where to mount amp

blkmagnum22s

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i did search and only seen about 2 pictures. Where does everyone mount there amp? I really do not want to mount it on the rear seat.

On the box.

I have a box flush mounted in the trunk and my amp is mounted on the back of the box so when you flip down the seat its facing you.

In the void between the left rear quarter panel and the brace behind the left rear wheel well. Remove the trim piece from the left rear and you will see what I mean. The amp can't be too large, though.

Like this, but there is some wasted space...

vbpgimage.php

well there is kinda only three places you can mount it,

1 on the back of the seat (where you said that you didnt want to mount)

2 on the box (either back or side)

or make a custom amp rack and mount it where you wanted to.

when i helped Tru with his install, he already had two amp boards cut and wrapped, to be mounted on the sides of the trunk toward the back, if the amps are small enough to fit in the indentations in the factory panels, this will work out great. and mounting the board where pretty easy, we just screwed them into the supports behind the carpet (the passenger side is real tricky because it you dont triple check your screw location, you can easily screw through your FEM or its harness)

I mounted mine to a piece of MDF in the spare well. Can't see it and it is easy as hell to run the +/-.

If you never plan to use your trunk again, you can do this.:lol:

LS 246.jpg

This is how I mounted mine.

SAM_0045.jpg

SAM_0181.jpg

I know looks ugly, still need to make it look pretty :(

I'll post a pic or two of my install that Loud was referencing. My amps were the perfect size to fit on the sides of the trunk near the back.

Pics will be uploaded later today.

Tru

Looks like somebody is compensating for something...

Here's a few shots of my trunk install (excuse the bad quality from phone and exhaust). I had all the wiring pulled to the trunk, amps mounted, and subs in the enclosure. I paid Loud to help me finish the wiring from amps to caps to subs, etc. He's a pro, and it was well worth it! I still need to use my trunk, hence the amps mounted on the sides and a sub enclosure that's as far back as I can get. I have plenty of room, and the spare/battery access still works - bend is well before the sub enclosure so I still have access to everything underneath.

IMG00038-20110124-1540.jpg

IMG00037-20110124-1539.jpg

IMG00040-20110124-1541.jpg

Tru

Last edited:
i had mine mounted the same way as tru-blu. I put it on the left side towards the back. It stays out of your way if you put items in your trunk or if you have to fold the seats down occasionally. I did it so it wouldnt get damaged or hit if thats what your looking for, but how many subs are you putting in? or how big is your box?

Last edited:

Members online

Back