you know how every one is complaining about how there isn't a new RWD lincoln...

bmxbang

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Report: Lincoln looking to use next Mustang’s platform for new RWD sedan

lincolnmkzsedanrear.jpg

Gallery - 18 images

• 2013lincolnmkz-12-62x36.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-13-62x36.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-14-62x32.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-15-62x35.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-16-62x35.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-08-47x39.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-09-47x39.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-10-53x39.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-11-49x39.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-17-58x39.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-18-49x39.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-05-62x36.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-06-62x39.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-07-62x37.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-04-59x39.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-02-62x34.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-03-62x35.jpg
  • 2013lincolnmkz-01-62x39.jpg

The 2015 Ford Mustang is well under development and rumor has it that it will be inspired by the Evos Concept. However, FoMoCo is working on a new rear-wheel-drive platform for the new Mustang with a MacPherson front and an independent rear suspension.
A news report by CARandDRIVER suggests that the team at Lincoln is eyeing the new Mustang platform for a new RWD sedan that will also be offered with an optional all-wheel-drive system.
No word on whether the model will take the name of an existing model or if it will be an all new model altogether. All I know is, I can see Lincoln offering a sport sedan that would compete with the likes of the Lexus IS, Audi A4, Cadillac ATS and BMW 3-Series.

It may not be the lincoln posted in the pictures for all you people that don't read and only look at pictures...
This isn't the first time I have read something about this so it does give me some hope lincoln Is at lest giving serious thought into going back into the right direction.

As long as they get someone else to design the car than they have for all their new stuff, I am listening.

A 4 door, AWD Mustang with the Lincoln badge would be awesome. As long as it isn't designed by their current designer.

I'm all for a new RWD or AWD performance Lincoln but I dont really care for that body style. It looks like a Tiburon side view with a Volvo rear end. And that grille.....

If its going to be a luxury performance sedan then it should be a little more aggressive looking, IMO

I for one like it. The fact that they at least have the idea means that they are making progress. I think they now realize that in order to survive they have to be competitive not just sell the same old towncar. And on that matter the market is getting smaller and smaller. The avg age for a town car owner keeps going up due to the marketing to the same people.

In order to compete with BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Jaguar, Infinity and other luxury cars you have to design something better not a re-badged focus or edge. That will only get you so far.

And keep in mind that the 2015 model year is still a few years off. That gives some time for improvements and more R&D.

That being said I'm EXCITED :D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm excited too but I just wish it truly was Lincoln VS Cadillac, not Lincoln VS Imports or Buicks. If Lincoln could come up with something to compete with the CTS....That would be very nice!

I'm excited too but I just wish it truly was Lincoln VS Cadillac, not Lincoln VS Imports or Buicks. If Lincoln could come up with something to compete with the CTS....That would be very nice!

Kinda what I meant by other luxury brands. If Lincoln made a V8 manual RWD/AWD to compete with the CTS or CTS-V I think I would need a new set of pants.:shifty:

As long as they get someone else to design the car than they have for all their new stuff, I am listening.

lol... exactly; listening, but waiting to be thoroughly disappointed by the abortion of a front grill.

Sorry but Lincoln needs a lot if help. I think the LS is still the best attempt at a performance sedan.

Someone wake me up in 3 years when they make one. Until then I'll file this under non-news.

Hmm. Yes if they can get a different designer in there to design this sports sedan I can see my self doing whatever it takes to buy one in 2016 or 2017 when it's finally released. :)

Keep in mind that is a a picture of the new MKZ, not the possible 2015 "LS" (if they called it the new LS I would probably shed a tear haha)

Excellent. I won't buy any more front wheel drives, I'm so sick of them I can't stand it. Heavy steering, drive like crap, counterintuitive handling on ice, just hate them. This is why the LS was on my list. If Lincoln makes a new rear wheel drive V8 it'll be on my list. Were I buying a new car today it would be a Dodge Charger, which goes to show how far I'm now willing to go to avoid front wheel drive.

Excellent. I won't buy any more front wheel drives, I'm so sick of them I can't stand it. Heavy steering, drive like crap, counterintuitive handling on ice, just hate them. This is why the LS was on my list. If Lincoln makes a new rear wheel drive V8 it'll be on my list. Were I buying a new car today it would be a Dodge Charger, which goes to show how far I'm now willing to go to avoid front wheel drive.

100% agree on philosophy, 0% agree with car choice ;)

What's wrong with Chargers? I think the facelift looks great, plus the V6 makes more power than the LS, with great fuel economy thanks to the 8-speed slushbox.

What's wrong with Chargers? I think the facelift looks great, plus the V6 makes more power than the LS, with great fuel economy thanks to the 8-speed slushbox.

I agree with all that, and is why the Charger is on the list. But no matter how nice it is, it's still a stinkin' Dodge. And that's what's wrong with it. :p

My dad just bought a 2013 charger RT max a couple of months ago for his wife, so far not too impressed, looks good, interior is nice, and it goes all down hill from there. decent amount of power but doesn't ever really feel "fast", so heavy it has way too much body roll, and braking feels terrible and doesn't ever feel like it is going to stop. the whole 8-9" touch screen looks nice, but is kinda glitchy and you have to use it for a lot of the climate stuff (so it can never be replaced if wanted) the Beats sound package sound terrible, even my dad said my my grandma's 02 continental with alpine sounds better, and the one thing i really expected from Beats was a ton of bass like there headphones, but nope, even with the 12" sub in the weird pod in the trunk it is still weak sauce, no manual option (even if you dont want one it should still be an option) so it really shouldn't be called a sports car. oh yeah, did I mention that the chrome 20" are some kind of weird permanently mounted F#%$ING HUB CAP!!!! (the dealer called this a feature, because it makes than less likely to get stolen, i sh!t you not, those were the exact words)

my dads wife even admitted after they bough it and they stopped to look at the new mustang, that she thought the pony was a better car, but since she retired from Chrysler, that she wont even consider buying anything else!

maybe the SRT fixes a few of these, but after actually spending some wheel time in one of these, I respectfully say NO THANKS!

oh yeah, and they just got their second recall letter.

as long as you dont compare it to a Ford or Chevy, it really is a nice car! :shifty:

or anything out of Germany (which is weird because that's where most of it was designed).

Members online

No members online now.
Back