Xcalibrator 2

jwdomino said:
Has the new programmer been able to cure the shift delays and mis shifts the tsb was supposed to fix?

Can't speak to the 2002, but it has improved the shifts on my 2004. The delay in SST mode is much less now and a little firmer. I want to live with it for a while before asking Torrie to firm up the SST any more than it is now. I am currently waiting for modified tunes 2 & 3. If they are as good adjusted my Tune 1, I will be very happy with the whole SCT Chip experience. Not withstanding their delayed delivery of some of the advertized features.

GWL said:
Can't speak to the 2002, but it has improved the shifts on my 2004. The delay in SST mode is much less now and a little firmer. I want to live with it for a while before asking Torrie to firm up the SST any more than it is now. I am currently waiting for modified tunes 2 & 3. If they are as good adjusted my Tune 1, I will be very happy with the whole SCT Chip experience. Not withstanding their delayed delivery of some of the advertized features.
George,

Have you had any pinging or knocking?

GrayGhost1 said:
George,

Not yet. I am not using tunes 2 & 3 because the 2-3 shifts needed to be adjusted and Torrie has only finished Tune 1. But when I tried all three tunes, I was not able to detect and pinging. However, my high frequency hearing is bad enough that I want to test Tune 3 when my son is home and can listen while I test. That said, even with my hearing aids on high, I did not detect any pinging.:biggrin:

Update

GrayGhost1 said:
George,

Update on my Xcalibrator 2: Just loaded the curves for programs 2 & 3. Both run good and since I am able to run 3 without protest, that is where I am going to leave it until gas goes bad or some other factor leads me to 1 or 2. I do not have a dyno to test on, but my LSE has always pulled better than the other LS's in my area. It is now much much stronger. It is possible to feel the difference right from idle to 6800 RPM. It actually seems to pull stronger off idle than I expected, so perhaps I am just easily impressed. However, I have run strong cars for 47 years and would like to think that I would be able to tell the difference a modification makes without a Dyno to back it up. I have had stronger cars but none that combined all the pluses of my LSE in one package. I am a happy camper right now. Thanks to Torrie McPhail and his research, this has been a pleasant experience.
:Beer

After running the SCT Xcal2 on flash #2 for a couple days it has been perfect. The power difference is noticable. I tried it on the 3rd flash today it it pinged very badly under any load. Im sure with it being close to 100 degrees here in Chicago it doesnt help. My questions to you guys with the Xcal are: Where can I get the xtr file to modify with the SCT QuickTune program, can these be extracted from the flasher? Also I plugged my Xcal to my PC with the USB cable and it needs some driver to recognize it, where do I get that from? Thanks

raylisiak said:
After running the SCT Xcal2 on flash #2 for a couple days it has been perfect. The power difference is noticable. I tried it on the 3rd flash today it it pinged very badly under any load. Im sure with it being close to 100 degrees here in Chicago it doesnt help. My questions to you guys with the Xcal are: Where can I get the xtr file to modify with the SCT QuickTune program, can these be extracted from the flasher? Also I plugged my Xcal to my PC with the USB cable and it needs some driver to recognize it, where do I get that from? Thanks

You must get the xtr files from your Dealer. Usually when you plug the Xcal2 into your computer, Windows (XP) will try to download the right drivers during the instalation. If that does not work, drivers are available at www.sctflash.com.

lexdiamondz10304 said:
uhh, might be a stupid question but what is "ping"?

Detonation, pre-ignition. Its when the explosion in the chamber happens as the piston is still on its way up. This is what puts holes in pistons.

Thanks Quik and GWL!! This is a new toy for me, so Im just learning about it. Tune # 2 works pretty nice, now we need the SST to start off in 1st and we'll be in business.

Members online

No members online now.
Back