Your "affordable" dream vehicle?

LINCBRA

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
What would it be? Why?

The reason I say "affordable" is because most people would chose an exotic car.

Mine would be a 2003 Mustang SVT Cobra Terminator Coupe (of course, :lol:).
Picture of the color. I'm pretty sure everyone in this forum knows what an '03 Cobra looks like.
5459060784_d4d09ee4c1.jpg

More pics...
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...328-2003-sonic-blue-cobra-coupe-15-000-a.html

Why? Because ever since I have learned about this car I have always had the crave for it.

The car I always wanted to restore is a 1972 Gran Torino Sport. Why? Because it is a BAD ASS car!

It would be restored like this, color and all.
gt-movie-review-2.jpg

Of course I would also have a Mark 8. :lol:

Been there,done that (03 cobra);) I should have never gotten rid of it. My jeep gcsrt8 puts a grin on my face though:D I guess I would have to say another cobra (with twin turbo's) would be nice or a single turbo heavily modded supra would be nice.

DeTomaso Pantera
It's an Italian, super car for it's day, with a Mustang V-8, a GT-40 trans axle. So with those American parts it keeps the maintenance prices down. I check them out on ebay every once and a while and the most I've seen them go for is about $70,000 and that's for a fully restored twin turbo, with a custom interior. Usually it seems they go for $20-40k for a really nice restored car.

pantera.jpg

http://www.factoryfive.com/hotrodhome.html

This... affordable, able to run the mark viii/cobra power plant and looks bad ass... my dream set up would be a 03/04 cobra drivetrain in that thing. watch the videos and check out the pictures. Fenderless is the only way to go though.

I've thought of this project also John ... you don't know how close I've been to trying it out..

Take a Mark VIII engine (which I have) a ford tranny (which I can get) ...

My cousin did a fab five cobra....with a pushrod motor.
:slam
I just love those 3 windows.
I will swap a 4.6 test skid into a 60s car, just not sure which one.

I've got quite a few. I actually own one of them already, haha. It's just not in the best condition. 1972 Datsun 240Z:

6576_1191738721120_1457958012_30538147_5645694_n.jpg

I've got big plans for it... someday. My original plan was actually to swap a 4.6 in... but I got so used to working on the straight 6 I don't want to let it go. There's something magical about you entire vehicle's wiring diagram fitting on one page. I have an L28 engine out of a 280ZX that will eventually get built up and dropped in with a set of Weber DCOEs. I'll hang on to the original though since it still runs and it's a numbers-matching car right now. Just way too much going on in my life to try tackling such a huge project.

And of course, my other "I'm going to own this someday" is an FD3S RX-7 in CYM. I always have been and always will be a fan of the rotary engine (and have the tattoo to prove it :D).

CYM-041306-800-04.jpg

Well if it must be affordable, I've got it ! (well ill have it back next Friday:D) My 06 LS. I'd take another brand new LS with NO miles if it were available.

I'd say a early 90's fox body hatch with a 5 speed. They may be played out, but I think it would be a fun restoration project.

66-69 GTO. You cant beat the original muscle car. 66-67 were the same body style and 68-69 were the same and both are beautiful. Cant decide which one i like the most.

67gto4.jpg

1968-pontiac-gto.jpg

hmmm...

opal 1st gen mark.
terminator engine.
built 4r70w.
(similiar to the supermark.)
blowermotor1.jpg

18" saleen wheels.
cobra brakes.
kickin' stereo.
refrigerated center console to keep my sodas chilled.

or a black '69 Boss 429. i've always wanted one. they look sinister.

1969_ford_mustang_boss_429-pic-48489.jpg

or both! :)

DeTomaso Pantera
It's an Italian, super car for it's day, with a Mustang V-8, a GT-40 trans axle. So with those American parts it keeps the maintenance prices down. I check them out on ebay every once and a while and the most I've seen them go for is about $70,000 and that's for a fully restored twin turbo, with a custom interior. Usually it seems they go for $20-40k for a really nice restored car.

it's tires are PRICEY though....

As far as affordable car you can BUY without searching high/low for parts would be a 2011 Mustang GT Premium or a 2010 VW GTI or R32

hmmm...

opal 1st gen mark.
terminator engine.
built 4r70w.
(similiar to the supermark.)
blowermotor1.jpg

18" saleen wheels.
cobra brakes.
kickin' stereo.
refrigerated center console to keep my sodas chilled.

or a black '69 Boss 429. i've always wanted one. they look sinister.

1969_ford_mustang_boss_429-pic-48489.jpg

or both! :)

I thought he said affordable, Boss 429 will fetch $100,000 +

I've thought of this project also John ... you don't know how close I've been to trying it out..

Take a Mark VIII engine (which I have) a ford tranny (which I can get) ...

this is why I initially bought my Mark VIII... has the independent rear suspension and the 32V V-8. I figured get a built T-56 or some other 6spd tranny but if i can get a wrecked terminator id go that route too...

Whos to say what affordable is? Frogs Merc is affordable to him but WAY not affordable to me. :lol:

As for my current non-exotic dream car:

2011-Shelby-GT350-Front-Angle.jpg

2011-Shelby-GT350-SportS-Car-3.png

Whos to say what affordable is? Frogs Merc is affordable to him but WAY not affordable to me. :lol:

good point. and i wouldn't call it an "exotic."
i also wouldn't buy one for that much. leave those to collectors. i want one in so-so shape that runs good cuz i'm gonna drive the heck out of it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back