What was everyone's first car?

1974 Olds 442 purchased in 1985 from original owner. Spent the following summer stripping it down to bare metal, repairing rust holes etc. Painted it midnight metalic blue...wasn't fastest car around but it was a nice road car.

old-bike.jpg

First car is (I say is because I still have it, since 1986) a 1966 TBird convertible. Moved to a 1980 Trans Am Indy Pace car later as daily driver then a Dodge M880 Military Ambulance.

P.J.

my first call was a brand 2008 kia rio 5 speed i got when i was 17 that was totaled by my when i let him drive on are way home from somewhere... he fell asleep at the wheel i was so pissed about it.

than i got a 2002 Ls V6 and i love the car untill it need to go to the shop to be fixed.

I guess I win the oldtimers prize,

Year, 1960, first car, 1953 Ford 4 dr sedan, flathead, three on the tree, cost, $250.

Sold it 6 months ($275) later for a 1955 Ford Sunliner. The $425 was supposed to go to my high school senior prom. Instead, it went to a 55 Ford.

Priorities.

A 1973 Ford Torino in powder blue with dark blue vinyl interior. Not the 2-door either, the sedan. Not a single "option" on it either. Had a full frame under that beast and it was the best snow car I ever had. Had the 302 motor with a C4 auto which was severely underpowered, but I tweaked on that thing until I got rid of it. Squeeked so much I thought it would drive me crazy. Was the parents hand-me-down to get me off to college - had it WAY too long before getting an '87 Mercury Cougar (used), then the 2001 LS (new, still have it with 61K on the clock), and now the 2008 MKX (new).

My First Car(s)

I guess I win the oldtimers prize,

Year, 1960, first car, 1953 Ford 4 dr sedan, flathead, three on the tree, cost, $250.

Sold it 6 months ($275) later for a 1955 Ford Sunliner. The $425 was supposed to go to my high school senior prom. Instead, it went to a 55 Ford.

Priorities.

Nah, I don't think so.:)

Go back to December of '07, and you'll find my post relating to my first purchased car, a '34 Ford 5-window Coupe. My first 'hand-me-down' was a '53 Merc. I put headers on it and a Mallory ignition. Then it got 3 Stromberg 97s, on an Offenhauser manifold. That started in 1957.

KS

My first ride was a maroon 97 Chevy Lumina. My dad bought 2 at an auction for 3K. Had 40k miles and I had it for 2 years before I got my DL. Spent those years driving up and down my driveway or just listening to the two 12" Sony subs that dad had installed. He said he couldn't stand the way the factory radio sounded when he drove it home so it was upgraded. Thanks dad ! Funny thing was , a few months after getting my DLs it was totaled by another lumina. The woman driving had a disorder where she laughed ALL the time. Needless to say I didn't find it as amusing as she did !

86 cutlas supreme...it was light blue. Had flowmasters from original owner. That puppy could purrrrr. Got it when I was 17, my dad gave it to me....had alot of good times with it...RIP.

My first car was a 2000 Impala. which I messed with for awhile. It had a police interceptor engine installed before my dad gave it to me. Then I added the rims, tires, Halo Headlights, Neons etc over a few years. I eventually sold the car. Kinda miss it still

photo.php

photo.php

1st car was a 2000 lincoln ls v6 .. bought it in 06 for 10k with 60k miles. its at 135k miles now.bought when i came back from Deployment. Wish i did my research before i bout it. I wanted a 2001 3 series but didnt want to get a bigger car loan

My first car was a 76 Cordoba.. a few years ago :|
My dad bought it for me for a few hundred. I didn't dig it,and I didn't even have my license. Brown on brown. Power doors, power locks, corinthian leather ;]...
It gathered dust.. Then I bought my LS for $2,500 2 years ago, dad sold the Cordoba, and now I have this and my '79 C10

Nice.. My dad has a 79? Cordoba 300 in the garage.. She needs a crap ton of work but I plan on restoring it someday.. Very limited edition..

1st car was a 2000 lincoln ls v6 .. bought it in 06 for 10k with 60k miles. its at 135k miles now.bought when i came back from Deployment. Wish i did my research before i bout it. I wanted a 2001 3 series but didnt want to get a bigger car loan

you regret the purchase??

you regret the purchase??
I was 19 and in the navy for a year , didn't really do any research,, i didnt know the car required 91 gas. didnt know it had 20mpg average.. i liked the lincoln ls, i went into the dealership and bought it. . I wish i would have purchase an lSE and a gen 2,. i dont like all the chrome on my bumpers and i like the lse body style. I dont regret it , because i like my ls .. but i wish i could have done things a little differentley

Nice.. My dad has a 79? Cordoba 300 in the garage.. She needs a crap ton of work but I plan on restoring it someday.. Very limited edition..

Haha my dad still has his too, he just lowered it and wants to paint it himself but doesn't actually know how.
I kind of wish I would've kept mine to fix up one day.. especially after seeing a few youtube videos of some pretty sweet ones with engine swaps and whatnot

My first car was a 94 Lincoln Town Car with a 5.0 Mustang motor transplant. Dark grey, black leather, and a black cloth top. Loved that damn car lol

76 Mustand II with 302 bored .030, TRW Forged pistons, Comp cam.....all the goodies and with a 4-speed......was an f'in rocket.....until I t-boned another car at 50+mph ........damn...miss that car.

i mean ..I miss that car....obviously I didn't miss the other car:)

Just found these browsing my pics

Hey never did post on this thread...my first car was a 2000 BMW 528i, nice car but had it's problems, traded up for my 2003 Lincoln LS Premium Sport, less than 6 months later. I was a pimp as a junior in high school with my LS back in the day lol

856.jpg

855.jpg

Members online

Back