What the next LS should be based on!

JES_LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
See its not that ford worldwide cannot descent sedans, it is only the US where Ford Motor Corp keep screwing up.

Ford could bring us this car with some higher line trim and it would sell like hotcakes.

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/ford-fpv-gt-cobra/434696/
I know that I would buy at least two (one for me and one for the wife).
All they would have to do to sell it as a ford/lincoln sedan would be have a medium and high trimline version of the car.

Not bad. Im guessing thats to do with Ford - Australia. Them Aussies seem to get all the best stuff! lol. Also, i always wondered why Ford doesnt sell more of its European designs in US. I cant see why they wouldnt sell well. They make some very good, fast and frugal diesels now but i just dont see them here... Weird.

I always thought Ford should have done the next high performance Lincoln on the Aston Martin DB-8, or DB-9 platform....oh well, too late...:(

looks like a cross between an Intrepid and Neon. Im not to big on this car...
mind u the later Intrepid verison wasnt bad.. my sister had one and i loved the dark brown leather.

looks like a cross between an Intrepid and Neon. Im not to big on this car...
mind u the later Intrepid verison wasnt bad.. my sister had one and i loved the dark brown leather.

I guess you missed the spec page talking about the 5.4 dohc 32 valve motor and the six speed manual transmission driving the rear wheels.
They can style it more like a Lincoln LS that that MKS atrocity will ever look.

Why can Ford pull their heads out of their asses, reboot their brains and build a car that the LS fans would love???

Why can Ford pull their heads out of their asses, reboot their brains and build a car that the LS fans would love???

Probably because their main concern is the masses -- I don't think there are enough LS owners for Ford to be concerned primarily with them, you know?

Now, on the other hand, a car like that could easily have its platform reformatted several times. It could also be a fighter to the up-and-coming Pontiac G8 (GM). So there are some legitimate reasons for them to take a look at it.

We'll see what happens in the near future.

Those are racing as Ford Falcon's, in Australia's "Super Car Series" road racing. Stinking fast with the V8's.

Its kinda cool. But it looks like a chopped up Mustang, Focus, Bmw type....
?thing?

Looks like a 4 door GTO which came to us by way of Australia. It didn't do to well here but I love the look and really like this car and if it makes it over here I would definitely buy an early buyer.

Yeah, the Aussie's do have some sweet cars. Check out Holden...it was their car that the GTO was made after. Same chassis and very similar styling. So many Aussies had Holdens when I was there, most had V8s and were so sweet. They had a nice stock rumble and were RWD and everything. I like this Falcon though, but if Holden ever came into the US, they would kill IMO.

Looks like a 4 door GTO which came to us by way of Australia. It didn't do to well here but I love the look and really like this car and if it makes it over here I would definitely buy an early buyer.
The Goat had two main problems. One, it cost too much. Two, when they reskinned it to meet Federal safety requirements, they made it look like a pile of steaming dog poo. (Part of it was the safety requirements, but part of it was sheer design bungling on Pontiac's part.)

It probably also didn't help that it was introduced when gas prices were hitting all-time highs...

my bad lol yes u are right.. the guys at G.FORD told me the reason they stop sales with the LS was because cadillac was putting out cheaper CTS's.
and cheap is not a finish i like.

I guess you missed the spec page talking about the 5.4 dohc 32 valve motor and the six speed manual transmission driving the rear wheels.
They can style it more like a Lincoln LS that that MKS atrocity will ever look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back