whats the best way to drag *lol*

Quik LS said:
well - my best time slip is -

- 13.9350 @ 109.04mph.... so bring what evar your 5000 lbs wants....
wow 13.935@109.04 Are you having some problems hooking up? @109 you should be mid or low 13's

dertyclown said:
wow 13.935@109.04 Are you having some problems hooking up? @109 you should be mid or low 13's

yep - bad - spun all the way through the first 80'. probably a good thing - not sure that the trannie/rearend would have held if I actually hooked it all up.

the LS engineers told us that the trannie should be good for about 340hp - so the 100 shot put me over that.

I run with negative camber (due to lowering - and autocrossing) so it can hurt me on a launch.

You won't come close to winding out 4th in the 1/4 mile unless you are running NO2 (and would probably need LOTS of it). You'll barely make it through 3rd, and maybe just start on 4th when you cross the traps. At that point, I'd seriously recommend stepping on the brakes.

LBK_LS said:
Ahhhhh... Forgot about the traction control. Ok, no D5... Thanks! Gonna use my AutoEnginuity sorta-speed tracker and find out my sorta-times :)
How hard is it to set the speed tracker up and how accurate is it?
Mine gets here tomorrow. :wrench

whatsupadrian said:
lucky the car won't let you shift late. Any idea why the has has such an early red line?

Dunno... most likely cost. I mean, what would really be the point of an 8k redline? How long would it take to get there? I'd much rather build some usable power down around 4 or 5k and go from there. I guess I'm old school and am used to large displacement, OHV bottom end grunt, not the tinny scream of a rice burner running for its life.

I am a big believer in traction control at the track. Sure, if you launch too aggressively it will cut fuel, but if you do a nice launch, it will just give minimal braking to control wheelspin. I cut a 2.2 second 60' time with traction control on.

drive around the waterbox and don't do a burnout unless you're using dr's

keep the water off the starting line so people who cut real 60's don't have anything to complain about ;)

MikeB said:
How hard is it to set the speed tracker up and how accurate is it?
Mine gets here tomorrow. :wrench

It's not hard to set up at all!!! Some of the fields the computer will fill in itself.. You mainly put in the tire specs, elevation, extra weight (people in the car during test time), and I think that's about it.. It'll figure out humidity, temp, and gear ratios. Oh yeah, you'll have to enter frontal car area, but I have the number writted down somewhere..

As for the accuracy.. I have no idea.. It did tell me tha my speedo was 2 miles over.. and I knew that already from using the tire calculator since I have different tires from stock... You'll have to ask someone w/ another type of device.. Quik LS has one...

not at all.. it's basically your Overdrive/drive button on a regular vehicle.

LBK_LS said:
You'll have to ask someone w/ another type of device.. Quik LS has one...

I use a G-Tech Pro Competition (www.gtechpro.com) - used it for about 2 years now. My G-Tech results have matched closely to my dyno/time slips results.

The Speedtracer looks promising.... I haven't taken the time to set it up yet.

If I ever want to quickly accelorate I put into 1st then 2nd and then 3rd. I don't have SST so I to was wondering about it. I hit 4th at about 90 right before the redline. The problem I have now is that I don't really have a D4. If I put it into D4 it shows up D5 on the message board but during last winter after shifting it manually a lot, it finally recongized it when I was toping out. It actually reconized 4th and put me in it becuause I could feel it stay in. Now it is back to the point where it is always D5. Anyone have any ideas about this. When I shifted manually my 0-60 was .2 better, and I upshifted right before hitting the redline because of the long delay.

Lucas05 3 said:
If I ever want to quickly accelorate I put into 1st then 2nd and then 3rd. I don't have SST so I to was wondering about it. I hit 4th at about 90 right before the redline. The problem I have now is that I don't really have a D4. If I put it into D4 it shows up D5 on the message board but during last winter after shifting it manually a lot, it finally recongized it when I was toping out. It actually reconized 4th and put me in it becuause I could feel it stay in. Now it is back to the point where it is always D5. Anyone have any ideas about this. When I shifted manually my 0-60 was .2 better, and I upshifted right before hitting the redline because of the long delay.

I have a funny feeling that the D4-D5 selection is simply a switch in the non-SST shifter (like an OD-Off button on some trucks). Sounds like the switch may be intermittent.

How did you measure your 0-60 times? I'd be suprised if shifting manually really made that much improvement. Although once I did get mine to bang 2nd gear quite hard using proper modulation of the throttle (slight lift from WOT then stabbing it) and manually shifting (I don't have SST either), so I sense there is potential for improvment. Have you ever hit the rev-limiter? Anyone know where the rev-limiter on a V8 IS?

Ok took my car to this industrial area last night and did a few launches, Its a long strait stretch nicely paved in walnut its about 2 miles long. I would hit about 120 and i wouldn't climb further but i didn't feel my engine dieing off to limit my speed. Is this supposed to happen? Am i at the "tire" limit that the PCM has? Also before a race should you reset the car by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins so that the adaptive learning lears that you like to drive really fast? Also, my 0-60 is not fast at all, its like nearly 10 seconds. Anyways i am going to take out my 200lbs of stereo crap and take it for some more runs some time soon to see if that makes a difference at all.

whatsupadrian said:
Ok took my car to this industrial area last night and did a few launches, Its a long strait stretch nicely paved in walnut its about 2 miles long. I would hit about 120 and i wouldn't climb further but i didn't feel my engine dieing off to limit my speed. Is this supposed to happen? Am i at the "tire" limit that the PCM has? Also before a race should you reset the car by disconnecting the battery for 10 mins so that the adaptive learning lears that you like to drive really fast? Also, my 0-60 is not fast at all, its like nearly 10 seconds. Anyways i am going to take out my 200lbs of stereo crap and take it for some more runs some time soon to see if that makes a difference at all.

I believe the non-sport pre-03 and all 03+ were limited to 133mph by the PCM.

The adaptive learning is more for shifting firmness than anything else.

should be in mid-6 for 0-60.....

fuel filter? plugs? ...

Quik LS said:
I believe the non-sport pre-03 and all 03+ were limited to 133mph by the PCM.

The adaptive learning is more for shifting firmness than anything else.

should be in mid-6 for 0-60.....

fuel filter? plugs? ...

stock

Quik LS wants to know if you have changed the plugs or fuel filter at all, 10 seconds is way off....

brentalan said:
Quik LS wants to know if you have changed the plugs or fuel filter at all, 10 seconds is way off....

never changed plugs and the fuel filter was changed 10k miles ago.... But i forgot about my wheel ratio. I forgot that i have bigger wheels and so i was driving faster then my speedometer was telling me.

Lucas05 3 said:
I had that same problem about my message center not recognizing the switch from D5 to D4 and vice versa.. The center stayed at D5 all the time.. but every other position (P,R,N,3,2,1) were noticed.. I took it into the dealer and it was the shifter itself.. they replaced the entire shifter and it works great.

the best way to drag? hmm dress like tim curry in the rocky horror picture show. now thats drag baby.

lol.. ya that is the best way to drag if your into that stuff i guess.. lol

Members online

Back