which is faster

all in all i think we have come to a conclusion, F all your caddys and LINCOLNS my caddy is better than all yours STOCK!! you know why! i just saved tons of money of my car insurance by switching to Geico!!!!

huntz52 said:
all in all i think we have come to a conclusion, F all your caddys and LINCOLNS my caddy is better than all yours STOCK!! you know why! i just saved tons of money of my car insurance by switching to Geico!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

huntz52 said:
LOL that should be a tv ad

here's a little bit of a skewed view from me: I JUST got my grandad's 98 deville to replace my 93 TC. I'd say they're both aiming at the same market. both soft and luxurious cars. perhaps it's the 5 years difference on the caddy and the extra 65hp that makes all of the difference but I'd have to take the caddy. Being a HGUE fan of RWD i was skeptical about all that power to the front tires myself but when i eralized that the torque steer on it isnt bad at all i was hooked. my front tires weren't but i sure was. :p As far as speed goes, compared to my wheezey and snarling (straight pipes;) )210hp town car gets demolished by the smooth and powerful 275 of my deville's northstar. A mark viii had interested me for about the past 3 years but this $2500 caddy is something i couldn't pass up.:C :L what can i say?:D

Red STS said:
I recently went to see the movie Hostile last weekend. After the movie I was at the light with a Mark VIII. This punkass was really trying to get my attention to race at the light. I tried to just ignore it because I had a friendly female with her head in my lap. She noticed a horn blowing so she stopped. NOW I'M PISSED. This jerkoff f**ked up my bj. She says "I think he wants to race."

That's funny... Maybe the dude was just Fukin with ya because he knew some chick was slobbin your knob... :gr_devil: Must have been interesting when she popped up her head and said he wants to race.
I woulda been laughin my balls off to much to even push the gas pedal...

Well...."stock for stock" that STS isn't gonna run a 14.6 anything without some major effort. I ran a 14.809 at 94mph with less than a 1/4 tank, and no spare tire. It was hot outside, and I had to launch with moist tires (Atco has no way around the burnout box...and I wasn't about to even try). I guess under the perfect conditions, it would be damn close. I have seen STS' run 14.6's but not many. It's possible though, you'll just have to run them and see what happens.

I thought the continental was more the match up to the seville

and maybe the eldorado for the mark viii

Well thats probably how the GM and Ford guys planned it anyway, cause if your lookin for a mark viii which looks kinda sporty IMO, but lets say you decide on a caddy at the last minute your probably not going to go with the seville and instead choose a 2 door caddy with the same options / features instead.

BTW when I was test driving cars the 95 seville felt like it had alot more torque then the 95 conti and it even had 150k on it. And thats from the mouth of a lincoln guy.

Seville will be faster than a Conti. A Mark VIII will leave one as well, as long as it is cared for.

scott9050 said:
Seville will be faster than a Conti. A Mark VIII will leave one as well, as long as it is cared for.
how about the 275 HP VE THE SEVILLES 275 hp? i THINK THAT WOULD BE CLOSE

I have to replace the water pump, but then i want to set this up. Cecil is open now, and it is going to cool down again this week.

hhmmm heres my 2 cents. I owned a 93 seville once apon a time the car was fun to drive but once one thing goes wrong with it its a domino effect. Parts are more expensive to fix and maintainance is a pain in the a$$ crack. yes cadillac makes a good car but cadillacs have been known not to out last any lincoln built so far.

I had so many things changed on that damn car it wasnt funny and they werent changed cause i wanted to parts were to damn expensive and labor was from hell. But like i said in other threads everyone is intitled to there own opinion. I always see cadillacs for sale and there always leaking something or something is blown, or just not working and when you find out how much the parts and labor are you can just go buy a Mark VII or VIII for the price to get the cadillac back on the road.

NEXT!!!!!

Ok, this is from the website www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

1993 mark VIII 7.1 0-60, 15.4 quarter mile
1993 eldo ETC 6.7 0-60, 15.0 quarter mile
These guys say the caddy is faster than the lincoln.

I personally think the best thing about the lincoln is the front air bag suspension. When those bags leak and you shut the car off it lowers just like those lowrider cars! HAHAHAHA:N

As far as the seats in a caddy being uncomfortable, I can set my 93 ETC's seats perfectly. Do lincolns have on board diagnostics that the driver can access at any time? Seat memmory? Bose sound system? Magnetically dampened active suspension system? OnStar? Real woodgrain interior panels? I do not think lincolns look like a bar of soap,more like a streched and dolled up taurus, Yummy!

On a final note, I just changed the timing chain and water pump on my 1990 fleetwood . both were original and the car has 210,000 miles on it and purrs like a kitten and pulls 18.5 mpg average. I've never seen a ford motor go 200,000 on the factory timing chain or water pump.

Aaron J Williams said:
Ok, this is from the website www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

1993 mark VIII 7.1 0-60, 15.4 quarter mile
1993 eldo ETC 6.7 0-60, 15.0 quarter mile
These guys say the caddy is faster than the lincoln.

I ran 14.651 at 97.21 bone dead stock. This is why real people don't magazine race as bench racing is for ricers :D

I personally think the best thing about the lincoln is the front air bag suspension. When those bags leak and you shut the car off it lowers just like those lowrider cars! HAHAHAHA:N

No leaks for me at 138,000 miles.
Do lincolns have on board diagnostics that the driver can access at any time?

Yes

Seat memmory?

Yes

Bose sound system?

JBL premium sound

Magnetically dampened active suspension system?

My car lowers itself past 55 mph, has speed sensitive steering etc. Quite a nice system for 1994.

Who cares for Onstar? Why would I want someone knowing where I am and my car is at all times?

Real woodgrain interior panels?

Yep, they are real.

I do not think lincolns look like a bar of soap,more like a streched and dolled up taurus, Yummy!

*yawn* looks are subjective. At least I don't have wrong wheel drive.

On a final note, I just changed the timing chain and water pump on my 1990 fleetwood . both were original and the car has 210,000 miles on it and purrs like a kitten and pulls 18.5 mpg average. I've never seen a ford motor go 200,000 on the factory timing chain or water pump.

I have gone over 200,000 miles on several Ford vehicles and never changed either. There is a 345,000 mile running driving Mark VIII on Ebay right now.

Cadillac's have their problems and lincoln's has their, and both companies have their bells and whisles.(so please don't try to compare if you have memory seating and stuff)
and from what I have read, the (gen II)Mark VIII does a 0-60 in 7.0sec and a 1/4 mile of 15.3 at 94 mph. The eldorado(I know its not the STS) does 0-60 in 6.9 sec and a 1/4 mile of 15.2 at 94 mph. From fact I know that the gen 1 marks are faster then gen 2.

I owned an 87 LSC and while it was fast; however my 94 Eldorado (270 hp) would whip the LSC. While I respect Lincoln enthusiasm, I think it's pretty clear that Cadillac has the performance edge.

One mod that would benefit a Cadillac is a limited slip differential. This simple modification will improve overall traction as well as 0-60 performance by transferring power to both front wheels. Unfortunately, one bad thing about Cadillac is the lack of available mods.

MAC1 said:
I owned an 87 LSC and while it was fast; however my 94 Eldorado (270 hp) would whip the LSC. While I respect Lincoln enthusiasm, I think it's pretty clear that Cadillac has the performance edge.

One mod that would benefit a Cadillac is a limited slip differential. This simple modification will improve overall traction as well as 0-60 performance by transferring power to both front wheels. Unfortunately, one bad thing about Cadillac is the lack of available mods.
True, overall Cadillac is better then Lincoln in performance, but the Mark VIII is different then the other lincolns

97 Deville
93 Lincoln
The Northstar feels faster on the start, but the Lincoln feels faster on the highway. Own both. But none of these are race cars anyways.......unless very well built. Both are luxury sport coupes (Mark VIII, STS, Eldo). I sold my supercharged stang for that reason.........to be comfortable and not have the cops pulling me over everyother block (evidentally street racing is frowned upon). Drive slow------be safe.
LMAO. (however if they made a Mark VIII ready kit, would not mind charging it...........hehe).

MAC1 said:

Mark VII versus Mark VIII, my Mark VIII would kick the sh!t out of a stock one. That is not the argument.

I am afraid that I'll have the final word on this....

In 1991, 1992 and 1993, I was part of the introduction and reliability team for the Mark VIII product launch. At the time I was senior Lincoln Engineer for the Ford Motor Company's Parts and Service Division, and was based in our Florida office (Orlando).

Four times during that time period, we leased the Sebring International Raceway, and once we leased the Daytona Speedway, to perform performance testing and dealer ride-and-drive demonstrations of the Mark VIII.

We also purchased two new Cadillacs - an Eldorado and a Seville, along with a new Lexus Coupe to use as comparison vehicles.

Lynn St. James (an experienced road racer and one of Ford's factory drivers in the early 90s) drove all three cars back-to-back at Sebring, and if memory serves, was consistently lapping the track between 3 and 4 seconds faster in the Mark VIII. That is a HUGE difference on a racetrack.

In fact, even my personal company car, which was a Town Car with the high output interceptor 4.6 and heavy duty "limousine prep" package, was marginally faster around the road course then the Cadillacs.

We could not get the Cadillacs up to full speed at Daytona, as the suspensions bottomed on the banked turns at about 110 MPH and we broke a front A-Arm on the Eldorado, and suspended testing after 3 laps. They were simply too dangerous to drive under those conditions.

We also boiled the brake fluid out of both Cadillacs several times at Sebring - a problem we did not experience using the same testing protocols and number of laps with the Mark.

Sorry guys....but the truth is, real men don't SPIN their FRONT wheels!

All good information from 15 years ago, too bad the Mark VIII is dead and Lincoln has nothing that comes close to Caddy these days :(

Members online

No members online now.
Back