Would you buy another Lincoln??

BlackLS06

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody here thought about buying a brother or sister for their LS??

I wouldint mind a zephyr/mkz to save on gas and just go back and forth to work. Or A Mark LT for when i need to move stuff around but still ride with class.

I would buy another lincoln car but the LS is the only one i realy like not feeling the mkz/zephyr town car or Mark's But i would get a Navigator for sure one day for the fam & I will also get the LT for myself in the future but Im gonna get the 06 LSE first :)

Anybody here thought about buying a brother or sister for their LS??

I wouldint mind a zephyr/mkz to save on gas and just go back and forth to work. Or A Mark LT for when i need to move stuff around but still ride with class.

I would buy another LS to replace the one I own. I jumped too quick on this one and ended up paying way too much to rebuild it. Could have bought a newer one in better shape.

I would buy another lincoln car but the LS is the only one i realy like not feeling the mkz/zephyr town car or Mark's But i would get a Navigator for sure one day for the fam & I will also get the LT for myself in the future but Im gonna get the 06 LSE first :)

The only one i truly like is the LS as well.

Navigators are ok but big and clumsly...the mark LT handles a bit better being a pickup version of it and they look nice lowered as well.

If i could give someone 5K for a zephyr/mkz id take it and make it a beater car.

I would buy another, just not what's out there now. I went from the mark 8 to the LS and i have no interest in buying a FWD car, even if the interiors are a tiny slice of heaven. Once (if) lincoln goes back to a RWD platform I'll look again.

Love the front end of the MKT

2010-Lincoln-MKT-EcoBoost-1.jpg

As of right now...... NO! Ford has NOTHING that appeals to this 54 year old!

Not really comparable...but to me it just looks like a F-150 with a different grille and extra chrome.

But at the same time the MKT side profile isn't exactly the most appealing.

Thats all it is just a really fancy F150.

But it carries the lincoln name well. The seats even have lincoln emblems sewn into them.

you can also do this:
0.jpg

Not really comparable...but to me it just looks like a F-150 with a different grille and extra chrome.

That's really all it is. It has a few more accessories but it is built on the same line with the same parts (just added extras). If you were to pull off the trim piece on the tail gate, there is a ford oval recess there.

IMO, the look of those MKT's are fugly, that grille looks rediculous to me. The front and rear ends of the entire lincoln line need to be redesigned and simplified. I love my LS, but I wouldnt buy any of their current cars. Again, just My opinion.

I actually have my local dealership looking for a Mark LT or Navigator that I can afford as we speak. My wife and I love Lincoln and the service we recieve from the dealerships. I think I am a Lincoln fan for life as of now.

Having had five, I would probably get another Lincoln. If an Aviator would have been anywhere close to as cheap as the Mountaineer I bought a few years ago, I would have one. The wife likes some of the new Lincolns out there, but I cannot see spending that sort of money with all of the other options out there.

i sure wouldn't buy anything new from Lincoln. everything is kinda falling behind.
i would for sure pick up another mark or 2nd gen LS depending on how many doors i needed though.

Having had five, I would probably get another Lincoln. If an Aviator would have been anywhere close to as cheap as the Mountaineer I bought a few years ago, I would have one. The wife likes some of the new Lincolns out there, but I cannot see spending that sort of money with all of the other options out there.

Aviators look nice too.

yes a rebadged explorer but what car isnt rebadged nowadays??

All new cars look the same. The new Lincoln sedans look like everything else that's out there now. unique styling and body lines is dissapearing, everyone is going with hard edged front ends with curved accents bleeding into the sides of the car. (look @ all the 'newer' car's headlights, they all start square in the front and bleed into little tears along the sides)

It is truly sad how you can't tell cars apart much anymore until you are right on top of them.

If they had V8 + RWD (other than the Town Car), then I probably would. Maybe they will by the time that I need another car. If not, I find the Jaguar XJ appealing.

I love my LS. I have had nothing but good things to say about Lincoln. I wouldn't hestitate to recommend them to a friend.

When gas jumped up a few years ago. I bought the wife 2007 Lincoln MKZ. She got 19mpg. Which was a lot better then the 13.5mpg our Durango was getting her. The MKZ was great. Nice styling. NEVER had a single problem with it.

I had planned to buy a Navigator for myself. Figured the crappy gas mileage I was getting with the Durango. I might as well get crappy gas mileage in style with a Navigator.

Long story short. I ended up trading in the 2007 MKZ and 2003 Durango for 2010 Camaro SS and 2008 Trailblazer SS. Hers and his "SS"es:lol:

MKZ 01.jpg

Durango 02.jpg

000_0010.jpg

TBSS 02.jpg

With their current offerings, No. No more LS's either. They are to outdated interior wise for me to get excited about them anymore.

Check the signature...

I know I'll probably get a bunch of flack for saying this, but I like the MKS turbo with appearance package (and even the SHO). They are fast for their size and there are mods readily available for them. Whatever you can do to a SHO you should be able to do to the Ecoboost MKS...

http://www.luxist.com/2009/07/13/review-2010-lincoln-mks-with-ecoboost-who-needs-a-v8/

YouTube - Livernois Tuned 2010 Taurus SHO vs 2011 5.0 Mustang GT

Not a replacement for a V8 RWD but they are AWD and snow is a factor for me and my wife. The AWD system Ford uses is awesome (have it in the MKX) and I drive 60+ miles a day so snow/ice+highway+LS is not the safest option.

I know they are FWD based but they have some power and I have always liked sports sedans. Other than the M5 (out of my budget) there isn't much else I would consider in that class of vehicle.

If the SRT's line was more luxurious I would spring for a Charger, but I need luxury and it doesn't get much better than a Lincoln. I hate to say this, but look at Mark VIII's, they are still more luxurious than any Lexus, Mercedes or BMW under 50K IMO. And when I mention my LS has heated and cooled seats, and its 8 years old, people are amazed.

I'd buy a gen2 Markviii black/black. Drop it, 19's, and go fast mods. But 2 kids kind of take up any fun money.

Members online

No members online now.
Back