White Face Guage - Indiglow

G

GrayGhost1

I had some time today to switch over my blue/green white face gauge to the indiglow white face gauge. I liked the blue/green white face gauge but it was time for a change. I got the indiglow gauge off of eBay much cheaper than I got the blue/green last year. The first time it took me 3 hours to install it but this it was cut in half. I guess it was experience knowing what and how to take things off. Anyway, I'm extremely happy with the new set up. Here's some pics:

Daytime White Face Gauge

gauge%20003.jpg

gauge%20005.jpg

Night time Indiglow White Face Gauge

gauge%20007.jpg

Night time Green Color White Face Gauge

whitegauge3.jpg

Night time Blue Color White Face Gauge

whitegauge5.jpg

good job ken.

how in the hell are you getting 21.8mpg? I'm running 14.7!!!!!

get the 'check engine light' looked at!!!! ;)

Quik LS said:
Photoshop. :D

The "Indiglow" looks neat, but do the others really show all the warning lights all the time?

IIRC - these are either little vinyl strips or paint - you simply cover you needles.

Quik LS said:
good job ken.

get the 'check engine light' looked at!!!! ;)
Well, I'm getting around 20 mpg. The pics of the blue and green gauges was taken last year. I get around 17 in the city and about 22 on the highway. As for the check engine light the engine wasn't running at that time. I just had the key on.

GrayGhost1 said:
As for the check engine light the engine wasn't running at that time. I just had the key on.

we could tell - unless your car magically idles at 0 RPM... (that would explain the great mileage....)

I wish they made some aftermarket gauges for the TC, cuz they really suck

Quik LS said:
we could tell - unless your car magically idles at 0 RPM... (that would explain the great mileage....)
Yeah, my car just floats down the highway which explains the great gas mileage!

you do not have to pull the needles off - just point them up and the overlay slides over them

I would love to know the cost and if you had some instructions on how to do it, that would be great!

For the gauges, they are really nice. The older style ones where the entire face lights up tend to glare off the windshield really bad. This makes it a pain at night for some people...like myself. The reverse indiglo gauges are really cool.

As for the needles...I used to be a vendor for them. I dont know if they are the same ones that were posted in this thread. They place that I used to get them from was www.importintelligence.com they manufactured them and they are VERY good quality. I believe he makes them in red, blue, orange, and green. And they consist of TINY fiber optics that are super bright. They are adhered to a vinyl ring that slides around the base of the needle, which requires you to pull the needles. This is a tedious and tricky (and potientally costly) process. You dont want to mess that up. Its hard to find someone to recalibrate your gauges. However, I used to cut the bottom of the rings to form a cresant shape, thus allowing me to slide them under the needles without removing the needles.

The one thing is it depends on the needles as to what color(s) we can use. I havent looked closely at them yet, but I will. If they are solid color plastic through and through then we can only use red. However, if the needles are clear with paint on one or more sides then the paint can be removed and any color needle kit can be used.

My personal opinion is they look fabulous. The red needle kit looks great with the reverse indiglo gauges. I had them in my altima and love it. The factory needles were orange, so I just used a red needle kit without removing the paint from the needles and they glowed so nicely. Just imagine that if in the 3rd picture down the needles were about 3x brighter red....

gt95coupe said:
What is a digital inverter? Do we need it for our install? :L

yes - it allow adjustment between green and blue. I just set mine to the color I like - and hide every thing behind the dash.

gt95coupe said:
What is a digital inverter? Do we need it for our install? :L
I bought mine from that guy on eBay. It comes with everything you need for the auction price. Do not upgrade anything since you get the inverter with it.

GrayGhost1 said:
I bought mine from that guy on eBay. It comes with everything you need for the auction price. Do not upgrade anything since you get the inverter with it.

so the inverter comes with the $30 kit price? :L

whitegauge3.jpg

ken, how do these look when you compare it to the rest of the green lighting in the car? does it look kinda off?
these are considered the reverse indiglo right?

mikedeezy123 said:
whitegauge3.jpg

ken, how do these look when you compare it to the rest of the green lighting in the car? does it look kinda off?
sorry wrong pic....i mean the other ones with the red and blue.

mikedeezy123 said:
sorry wrong pic....i mean the other ones with the red and blue.
It looks real good. I'll take some another pic tonight wth all the lights on.

mikedeezy123 said:

here's a pic of my dash.

they do not look too bad since it matches my G-Tech and my C2 gauges....

gauges far away.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back