What's it worth?

PayUpSuka

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of a DD and I have a chance to buy a MK8 for CHEAP (sub $1000). It's a Gen 1 I'm sure of, ( I think it's a '93 or '94..), has less then 130k with a decently fresh motor in it (that has less then 50k on it). Pretty sure everything else is original or been maintained. Air ride works perfect, A/C is ICE cold, good shape interior.

The only thing that's wrong with it I can see is, it's dirty (needs a GOOD cleaning), needs a corner lamp and the passenger door handle doesn't work from the outside. Other then that, it's pretty clean.

I know it's hard to guess a value and especially give one with limited details. I'm fairly familiar with the 4r70w trans and the 32v motor. Everything else is new though lol Just trying to see if this is worth it to buy.

Thanks for any help!

-Mike

if you can get a 93 or 94 mark 7 for around a grand i would grab it right now, a mark 7 from 93 or 94 with a 32 valve dohc must be worth about 100 grand !!!!!!!!!!!

if you can get a 93 or 94 mark 7 for around a grand i would grab it right now, a mark 7 from 93 or 94 with a 32 valve dohc must be worth about 100 grand !!!!!!!!!!!

Ha, just noticed that.. Just a typo. Sorry, I'm normally used to the pushrod engines. :)

its hard to put a mark VIII up for a value check with no pics or anything. you can nearly have them given to you now a days. i have had my share of rediculous deals on them!

its hard to put a mark VIII up for a value check with no pics or anything. you can nearly have them given to you now a days. i have had my share of rediculous deals on them!

I was just at the house on the 3rd too.. I will be calling tomorrow to get more details. The main reason the guy bought it is for the 32v motor to take it and put into his '99 cobra roller. I'm trying to save the car as a whole.

Well it's a '95 with 140k on the body. Motor has around 45k. The car is a darker green with tan interior. The paint is a bit faded but that's about it. Only real damage is that corner lamp.

Green? Hmmm. sound like a beauty. they look so classy when buffed out. Low mi.... spend $30 on a corner marker light and you're set to cruise in Classy Mark VIII style....plus, the Gen 1's are faster & so much cooler.... :dancefool......flame suit on.

Green? Hmmm. sound like a beauty. they look so classy when buffed out. Low mi.... spend $30 on a corner marker light and you're set to cruise in Classy Mark VIII style....plus, the Gen 1's are faster & so much cooler.... :dancefool......flame suit on.

i'll give you that there alittle faster but but they are def less refined both inside and out.

I just want a nice dd. Can't really go out in a pickup truck or a 500hp fox mustang lol the best part is I can use some of my old mustang parts on it. The old nitrous kit, the spare trac-loc, set of wheels lol

as long as it doesn't need anything major and isn't hideous, I don't know how you could go wrong-marker lights are cheap on ebay, if it isn't a leaker or if it doesn't run bad it should be a winner-go with $700 cash (in one pocket) and wave another $150-200 if need be-although I have to wonder about anyone who uses one of these as a DD-I guess if it cost under a grand, it doesn't really matter.

as long as it doesn't need anything major and isn't hideous, I don't know how you could go wrong-marker lights are cheap on ebay, if it isn't a leaker or if it doesn't run bad it should be a winner-go with $700 cash (in one pocket) and wave another $150-200 if need be-although I have to wonder about anyone who uses one of these as a DD-I guess if it cost under a grand, it doesn't really matter.

Why is that? I know they are a little problematic (like the air ride), but that's about it. I have pics, so they'll be up soon.

-although I have to wonder about anyone who uses one of these as a DD-I guess if it cost under a grand, it doesn't really matter.

Not sure what you mean by that but i have driven mine daily for 2 years and she hasnt let me down yet.I am sure there are plenty of others here who do as well.

mine is a dd, never let me down, had to replace the original airbags after 12 years of use, that's about it

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0292.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

It just got a quick wash today to get most of the dirt off. The hood/bumpers paint arn't perfect but thats fine by me.

Looks like a good project. In a post above you mentioned mustang parts you could use one the new Mark. Just to save you time and energy the mustang wheels won't fit. There are a different bolt pattern.

Looks like a good project. In a post above you mentioned mustang parts you could use one the new Mark. Just to save you time and energy the mustang wheels won't fit. There are a different bolt pattern.

Well I'd do the hub swap. I haven't read into it much, put probably will do it that way.

Plan is to clean it very well, do some basic maintenance, then start tinkering with it.

So did you get it? For under a grand I would get it! BTW its a 95 or 96. I think. I am still a little rusty on all Gen1 stuff but think the 95s had the double din opening too. I know the 96 did.

So did you get it? For under a grand I would get it! BTW its a 95 or 96. I think. I am still a little rusty on all Gen1 stuff but think the 95s had the double din opening too. I know the 96 did.

I will be most likely. Have to wait for the title to come in then I can pick it up. :)

Not sure what you mean by that but i have driven mine daily for 2 years and she hasnt let me down yet.I am sure there are plenty of others here who do as well.

Not saying that it is a bad thing to use one as a DD, I don't use mine as one though-it's 15 years old, has known things like air ride, IMRC's, IAC (first gen), 15 year old suspension components, trans and numerous modules and electrical issues...If I depended on mine as a DD. I'd get another car to back it up just because driving one of these that is not right could get majorly expensive IMO. Just sayin'-if you use yours as a DD, more power to ya.

if you have ever seen the movie the goods, whell thats what i do and i am driving mine all over the usa driven over 5000mi this mo.

Members online

Back