Who here owns a black second gen with black wheels in the Chicago area?

NYC LS8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I think it was a second gen anyway. Working overnights and half awake driving home on 290 West at about 6:30am Thursday and saw whoever it was in the right lane getting off the highway as I was flying up on their left. Don't remember what exit it was. I wanna say Mannheim, but again, I was half dead to the world.

Whoever it was, sharp looking car :D

was this by chance the car you're talking about? The kid that owned it used to live near me in mount prospect, sold it about a year ago. Saw it on craigslist at some sh*t hole used car lot in the city..so could be the same car if you spotted it on 290.

Resampled952011-08-109515-45-4595595.jpg

Almost a year got from my friend Mike, that car I known in Mark8 crowd pretty nice mid 10 sec ride

yes it is, i was thinking it was burbanks car.
right color, right wheels, right area. i'm glad to see its still around.

Hey quick do you have any side or rear shots of it with the welds on? Car looks real badass

Whats the latest set up in that car, heard it got a new motor somewhat recently..had no idea Mike sold the car.

Still same motor, running strong,
The New:
1. New transmission by TSI racing out of Addison Illinois still has a full automatic valve body
2. Innovators west 10% overdrive
3.New Circle D Torque Converter 3200 stall a lot smaller then the one before
4. New fuel system + E85

Ah yes im familiar with TSI, whats the reason for a smaller stall? There was a video on youtube i saw not too long ago of your car doing a burnout on a side street, car sounded mean!

well it had a dirty dog converter with a lockup , that was originally set up for a n/a car, so when Mike put this in the car the stall was crazy high (close to 5000 rpm) because of the hp difference between n/a and boost car, eventually the lockup in the converter fall apart and trashed the trans, that is why i took it to Don at TSI for trans work and i end up buying a new Circle D triple disc converter, the car drives 100% better on the street now, having almost like stock converter, also i finish the custom 3.5" exhaust that ends at the rear bumper now, not before the rear axle like before. I like having the converter tight but i think i should have go little higher with it, but then again i drive the car more on the street than track, will see what happens at the track this year i still have 1 free re-stall for the converter, i might go 1000 rpm higher, the centri blowers like the high stall.

the only regret i have soo far is lowering the car by cutting the springs, it dont ride good, but it looks bad:cool:ass

Did you do a paint restore on it too? looks pretty fresh compared to the older pics of when your friend owned it. What was the exhaust set up before, we were talking about exhaust set ups in general at one point and I remember this car sounding pretty good in the videos, was it a single large diameter exhaust that ended at the axle or something like that?

i gotta friend who detail it pretty good still have some little dings, and scratches, but looks a lot better than the day i picked her up.

from headers y into 3.5" single magnaflow muffler and all the way to the back bumper where it ends with single 3.5" borla straight thru muffler

Members online

No members online now.
Back