Will this work - amp question

So I pretty much finished the install but my other amp didn't show up so I couldn't hook that up or hook the deck speakers up. Here are some pics. This being my first car audio install ever, I think I did pretty well. I plan to post up some more pics on how I connected the grounds/power to the battery since KnuKonceptz set screws are very thick. To me, it's a pretty damn clean install and I'm pretty proud of myself - especially figuring out the problems along the way and figuring out a pretty decent way to connect the power/ground to the battery.

The other amp should be here Monday. I've run the power, ground, remote, and speaker wire and I plan to mount the amp the bottom of the deck. I used a channel on the bottom of the deck to run the wires so they are completely hidden.

I bought a cheap ($50 shipped to my door) sealed sub box which was the smallest amount of cubic feet allowed for my subs. The box isn't great and I know those Pioneer subs aren't top of the line, but I put some Polyester fiber fill in the box and it sounds better than the $150 ported box I had before - which also didn't slide in under the rear deck. The subs seem to hit harder and tighter which is expected due to the sealed enclosure but I really expected the subs to sound crappy because of the box - luckily I was wrong and they sound awesome. I also bought such a small box so I can access the spare tire and mount the amp/speakers on the rear deck.

Btw, the amp is mounted to the back of the rear seat. I also clipped the excess of the zip ties so it doesn't look like crap.
More pics to come:

subs1.jpg

subs2.jpg

subs3.jpg

subs4.jpg

subs5.jpg

subs6.jpg

subs7.jpg

I'm going to suggest something else:

Skip the rear speakers all together. Music was recorded, mixed and mastered to come from two speakers in front of you. All you're doing with rear speakers is bringing the image and staging backwards, away from the way it was intended to be listened to. I haven't had rear speakers in my cars for the last 8+ years and couldn't be happier.

Obviously, everyone has their own opinions on the subject, but just wanted to give you a reason not to spend the money to upgrade speakers/amps. Also, if you plan on watching movies in 5.1, then disregard my "opinion" as obviously nice rear speakers would be a must.

Agreed , I despise hearing vocals come from behind me. I wouldn't go to a concert and turn my back to the band and face the back of the arena would anybody? The best sounding auto system I ever built was in a chevy astro van , they have 5.25 speaker cutouts in the dash with an amp pushing quality speakers bouncing sound off the windshield ; the soundstaging was superb .

uhhh whats 'the big 3' ?

uhhh whats 'the big 3' ?
Ford, Chevy and Chrysler :shifty:

http://bit.ly/x13cKX

your factory wiring was never designed for amps with hundreds (if not thousands) of watts.

the big 3 is upgrading some of the factory wiring in the car to better support the power requirements of the sound system

Routing wires around sharp edges of metal not good! Chaffeeing can cause shorts! IMHO

msgtusmc...if you're referring to my setup, I'm using rubber seal from Mcmaster-Carr around all sharp edges

Members online

No members online now.
Back