x-pipe or h-pipe ?

95mark8newyork

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
next spring im going to get my 3rd cat removed. im getting the true dual exhaust kit from mandrelexhaustsystems.com -- now what will sound better an x-pipe or h-pipe? i want an aggressive sound on idle and at WOT. not too loud at idle but loud enough where it sounds bad ass. im going to stick with flowmaster 40s, if anyone has any recommendations on what x-pipe i should get or what mufflers would sound better i'd appreciate it.

you dont need the whole "system" just get the x pipe the exhaust shop will run the rest. flowmaster 40's are very loud at any touch of the pedal.i like the look of the polished mufflers it just looks classy and soundsgreat. lincolnmotorsport.com xpansion II.
2011-09-24164802-1.jpg

2011-10-24130656.jpg

2011-10-24130602.jpg

and sound. it helps if you have a computer with sound system to hear this better.click on pic.
th_video-2011-10-25-15-05-45.jpg

that sounds good. hey 8newyork, who did you find to do your exhaust??? im having mine done in a few months, more then likely im going to go to mufflex exhausts in trenton, nj.

a guy on here said he'd hmu with a guy when im ready. ill get the 2.5'' 304 stainless steel x-pipe kit from mandrelexhaustsystems, with standard X, not magnaflow resonated X section. im gonna get the 2.5 true exhaust kit from them too because the exhaust place is gonna bust my balls for labor price to bend exhaust and make it fit. atleast this its not gonna be hard for them. so 2.5'' 304 stainless steel exhaust kit and x-pipe kit from mandrel exhaust systems, i have a good sound system for my pc, that sounds good but i don't like the look of the double tip mufflers to be honest, looks like it don't belong but everyone likes what they like. i like the sound of the flow 40s on here now but i dont have a true dual or an x-pipe, both will make it scream! i can't wait

i just called up LMS, im not sure if i spoke to Geno or not. im gonna save up and bring the mark to LMS in febuary or march, have the full system installed, twin x pipes, xpansion mufflers, and the 2.5'' piping, i think it sounds bad ass, im not crazy about the dual tips but it might look good on a gen 1 mark 8.

lol. you know what though, nobody by me will do it, they will do it, they do good work and the system sounds sick.

Members online

No members online now.
Back