What was everyone's first car?

give away my age here, mine was a 1950 Henry J - standard shift and lime green. Named it The Green Hornet - loved the car except living in northwest PA and the hills, there was one hill that had a red light at the top, I either had to sit at the bottom and make a run when it turned green, or I would stall every time. Loaned car to uncle and he burned it up, no oil. Next a 1951 Buick Roadmaster until I got my 1960 Corvair, loved that car, took it from Pa. to CA for 3 years and then back to NJ. Since then have had a couple Buicks, some Fords, GMC truck, 2 Dodge Ram Trucks, and my Mark VIII and Oldsmobile Silohette. Joy

My first was a 1991 Oldsmobile Ciera Wagon that I bought off my grandparents. I was the first one to get my liscence so I got to drive all my buddies around.
Next was a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac that I ordered brand new from the dealer. Two years later I traded it in on a demo 2003 F-150. Then a used rental car Taurus and just recently my 06 LS. The truck and the LS are my toys while the Taurus is the cross country driver for work.

1968 Nova purchased for $250, had a 307 V-8 that was running on 6 cylinders and a two speed automatic. I bought a station wagon with a 400 and TH350 for $100, and swapped the engine and trans into the Nova. Used Holley carb, 4bbl manifold & headers $75, new cam and other misc parts $175. Total investment $600, ran mid-13s on street tires. Kept the car for about 10 years, sold to one of my buddies who rolled it the first week he had it.

1985 Toyota Celica GTS

I thought it was pretty sweet for my 1st car: red, sunroof, system and all that. It had to have 2 transmissions, only ran on 3 cylinders, heater never worked and tons of other problems but I loved it.

Ive had a 91 Honda Accord, 97 Camaro RS (beautiful car), 97 Mits Galant, 98 Pont Grand Prix GTP (supercharged, heads up display, this was an AWESOME car), 96 Trans Am WS6 (fast as hell=I blew the motor), 98 Mercury Mountaineer, 01 Ford F150, 02 Dodge Ram, 05 Nissan Maxima SE (still have), and an 06 LS (still have).

It goes w/o saying that the LS is my fav!

1979 Ford Pinto ESS
1982 Mustang GT (dyno'ed at about 420hp)
1997 Mercury Mystique (completely debaged with custom grille and SVT exhaust)
2001 Lincoln LS V8

1988 Chevy Beretta 2.0L (biggest pos ever, I called it the Blue Beast)
image5.jpg

1988 Chrysler LeBarron gtc 2.2L turbo (mine even had white wheels, I called her Christy)
Image6.jpg

1998 Chevy Monte Carlo LS 3.0L (this one was gold colored, called her Carla)
image4.jpg

and now the 2004 Lincoln LS v6 (as pictured, named Angelina [as in Angelina Jolie]<-- Sexy, Sophisticated, and looks great in black)
image3.jpg

As you can see from this list I have never owned a v8 automobile. I would like to for sure.... and now that I am over 25 maybe I can afford the insurance on one.

image5.jpg

Image6.jpg

image4.jpg

image3.jpg

I was handed a 1984 Audi 5000 when I turned 16. I drove it for about 5 months before I got my first car that I got to kind of pick out, a 1989 Grand Prix, that I loved. I spent so much money/time on that thing. I do kind of wish I still had it just because it was my first.

hate to run all the nostalgia going on right now lol , but mine was my current car, a silver 2001 LS V6

1988 Chevy Caprice Classic
caprice.jpg

1996 Chevy Impala SS
impalass.jpg

2004 Lincoln LS V8 Ultimate
LLS.jpg

In order:
1988 GMC S-15 Jimmy 4x4 High Sierra
1995 Isuzu Rodeo LS 4x4 w/ system
1996 Landrover Discovery I SE7 4x4 w/ system
2000 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer 4x4
2002 Lincoln LSE

I remember the first time I took out my Jimmy, it had just finished raining so naturally we went muddin' The thing was caked in mud except for where the windshield wiper could reach. I actually got a disciplinary warning for driving it to school covered in mud, because they said it was disrespectful and brought the school down (private school).

1993 jeep grand cherokee, had a 5.2 liter 318 v8 and came equipped with all wheel drive. it was a nice first car while it lasted considering it was free from my moms, too bad a ruined a 04 vw passat with it. then i turned around a little while longer and copped the ls.

1st car

1984 Cadillac Sedan deVille...car couldnt move out of its own way, but ALLWAYS would start no matter how cold. Had the most comfortable seats (even if they were cloth).

I got my grandfathers '96 deVille when he passed away last year. Much nicer ride, but I miss the look of th 84 (and the ride).

Very first car was a 1964 MGB, no pics on record for that old beastie, second car however I still have, 1966 Sunbeam Alpine. Been across the Atlantic 4 times since I've owned it (meaning 5 years in England), been on Brooklands Circuit, Silverstone Circuit, been back to Coventry England where it was made, E-prepared Autocross champ in Phoenix two years running, won it's class autocrossing at an International event and even though it's on jack stands currently, it still pretty much looks like this:

beam37tb.jpg

In order...

1989 Ford F-150 2x4, reg cab, long box, lariat 5.0L (sold 2 years ago with 240,000 miles)
1983 Porsche 944 euro spec (sold 5 years ago)
1887 BMW 318i (sold 4 years ago)
1998 F-150 4x4, reg cab, short box, stepside V8 (still own)
2003 Lincoln LS (still own)

First car was a Gulfstream Aqua 69 Mustang Mach 1. I purchased it as second owner back in 75. Best of all, I still own it!

John

mine was...

1993 lincoln town car dark blue. Had barely any heat, no A/C and burned oil like crazy.

Members online

No members online now.
Back