Would you buy another Mark viii?

Lownslowlsc

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I sit here bored at work thinking about what I 'd do if my beloved car were to get into an accident, blows a motor/trans/rear or just passes of old age. As much as I'd like something newer I just can't ignore the fact that I've became extremely familiar with them (Going on 8 years). And the fact that I have a TON of spare parts currently and would have more once i'd part my current one whenever that happens. Free parts for life kinda thing.

Or just sell everything off and start fresh..

I know some of you already have and will continue to do so, but for those that are on their first Mark viii...Would you buy another if/when your current one bites the dust?

Of course I would, but I continue to buy them all the time. I plan on driving one for many years to come, but I'm too poor to buy a new car, and most are complete crap these days.

I've had mine for about 9 years now, I also had another running mark viii and two parts cars. I sold all of the others and I'm back down to my first one. It's not my daily driver anymore, though some weeks I'll put it back to work just because I like it so much. If anything ever happens to it I'll definitely buy another.

yup!

I would prefer a 96/97 Cougar with a DOHC 4.6 (just to get away from the Mark VIII problems like door handles, seats, door switches, low numbers in junk yards for parts, etc) but would replace or add with another Mark VIII.

i am no longer on my first mark, but when i was, i bought another one from chargerxr.

We have, got four em outside right now. They are good cars that last once you get past their weak points. They have solid engines and Transmissions. If you can deal with the suspension on these cars, you are good to go.

Used cars in the end will always save you money in the long run, and having a parts car to go along with it makes it even sweeter. BUT if you are itching for a different car and the Mark VIII isn't meeting your needs, change up cause this is the time.

4 Mark VIII is a bit much, not talking about cost but I would like to have variety now. If one of my Mark VIIIs gives up, I would want something else. Not having ANY Mark VIII is not going to happen. I will always have at least one to satisfy my need to drive one.

If my wife would let me, absolutely. I'm technically on my fourth one (not counting my parts cars) and there're more out there that I want. But logic is taking over right now and I'm getting a truck next to support my obsessions.

I have had three including the one that has become a yard ornament. This one is probably my last as I have moved on.

Absolutely. In fact, this spring coming I will be actively sourcing a second one, a '96 base/LSC to be as close a match to the bird I own already. If not a nice driver, then at the very least a solid parts car. But I would like a driving pair. As it is, I can't foresee the day that my current Mark bites the dust, barring any horrible accidents. It only does about 3k miles a year, sits stationary for six of those 12 months in storage, and is extremely well maintained. But even if it decided to throw a tranny, I would fix it. Swap an engine if I needed to, suspension parts I've already done, so they're good for a while, anyway. But giving up on a straight, rust free Mark living in the salt belt, I would need to have my head examined. Never.

I offered my wife a new MKZ to replace her 95 that we've had for 14 years. Her answer; NO I want my car. Had to get her something to drive while I re-did her car, and I thought, why not another MK VIII, it's been a great car. I now have 5 of them, and I think 2 to many. And I love them all.

all 5 on st 3 CE&97.jpgHEY RUSH, LOOK a driving pair, your wish can come through

all 5 on st 3 CE&97.jpg

This is my first Mark ... I've had it a little over a year and a half and I already want another one ! Nicest car I have ever driven .. and my first was a new 69 Mustang .. so I've had a few. There is a white 1st gen in my town that's slammed with bad air bags that I'm going to ask about .. if not to fix then to use as a parts car.

I don't know if I would (should of bought the silver one Jamie wife drove) I would much rather give mine to the Count on Count's custom cars show, and get a rebuild, little rise in the hood, maybe some shadow flames, off the frame restoration. :)

I love these cars. I just hate the suspension. Such a pain in the ass.

Mine has 14K miles and I'm accumulating spare parts as well as knowledge as to how to fix things. This particular car was something I have long coveted and eventually inherited. I'll keep mine for a long while, but if something happens to it, I might try some other toy. I'm a fan of the early to mid 2000 Jaguar XKRs as well as the new Mustangs and Challengers.

Id like to tell myself id buy another mark viii, but I really don't know. depends on what happed to the car in the first place I guess.

I'm still on my first one. Had it for 16 years this year. I dought I'll ever own another one. I'm not going through all that all over again.

I would love a verity of cars but one will always be a mark viii.
currently we have 2 marks, camaro and town car.
So if we lost the marks there would be a search for another.

I would love a verity of cars but one will always be a mark viii.
currently we have 2 marks, camaro and town car.
So if we lost the marks there would be a search for another.

Pics of TC please. Im on my 3rd panther DD now.

For years I've shopped and dreamed of the day I would be able to own a Mark VIII. A few months back my boss offered me a 1996 base. It has a couple dents the interior was dirty 114,000 miles. It's the lowest mileage vehicle I've owned in years and I don't drive much(usually due to gas prices). Reading the forums and the issues everyone has makes me weary to even keep this one very long. There's the vlcm? Thing. The hard to find part. The crappy headlights(I've looked into the housing with the HID on through a welding mask and the low beam pocket is black) the door handles as I've recently read about(my passenger side exterior is already broken as of late and being a 1 year only color doesn't help). The fact I get a low coolant light on cold days but never see a drop. And lastly but not the least is the crappy radio. The JBL sounds awesome. Cd changer is broke and so is the tape deck and radio reception is crappy too. I believe myself to be a Lincoln enthusiast. This Mark is my fourth. I would like another conti. A 5 passenger interior preferably dark colors. To answer the question I would say no. Although this one I have is decent. For a driver it's worth the $900 purchase price.

definitely, love my 1995 LSC with only 66K miles. When I first say these cars on the road, i popped a boner!!!the sleek body,size,mean look to the front with the headlights. It always puts a smile on my face everytime I get on the road. People that appreciates these cars are always fascinated that I'm driving one that almost looks brand new. The engine has a magnificent sound, wow that big V8. I've also got a brand new 2014 Ford Mustang GT premium, im still in love with my mark, so much class. If I had a chance to buy another, it would be a Gen1, Gen 2 looks like an older driver, with the bigger headlights/rear.

Members online

No members online now.
Back