, I'm 100% sold over the BMW. It's the perfect combination between comfort, power, and space.

To get back on topic, the biggest and about only thing that bugs me about my LS is that the engine speed is high when cruising at highway speed. This seems to be specific to the manual as my wife's auto does not have as high an engine speed. I might add the manual does not have an overdrive gear, fifth gear is 1:1.

B7's are something you see frequently in these parts of Florida, lol. Bentley, Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, Etc. are all common things on the road. With that said, I don't think I've ever seen a Gold on Gold B7, most of them are blue, so that sounds pretty amazing! I've never driven or rode in a 7-Series but I do love them tremendously. But after driving the S-Class and being driven in the S-Class, I'm 100% sold over the BMW. It's the perfect combination between comfort, power, and space.

I saw it today on I-595. The Alpina and the B7 were gold plated too. It wasn't a ghetto dope dealer car either. The guy kinda looked like Leslie Neilsen.

He was headed toward Miami.

I'm closer to rhauf's size, being 6 foot 4. No, there's not that much room in the driver's seat. If you're over 6 foot it starts becoming a bit cramped up front. If the LS came with a bench seat it wouldn't be such an issue, but the center console limits legroom. I find it livable but halfway comfortable. It becomes livable but uncomfortable when I have to pull the seat up for a rear passenger. To put it in perspective, when I have the seat where I want it the C pillar next to my ear. I have to lean forward a bit to look to the side or reach out the window. This is also what was attracting me to the Charger, although driving an Avenger for a week really put me off Dodge products. REALLY hoping Ford or Chevy comes out with a large rear wheel drive sedan now.

My biggest bug I have is my cener AC vents try to fly out when I slow down lol not Lincoln's fault though. I broke the latches while attempting to change the command cener buttons

I'm closer to rhauf's size, being 6 foot 4. No, there's not that much room in the driver's seat. If you're over 6 foot it starts becoming a bit cramped up front. If the LS came with a bench seat it wouldn't be such an issue, but the center console limits legroom. I find it livable but halfway comfortable. It becomes livable but uncomfortable when I have to pull the seat up for a rear passenger. To put it in perspective, when I have the seat where I want it the C pillar next to my ear. I have to lean forward a bit to look to the side or reach out the window. This is also what was attracting me to the Charger, although driving an Avenger for a week really put me off Dodge products. REALLY hoping Ford or Chevy comes out with a large rear wheel drive sedan now.

The avenger is NOTHING like a charger. The old chargers were already pretty nice, the new ones are even better. Check out the new 300 limited.

You cant base all vehicles off one vehicle. The LS is nothing like a Fiesta.

I'm 6'3" and if the seat isn't all the way back, my knees hit the door panel and center stack. With an adult in the back seat, I usually have to put the seat far enough forward that I crack my knees on the steering column getting in the car.

But I've had the car for 10 years, so it's obviously not a big deal.

I have owned 2 now. A 2001, and now an 06. the 2001 had 178K when I sold it and ran pretty damn good all things considered. I would say the one thing that really gets me and it is an issue with both cars, is interior rattle. The door panels seem to make the most noise, and now the ok the headrests don't fit as tight or something is broke internally because they make noise along with the interior of the pillar where the seat belts are. now I know you will get some noise out of just about any car, but I figured being the level of car it is supposed to be it should be a little quitter. Oh and the trans could be smoother and more fluid.

I'm 6'5" and I don't think the leg room is all that bad but I have gotten used to the fact no car is designed with someone my height and or taller in mind.

I have owned 2 now. A 2001, and now an 06. the 2001 had 178K when I sold it and ran pretty damn good all things considered. I would say the one thing that really gets me and it is an issue with both cars, is interior rattle. The door panels seem to make the most noise, and now the ok the headrests don't fit as tight or something is broke internally because they make noise along with the interior of the pillar where the seat belts are. now I know you will get some noise out of just about any car, but I figured being the level of car it is supposed to be it should be a little quitter. Oh and the trans could be smoother and more fluid.

I'm 6'5" and I don't think the leg room is all that bad but I have gotten used to the fact no car is designed with someone my height and or taller in mind.

S-Class, 7-Series, A8, LS460... There's spacious cars out there..

Oh I am sure there are more spacious than the LS, but still not truly designed with people of my height in mind, not to mention the cars you mention are pretty pricey so I hope they have plenty of leg room:D

The avenger is NOTHING like a charger. The old chargers were already pretty nice, the new ones are even better. Check out the new 300 limited.

You cant base all vehicles off one vehicle. The LS is nothing like a Fiesta.

True. Still, the Charger is lower down the list now, and before I consider buying one I'll have to rent one for a week.

Haha where's that thread where someone posted a pic of their LS and the driver's headrest was like center rear window... LOL

But no really, I would rather have a foot less of trunk space if they coulda scooted the rear seat bottoms back...

The LS should have been as long as the XJ...then it could have more leg room and more trunk space.

Except the benchmark in 1998ish was the 5-series. The LS chassis is ~14 years old.

Yeah and its amazing that it is still used today somewhat in the XF. I dont care about the backseats, i don't sit people in there. Its mostly me and sometimes a passenger. And some 19" wheels back there today.

Yeah and its amazing that it is still used today somewhat in the XF. I dont care about the backseats, i don't sit people in there. Its mostly me and sometimes a passenger. And some 19" wheels back there today.

Sooooo....any pics?

Members online

No members online now.
Back