What was everyone's first car?

My first car was a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass. It was baby blue and had the 6 cylinder. Not the greatest car but very reliable!

First car

My first car was a 1979 Mercury Marqui.

I currently have a 1979 Lincoln Mark V Bill Blass edition, blue and white, and a 1979 Lincol Mark V Black with Red interior, A 2000 Ford Excursion, and a 1977 F-150

1997 Nissan maxima bought it with 85000K on it sold it with like 102K. I loved the car nothing like black on black, the leather was so comfortable.

My first was a '66 Mustang; 289 2v c4 auto red on red, twisted the oil pump drive in less than 24 hrs.
'66 F100 custom cab.
64 laid down rambler cost me $10 and a bag of fudge.
'68 Galaxy
'72 Renault 16 gutless (Oh thats right its a french car)
More early mustangs.
'76 Granada ghia bought it 4 the disk brake rear 4 my stang.
My current '90 Mk7
'95 Ranger xlt 2.3 liter.
Rick

Forgot my '69 Fairlane 351w
side note; The ranger and the granada both topped out at 100mph on a good dat with a tailwind

my frist car is the car i got now my lincoln ls V8 2001 that im paying for no mommy or daddy to help lol an im jsut 19

1950 Olds "88" 4-door when I was 18 in 1955. April 2006 I bought a 1950 Olds "88" 4-door; put 4K+ miles on it during '06 Cruise "season". When I get behind the wheel...I'm 18 again!:steering Cruz :steering

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT 2.8
1991 Chevy Beretta GT 3.1
1994 Saturn SL 1.9 haha
1997 Concorde LX 3.5
2003 Lincoln LS V8

I really wish I still had the Fiero, and the Beretta really.. loved both of those cars, but it's hard to look back after the Lincoln. All of which we're given to me except for the Saturn which was $100, and of course the LS, which is why I have no money, but it's worth it right?

i hadd a 2000 grand am GT as my first had that for a few months then got a 5-series BMW then umm yeahh had a good amount of cars after that car (all within a yr lol) and also had no accidents with any of them lol

long in the tooth

You guys must all be kids. My first wheels was a 1936 Plymouth two-door coupe (3 passenger front seat only), with a reliable straight six engine that could do about 60 (given enough time :)
"Rah Rah rumble seats and running boards, them was the good old days" (Roger Miller).

1935 Pontiac

How about this.. It had suicide doors 2 (opens from the front), a flathead 6 cylinder, no radio until I installed one, the radio was mounted on the firewall and cable controlled from the dash.. The heater was lousy because the center cooling tube was rusted about mid-point.. by the way gas was only about 12-15cents per gallon, and still seemed very very expensive..

now driving 63 cad convert,91 cad eldo coupe,95 cad concours 4 door , 84 Honda cb650, 2006 kawasaki ninja 250

I can't remember some of the cars I've owned.

First car was a Gulfstream Aqua 69 Mustang Mach 1. I purchased it as second owner back in 75. Best of all, I still own it!

John

Dude, That is cool! Both the car and that you still have it 32 years later.

My first was an inherited '73 Chevele wagon, I6 3 on the tree. I never even registered it. My dads freind needed it for parts so it was un-inherited.
The first that I bought was a '73 Grand Torino 2 door. I never registered that one either. My dad needed parts (windshield, starter, altenator) for his '73 Grand Torino 4 door.
First that I "legaly" drove on the the road, '73 Chevele Malibu Classic. Patch of ice and it was totaled 25 hours after I passed my drivers license exam.
Insurance money bought me a '76 Malibu Classic which in a toxic mixture of adolescence, alchohol, and speed, I totaled. They started calling me crash.
So I took the insurance money and bet it all. An '82 Mercury Capri RS 5.0 (4 spd of course) late spring of '84, my senior year. Second owner, original owner's son was turnig 16 and He didn't want his son to get it. I still own it. 25 year reunion is coming up in a couple of years and I can't wait to prove everybody wrong that bet I would kill myself in it.
PS. I haven't slowed down, just learned my self inflicted lessons!!!

1992 Cadillac Brougham 5.0 305 with ~175HP. Wrecked it 6 days from a month of me having it, totally pwned a Toyota Camry, rebuilt it...and drove it up until January of this year when I got the LS I currently have.

I can say that Lincolns and Cadillacs have their differences and would be proud to drive either brand, but I sure do like the acceleration in the LS.

cad5.jpg

1982 ford exp and my 1957 m-100 step side long box and countless more over the years my pics will be loaded asap

my first car...

Me?Just before I finished High school(1988?)--I traded a guy my Honda odessey and some help in the shop for a 1963 Galaxie 500 FOUR Door...LMao(hey it was an antique already!)
I think I spent about a thousand bucks just for the 146 feet of 2.5" pipe I needed for true duals...Anybody remember Walker SUPER turbo muffs?
352 (Track proven cough , cough)3 on the tree , switched to floor shift.
I sure thought I was cool.Big Blocks rock!LMAO
I stilll Totally LOVE early 60's Fords tho.
Heres to one day having a T-bolt in my garage next to my Ls.
"sorry wife , no room for your van in here!"

Last edited:
That is beautiful. My favorite Caddy.

1992 Cadillac Brougham 5.0 305 with ~175HP. Wrecked it 6 days from a month of me having it, totally pwned a Toyota Camry, rebuilt it...and drove it up until January of this year when I got the LS I currently have.

I can say that Lincolns and Cadillacs have their differences and would be proud to drive either brand, but I sure do like the acceleration in the LS.

cad5.jpg

In 1983 I had a 1977 Datsun 280Z canary yellow with a black racing strip and rear window luvers. This thing was in mint condition. I also had my parents gas credit card life was good.

Oh yeah! My first car was a 1951 Mercury convertible. It was fabulous.
(My first post, I hope this is the right place).

1963 Chevy Impala...

...was the first car I ever owned.
The biggest was a 1964 Olds 98.
The funnest was a 1966 VW Beetle.
The lamest was a 1981 Ford Fairmont Station Wagon.
The shortest lived was a 1974 Chevy Vega.
The one I worked on the most was a 1970 VW Beetle (barring the 1988 Cadillac Brougham I am working on now).

All of them were a joy and a pain in the A$$ to work on.

mines was a 1990 Honda Accord...12th grade in high school next year my dad wrecks it and leads to me gettin the LS!!! Thanks dad!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back