who makes a blower or turbo thats a direct fit for the mark 8?

M

mark8cha

hey guys newbie here. i was wondering if anyone makes a blower or turbo that bolts directley on a mark viii or would i have to use a 96-98 cobra power adder?

I'm thinking that LMS is building a kit to mount an SC. I have a kenne bell Blowzilla that i'm installing along with my new engine.

You can get a 96-98 cobra SC kit to mount with a little work.

There is really nothing that is a direct bolt on. They all need some sort of modification. NO turbo will bolt up without ALOT of modification. Vortec makes a supercharger that bolts up with minimal mod (like was said you need the mustang cobra unit). You will also need a cobra intake manifold also, unless you want to make a custom intake tube for the factory Mark VIII intake manifold. There is several ppl here that have done the Vortec mod, and will most likely chime in sooner or later with more info.....since I have yet to do it.

Oh....:W to the LvC!
:Beer

you could get a bunch of bendy straws, connect them together, and BLOW REAL HARD, perhaps youll get .003psi boost! thats about what is done with civics, and they are running over 60,000 whp with just that mod!

94m5 said:
I'm thinking that LMS is building a kit to mount an SC. I have a kenne bell Blowzilla that i'm installing along with my new engine.

You can get a 96-98 cobra SC kit to mount with a little work.

will that kb require a new hood? has anyone done a kb on a mark vii before?

MrWilson said:
you could get a bunch of bendy straws, connect them together, and BLOW REAL HARD, perhaps youll get .003psi boost! thats about what is done with civics, and they are running over 60,000 whp with just that mod!

Im smelling a hater!

i would love to go FI but I really don't want to change the hood, is that the only option?

If you have a Gen 2 I do not think you need any hood modifications because they already have a higher stock manifold. But, if you have a Gen 1 you will need to simply cut the rear cross portion for clearance for a Cobra manifold, and most likely the only thing you will have to do for a KB blower since the blower is the same height as the Cobra manifold, but do not hold me to that.....I am not 100% sure, but pretty sure. :Beer

Both Jeremy and myself had fitment problems with our vortech blowers.Not only did I have to notch the rear brace but we had problems with the tube that runs to the throttle body.I built a custom hood and Jeremy took my advice and used washers in between the ke member and the car to effectively lower the engine.

Members online

Back