who has a kids car seat in their mark?

purpony

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Who around here has car seats in the rear of their Marks?

I tried putting a car seat in the rear for my son and i cant get the damn thing to stay. The rear seats are shaped funny and although i can get the seat somewhat tight, you can easily pull the bottom out and the car seat comes completely loose :(

any tricks to making a car seat stay put in the back of a mark?

I make mine ride in the trunk

Can you upload a pic of the car seat or give a model number?

Most seats have a large hole at the rear base, and you'd pull the seat belt strap thru that and buckle it in, and use the car seats strap and toss it over the top and then back behind the cars upper seat cussion and secure it to an anchor point
(Most newer cars have anchor points in the back dash)
Ill go look in my trunk, but I wanna see what style seat you're working with first

My son is 7 and weighs 86 pounds so he doesn't need a car seat anymore:) But my daughter is 5 and she sits in a booster seat so no issues there. But when they were younger, and hd to sit in rear facing child seats, I had no problem with getting them to stay put. Normally I would put a towel under them so that the edges of the base wouldn't leave dents in the leather. The base of the seat had a seatbelt passage through the back. I had to put the shoulder harness through that, buckle it, and then pull it real hard until it was tight. They stayed secure for the most part. It's a little easier to secure the seat in the middle becuase it just has a lap belt.

If you pull out the seat belt all the way then it will "lock" and begin to rachet back and lock in place not letting it pull back out but I can go in.

ill post up some pics of whats going on. I did pull the seatbelt all the way to "set" the lock and then tighten the car seat in place. Its tight from side to side, but just a very light pull from the bottom front, the bottom kicks right out.. not very safe.

I never had an issue in my older explorers, and my new trucks have the latch which is very handy....

just figured i would ask if anyone else came across this issue....

My 3 and 1 year old both have car seats in mine and they fit fine and were petty snug.

You must be installing it wrong i never had a problem
I don't remember if i needed the seat belt clip but i did use it.
The one that comes with the car seat.

I usually transport the little one in the wifes SUV if I'm going anywhere...the couple times I've had to take the mark I had no issue with the car seat other than being 6'3 and having to squeeze back there to do it.

Well I'm only 5'7" but I transport all three of my little ones (5,3, & 2) on a regular basis no problems here. There is plenty of room for thier carseats and it's no problem buckling them in. Try doing that in a mustang. Lol.

Well I'm only 5'7" but I transport all three of my little ones (5,3, & 2) on a regular basis no problems here. There is plenty of room for thier carseats and it's no problem buckling them in. Try doing that in a mustang. Lol.

:lol: I have to say the kids fit fine, but it's a snug fit in the back of the '96 Cobra convertible. But not as snug as my mom's '08 convertible. There is literally zero back seat room in that car. It has over 7" more wheelbase than the '96, but there is actually less interior room:confused: It makes no sense...

I remember now when I done my interior swap, I took all the extra black seat belt that usually just flaps all over the place and cut it off. Reason why is because whenever the last gf I had got her kids (5&7) at the time in the back seat, they would always have that thing everywhere and it annoyed me as much as her kids. Another reason why she's an ex-gf. So even if the subject came up about a car seat now, I can say I don't have the correct belting for it but no plans for me to ever have any babies sitting in my back seat again or anyone for that matter. It just has the two normal seat belts on both sides with the two stubs sticking up to click into. Much neater now.

btw, the 5 yo little girl took her finger nails and scratched my rear ashtray coating to shreds. OMG I was pissed off for a month over that. My 10 yo is enough for me.

I have a car seat base in the middle of my back seat. I got it tight by putting my knee in it and applying my weight while tightening the lap belt. I don't like the way it fits though so I'm looking to trade for a Town Car (crazy I know). Normally our daughter will ride in my wife's vehicle but I want to be able to take my car sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back