Window Regulator Replacement. How-To w/ Pictures.

That sounds like it might just be broken clips (still requires you to take the door apart).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K2XCVP...colid=NYWIPDC1U0QF&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
Do note that the door panel clips on the LS seem to be way more reusable than most other cars.

2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual Door Trim
2006 Lincoln LS Workshop Manual Regulator

Yes, the regulators mostly are. The front motors are different, as are the details of getting the door panels off and getting to the regulators, which is a lot of the work involved...

We aren't going anywhere if you have any questions when you get into it ...just asks and we all will guide you through

Hell yeah. Thank you. This forum is a true resource. This is what's good about the internet.

Both links you posted do work, sorry about that. (I got confused when the links on the pages themselves didn't work, but it doesn't matter since you provided both pages - thank you, sir!)

And no big surprise but the problem came back this morning.

Nothing important below, just thinking out loud...

I know I need to take it apart and figure it out myself but until then here's what I'm pondering:

Looking at a motorcraft regulator on amazon here and I have to wonder why the hell is is half as much as this aftermarket one?

Why are the regulators for the front and rear are so different. Aren't they doing the same thing? Is it because the front window is larger with a longer base?

What could cause the window to go up fine 100% of the time but only get pulled down correctly 5%? I'm thinking it's because the glass rests on the clip when it's all the way down but it isn't connected to the clip so it can't get pulled down - sorta like I can push up a shade with my open hand but can't pull it down if I can't grab onto it. That makes sense. But why would it sometimes get pulled down? Maybe since it was 100+ degrees yesterday the heat caused the clip to slightly swell enough to grab the glass. I dunno.

My wife's been working nights at a hospital and I'm driving her so she doesn't have to take an uber. Once she's done I'll crack it open. Until then I don't wanna risk f-ing it up and having to drive on the freeway with an open window. At least by then I should have the parts. Gonna order the motorcraft regulator in case I need it. Until then I'm just philosophizing like a damn fool.

I had the same issue and just fixed it about 5 minutes ago. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture while the panel was off but I'll try to describe it. Once I had the door panel off, I reached in the door and felt around. I found a little plastic cylinder. The window and the regulator clip have a hole, I just put the plastic cylinder in the hole and bingo.

Yeah I'm not too optimistic. Going to use the window as little as possible for now. Want a day off from working on the car. Have other projects to do.
So it actually got smoother and functioned fine until now. It broke again after a year and a half. This time I changed the regulator. The moral of the story is don't bother with the clips, change the whole thing or you'll be doing it again.

I bought a new one and replaced mine 3 times, second was warranty and it failed in s couple days also, ended up getting my old one rebuilt, don't ever throw those away, the new ones are complete garbage!

I used aftermarket with no problems but yes OEM is always the best
I would say that should be "almost always." As these cars get older, Ford will source parts from other sources and won't have nearly the level of quality control that they did back when they were using those parts on cars on the assembly line...

Members online

No members online now.
Back