Yet Another Mustang (help LaserSVT)

guinnessman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Lol so i'm looking for a foxbody, and i came accross this.

http://longisland.craigslist.org/cto/1554155972.html

I emailed seller and he said that it has Head work on stock heads, E303 Cam, CAI, Tremec Trans w/Short Throw and 3.23 Gears. It doesn't have the cats and he said it's a full 2 1/2 full exhaust. It is still registered as a 4 cylinder he said also??? Other things like hd radio/ipod hookup and four new tires along with new MSD tune up. I'm off the weekend and i got cash waiting to be spent lol.:cool:

What you think?

seems like a pretty good price for a fox as long as it is in decent shape. I have been looking for one for awhile and can't seem to find a decent one around here for under 5k or so.

Was the 7.5 glass rear changed to an 8.8? Was the cluster changed? Basically it has worked e7te heads and a mild old school e cam. 4 cyl cars also have different spring rates than 5.0 cars. I would not take a 4 cylinder conversion unless it was a full race car because conversions have very little resale value.

Looks clean under the hood... if its titled as a 4cyl car, it must have been swapped to a 5.0L, hopefully they did it right and didnt cut corners or leave out 5.0L car specific parts. Other than that it looks nice for 2800. I'd buy it. Just look it over really good. Like underneath and whatnot. Check the front floor boards where they meet the firewall, also check the frame rails.

Could potentially be worth it. Make sure it has an 8.8 rear. Be through when checking it out. Conversions don't seem to have a middle ground. They were either done correct, or completely half assed. Potential to find a lot of headaches is pretty good.

Betting he has Thumper heads, he is a guy that does some good porting on stock heads. Not something special, but a great improvement over stock. Has a world class tranny...who cares if it is a stock T-5 (IE not built), then count on loosing synchros at some point. These things die, even behind stock engines. If it is clean, and not half assed, $3k is a decent deal.

Edit: check out the underside very through. Especially around the rear subframe. These things tear up the underbody unless it has subframe connectors.

I just want a second car to have fun in, i'm not getting rid of my 96 LSC, even though i'm pissed off this morning someone must have side swiped my front area near the headlight and crushed the headlight.

Everyone pretty much said what I would say.
4cyl springs are not bad, they are just soft and allot of 5.0 budget 1/4 mile builds have the 4 cyl springs in them.
The 8.8 is a big deal. Unless you have one (or a spare IRS) then pass on the car as the 7.5 sucks ass. I thought the 8.8 was 3.27 gears so theres a good chance it still has the weak axle.
Also make sure the trans is not the four banger version eaither.
Dash gauge clusters are cheap so thats a non-issue.

If the swap was done right then the car is worth every penny of $2800 as long as it doesnt have rust in the usual Fox body areas.

i would ask about receipts to prove all the work he said it has done to it. i was looking at some mustangs before i bought my mark viii and everytime i went and looked at one they said it had certain internal work done but no paper work to prove it. so you will never actually know unless you take the motor apart.

I would pass on it,,get a original 5.0 car worth more when you sell it,,lots of guys don't want a 4 banger car unless theres a :q:q:q:q load of money in it

I would pass. If you dont have the skills and parts a new (used) 8.8 will cost you over a grand installed. Now if you can find a good deal on a Cobra IRS then you may have something but make sure the rest of the conversion was done right.

Finding the bracket that pop rivits to the floor for the brake line on an 8.8 is a bitch to find. Luckily Ive come across 3 of them on cars that were being junked. It sure can make it hell to swap an 8.8 into a car and have nothing to mount the hose too!

Members online

No members online now.
Back