What the heck is goin on here?

jdlmkviii

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay... well the "Check exterior lamps" message keeps coming up on the message center.... and sometimes my left turn signal goes like NUTS. It'll work, but blink REALLY fast but the right one hasn't done it at all. Funny thing is, it only does it SOMETIMES. I'll be on a long ride and it won't stop doin it, then all of a sudden I'll make a left turn and it'll be back to normal...

Does this ring a bell for anyone? some kind of an electrical issue? some kind of bad wire?

Dumb question but did you check your exterior lamps? It sounds like the left blinker bulb is bad or going bad - replace it and see what happens.

Kale

When it happens get out and see which bulb is not blinking. Then check the contacts in the socket and the wires leading to it. If it works sometimes it's not a bulb.

Check exterior lamps msg

I here ya, my daughters 95 has had that msg ever since she got it about 6 months ago. And every light and socket are in great shape.

mk8mx5 said:
When it happens get out and see which bulb is not blinking. Then check the contacts in the socket and the wires leading to it. If it works sometimes it's not a bulb.

This is correct. Check your ground points also.

OK guys, you all lapped up the easy one - what about this: msg ctr keeps saying doors ajar - checked both doors, they are shut, checked each door, pressed button, light goes out and donger goes quits donging all other signs show door is shut except for mg ctr "door ajar" reset only replies "Please close door" (please! what manners, I love my MIII). Sometimes intermittently, the entire msg ctr lights will go out (can't see msg) then come back on - any ideas????

Thanks in adavnce

MeNmyMarkVIII said:
OK guys, you all lapped up the easy one - what about this: msg ctr keeps saying doors ajar - checked both doors, they are shut, checked each door, pressed button, light goes out and donger goes quits donging all other signs show door is shut except for mg ctr "door ajar" reset only replies "Please close door" (please! what manners, I love my MIII). Sometimes intermittently, the entire msg ctr lights will go out (can't see msg) then come back on - any ideas????

Thanks in adavnce

AHHHHH, easy one also. The door switch is stuck. Take a can of wd-40, and spray in the latch in the door jam. then close the door and open a few times. after a while it will clean the contacts, and be like new.

Let me jump in here with a problem i have been living with for a year...My car alarm goes off if a brease comes by the car? Why is it so sensitive? I finally decided to just lock the doors by hand, instead of the switch, so it doesnt activate the alarm.

Members online

No members online now.
Back