Yea I know - but it's finally time to buy some rims

myfirstlincoln

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I got some money to spend on some rims - I'm not looking to spend too much because I do plan to take some classes this summer to get my master's degree, but the stock chrome wheels I have are peeling and just aren't in good shape anymore - plus I think the one is bent. I like a simple, clean look and I'm looking for something I can throw on without putting spacers and dealing with all kinds of nonsense - I know my options are limited.

My car is the tundra green and it's tinted so I think some darker/black wheels would look nice although I'm open to suggestions. I've been online looking for several hours now and found the following:

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Option 4

Option 5 - Although I don't love the red

Oh, btw, I'm looking for 18's-19's at the most - def no 20's.

ext1.jpg

Option 1 definitely.

A black wheel with a black lip just disappears into the black of the tire and wheel well and looks terrible, like why did the person even bother?

Im contemplating the same move someone offered me 800 for my factory rims same as yours but can't find anything I like

I don't like any of those, but then again I'm biased as I hate most "cool" looking rims on luxury sedans.

Like others said though, #1. Andy has those as well.

Mmm options 1 and 2 will serve you the best.

bahahahaha you picked the Rockstar wheel? I have never seen them on a car, maybe a lifted truck or Jeep, but on a Luxury sport Sedan?

Yea I know the rockstar one is gay, but it's simple and black...kinda what I'm looking for. I was leaning toward #1 before the votes too...

Option 1, option 4 as a second choice.

#1, i almost bought #4 before i got my rims and i didnt really like all black wheels

I been thinking about getting option 1 for the past two month. Being that Andrizzle has them, I'm unsure if I want to get them

hey andrizzle...what size rims do you got?

I emailed tirerack today and they told me option 1 (asa jh9) has been discontinued and they don't have a set of 4 19" rims left...

Yea I got the 19s. From tirerack too. This was in January.

Looks like their site says fewer than Two of the 19s left.

Thanks and yea I saw that on the site too. Based on the email I got it sounds like they don't have any and will not get any since they've been discontinued.

I'll keep searching to see if any places have em - fingers crossed.

That's too bad they're discontinued. In my opinion they are one of he few tasteful wheels that fit the LS properly. Shame

Before I give you my choice, I have to say that is the most beautiful color on your LS.!!

If you go my Photo gallery you can the Hypersilver color wheels.

Option 1

That's too bad they're discontinued. In my opinion they are one of he few tasteful wheels that fit the LS properly. Shame

Well looks like your ls became just a bit more valuable wearing those now discontinued wheels. Thety look great on your lowered ls. I saw those on a challenger the other day and it looks a lot better on the ls than that challenger. Would've been a good choice.

I bet you could still find a set somewhere. Someone has to have a set left. Maybe even ebay has a set lurking around.

If you can find 4 of the 19 ASA JH9's get them. I think those look really good on darker cars like yours. I've done a quick MSPaint chop with them on my silver LS and they look like crap to me.

Edit Even if you have to buy the wheels from a few different places it should be worth it since the price will be cut due to liquidating inventory.

Actually there is a silver gen2 LS on this forum (or used to be) that had these wheels and I think it looked sick. Had Mclaren grill also.

Members online

No members online now.
Back