what results will i see?

JHEARD

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 97 mark lsc and i want to put 3.73 gears in, a shift kit and a tune. I just want to see what type of results i will get from that. If anybody has done it or can give me any tips let me know. thanks

I would also do a deeper gear than 3:73's. I had 4:10's and had no problem at all with sustained upper Rt78 speeds. Wound up wishing I had gone with 4:30's instead :(

what's it like getting out the hole with 4:10s? I have a 17 inch cobra r with a 275 40s should that good as far as catching traction? is trak loc nessesary?

what's it like getting out the hole with 4:10s? I have a 17 inch cobra r with a 275 40s should that good as far as catching traction? is trak loc nessesary?

like jumping with two feet instead of one foot. trak lok or power locker a must.

I have 3.73s and ran them with a tune/shift tune for a bit and really liked it. Mileage dropped about 2mpg on the highway. I like what I have for my blown setup but for NA if you dont drive 100+ miles a day then 4.10 is the better choice.

like jumping with two feet instead of one foot. trak lok or power locker a must.
Oh yeah! I forgot! Much more important is the TC. Can get a nice used one for under $100 and while doing gears its the best time to slap one in there. Car corners and accelerates so much better with one. :)

I've been wanting to buy a tune and do the j-mod. I have 4.10's and complete new bearing set.
So before I get them in I need to buy a TL,I'll put it on layaway after the bearings are paid off. :-D

I was running 17" rims with Falken Azena 245/45's and I could still break em loose on the streets with the 4:10's and Trac Lock. Launched great at Englishtown on a track with stick rubber already laid down. Problem is I had no J-mod or shift kit so it would do a fuel cut or something while slipping into 2nd :mad:

Trac Loc is must have even with stock gears and I drove about 10,000 or more with the 4:10's and didn't notice much of a diff in MPG :confused: However before that I was working a 60 mile round trip from my house and I was averaging 24.5 to 25MPG. After I did the swap I don't remember ever doing that trip again to make a comparison :confused:

If I get the job I am looking at that is about maybe 10 miles away I will go for the 4:30 gears :D

SHHEEEE!!!!! I just looked up the j-mod on tccoa and how to do it. I def don't have the knowledge to do that.

That'd be the best way to go. But still,I would screw something up bad

JHEARD-your only 2 hours north of me, jsyk. :)

good :q:q:q:q isiah

we'll have to hit the streets and car shows next year. is a stronger drive shaft nessesary? and what do yall think about a more aggressive cam?

i have a j-modded seperator plate thats all ready to go into a trans i will sell for $50 bucks shipped.

Heck yeah man! I head back to school in Monroe in Feb. I go right thru Jackson to hit 20 west.

If I had money to blow I woud buy it from you Jamie.

I have 17" Cobra R's on mine and 275-40-17 are smaller in dia. than the stock 225-60-16. I had put that size BFG-comp's on mine and thought they looked to small in dia.. Ran great . I wish I had put in even deeper gears so I could put 295-45-17 M/T (over a inch taller and wider)on and it still be geared like I want.

we'll have to hit the streets and car shows next year. is a stronger drive shaft nessesary? and what do yall think about a more aggressive cam?

You will need a one piece drive-shaft.
The stock one will rattle the fillings out of your teeth.
I used a 93 shaft, mine is pretty good up 100mph.

Street car..... go 4.10s, tune, jmod, converter.
Wakes the car up.
Forget the cam idea...unless your pockets are deep, if they are look at c heads.

Members online

No members online now.
Back