What's that smell??

kustomizingkid

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So ever since I took my Mark out of storage this spring it has kinda stank... I thought it was coming from the vents but after trying to disifect that and getting no results I started digging deeper.... and I found my smell....

There is a :q:q:q:qing mouse nest in my passenger side rocker panel and it is full of dog food... WTF

How the hell am I going to clean this :q:q:q:q out??

I'm honestly thinking of putting it on a lift and drilling some holes in the rocker panel and putting rubber plugs back in.

you.re going to have to do something... it reeks. outside looks awesome though :D

for mice problems going forward,get some poison for mice and put a piece in your spare tire area,and anywhere else you can hide little nibbles of it where you wont see it and it wont get wet, i had mice a few years ago and did this and they nibbled on it a little and then i never saw them again.

That sucks man, I'd be pissed. Hope they didn't start chewing on wires. Killem all

nah! it didn't smell! When I pulled out the center console, there was some grass and insulation all balled up but no mice! I hate those things:eek:

Collectors Edition just took on a whole new meaning....

I thought this thread was going to be about your girlfriend...

ya know that IS her side of the car..
(that was wrong in about a bazillion different ways)

BUT... she called me an Axe Murder, first.
*LMAO*

*mutters*
..dont need no stinkin axe

Well having had the privilege to have ridden in KK's CE ... the m-er smelled bad ... I mean bad ...

But it's funny to hear what was causing the smell LOL ...

You should keep those mice as pets LOL ...

Well I cut 5 holes into my rocker panel... and OMFG this is the GROSSEST thing EVER.... I can't even begin to describe how wrong this is...

Once all the cleaning has been finished I'm going to fill the rocker with foam... no joke.

Looks like you may have solved the problem with your stank... At least the 40000000000 gallons of water ran through there should help :D

i dont know if foam is the right way to go. The foam retains moisture which in turm promotes rust. just a thought..

mice

i have heard that if you plan to store your car for any time, dryer sheets like Bounce etc, keep mice away. tuck a few under the seats and in and around the dash. under the hood etc.. plus,it makes your car smell good...

mothballs are great if you want your mark smelling like mothballs.

So I drilled a total of EIGHT holes in my rocker panel, four on the outside and four on the inside and ran the garden hose through it for three straight hours or so.... Gonna bust out the POR15 tonight... decided agianst the foam BTW.

i would have gotten a can of ether and a straw and blow torched the little peckerheads, then it would have smelt like BBQ chicken.

worthless_without_pics.gif

Sorry...
tomato.gif
...it was bound to be said sooner or later.

And you know there were some others of us who are curious as to what all of that looked like, Kid...:D

Glad you got it all cleaned out.

:cool:

Members online

Back