Where is the mark 9?

Mk 9

I agree.No fwd.Thats work of the devil(I love that line)The need to make it full size, two door and a fire breather......and run it in NASCAR.They didnt run it Nascar before because they worried about their image.Well that thing they call an mk is an emarrasment(imo) so much for that image thingy.I do however like the truck.

Ultimate question of this thread....

Which one of you would finance a possible $55-$65k Lincoln mark IX? Let's start a poll & the results will really show you why the car won't make it in today's market!

Well...I could do it (I've got pretty good credit:))...but it would put too much of a strain on our already limited budget.

However, Mercedes makes a big coupe, Jag makes a coupe, BMW makes coupes, Audi makes coupes, Lexus and Infiniti make coupes, and Cadillac makes coupes. All are extremely expensive and produced in limited quantities. Yet they are all still in production. The problem is that Lincoln no longer has the brand image or brand loyalty to be able to adequately compete in the same class as these other premium luxury coupes. This is due in no small part to the fact that Lincoln no longer has any RWD V-8 powered cars. If Lincoln wants to compete in the premium luxury car arena, it must produce RWD V-8 powered cars (2 or 4 doors). If Lincoln continues to produce what everyone knows is nothing more than a Ford in a silk suit with a $10k higher price tag, it will never be able to regain the status the brand once enjoyed. Lincoln has a long way to go to be able to compete with Cadillac and Mercedes. Right now, Lincoln is basically playing in Buick territory. Ford essentially removed Mercury and downgraded Lincoln to fill the hole. And that is unfortunate. A two-door Lincoln coupe would be viable if it were RWD and V-8 powered and held the status of a car company like Cadillac or Mercedes. That's why they can sell them and Lincoln can't.

Lets get this job killing, gas price rising, government controlling your life president out of office then we can talk Mark IX.

But the new 5.0 would be awesome...

Can I add my 2cents. I suggest they base it off of the Aston Martin. Make it awe, coyote 5.0 for base model and a supercharge 5.0 for the LSC. And yes aim for performance comparable to cts-v. Price around 45k-55k and they have a hit.

The only thing about that is, I'm pretty sure Ford no longer owns Aston-Martin. I believe they sold it around the time they sold Jaguar and everything else to stay afloat when everybody else was taking bailouts.

Yea I would vote "NO" to financing $55K, I'd just dream about owning one, wait 10 years or so, then buy one for a few grand!!

Yea I would vote "NO" to financing $55K, I'd just dream about owning one, wait 10 years or so, then buy one for a few grand!!

+1

I'd like to see them build it, but you wouldn't find me in line at the dealership to buy it new unless I'd won the lottery between now and then. Would definitely be something I'd like to pick up on the used market after the price comes down though.

+100
I'm not in a position to buy a $50K car, but there are many out there that are. I just want a Lincoln product I can drool over, and as of now, I don't see it.

Members online

Back