What mods should i do to my new black on black?

nick88

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I just bought a :cool: 02' LS8 sport:cool: and was just lookin for some suggestions. I have already had the windows tinted 20% a 6000k Hid kit and a McLaren grille. What would you guys think of some 20in TIS model 03 wheels on it?
And as far as exhaust I would like to get something deep and throaty with an X pipe.... Flowmasters????

Any help would be great.:)

paint the side marker lenses on the front bumper black
paint rear surround black
def some 20's, not familiar with that model but i think black with chrome lip would be nice
intake
and get a 6000k kit for the fogs as well

that sounds like a good start, sometimes i wish my LS was black

and consider removing the amber lens that is inside the headlight

Last edited:
If you're going to get some wheels I'd say some lowering springs. I still have stock wheels but the Eibach lowering springs I had put on helped with the nasty gap these cars have. If you're going to put 20's it can only look better!:D

paint the side marker lenses on the front bumper black
paint rear surround black
def some 20's, not familiar with that model but i think black with chrome lip would be nice
intake
and get a 6000k kit for the fogs as well

that sounds like a good start, sometimes i wish my LS was black

and consider removing the amber lens that is inside the headlight

The cleared out lens look good on a black LS as well but only after you've cleared out the headlights...

Start with springs and wheels. Then do the DIY stuff like turn signal reflectors. IMO dont just paint the side markers I would use a tinted film or consider filling them in if you have the sport without the chrome bumpers.

This is just my opinion but something bothers me about it still being there if it cant be illuminated,... so if you want to do away with it do it the right way by, well, getting rid of it. Its not like painting it completely blends it away but some like it and if you do then,... hey:) !.

I also say match the low beams by doing the fogs and paint the rear surround. If you are going for that blacked out look paint the chrome housings on the turn signals black while you have the headlights apart granted you have the grey glue, paint the headlight bezels in a gloss that matches your paint code and tint those reverse lights as well.

EDIT: Oh and I forgot, I hate the all black tails and I almost nailed some di*k tonight with them on a back road thinking he was further away but tinting them is also part of that look.

IMHO stay away from black wheels...They are so played out...No offense guys. also you could do some 6k in your fogs so you wont have the dingy halogens with the HIDs

Last edited:
Nobody likes the 20in Chrome TIS model 03's???:rolleyes: Some body post a pic of them please.And yes i do have the chrome bumper trim and a factory spoiler but i think i might take the spoiler off.

If you are doing black on black chrome wheels fall out of that category.

I say dont do the black wheels. I also dont like TIS but you dont need to ask for opinions on everything,... do what you feel is nice man.

I would take the spoiler off.

Thanks for the mod bro. Do you think I should paint the Chrome on the bumpers? They say that the Sports don't have chrome bumpers but mine sure as h*ll does.:confused:

Does it have the SST? If not its not a sport if it does someone swapped the bumpers out.

I would just swap back to the sport bumpers. It gets pricey doing it all but its more worth it than just painting the chrome cause like the side markers it is still noticeably there. But how ever if both the chrome and side markers are painted it might flow nice.

Black on black on black is the sex.

Dont know about that.

Only an old man would disagree!

Dont know about that either considering most of us that disagree are still on our 20's or early 30's. You guys must be pre-teen in that case:D

How did I miss this before? Looks like I know what I'll be doing this afternoon :D

Im waiting for the wife to come home so I can go to the store, get some pin striping and do the same....lol!

If you like the TIS rims then go for it. Remember this is your car and depending on where you live will effect what way you go about in customizing it. I personally would get black 20's, VHT nightshade those bumper turn signals and taillights, get a matching set of HID for the fogs, KKM intake (sure they cost more but look 100 times better than a homemade one) and then your set. Oh and Flowmaster would sound good but others beg to differ. Definately got with the X-pipe because they sound so good on any 4V motor. Good Luck and keep us updated.

Why not just turn your car into SlickLS's car altogether?

Bang out some stainless steel from some of your kitchen appliances to use for grills.

How did I miss this before? Looks like I know what I'll be doing this afternoon :D

Don't know.

Alot of your basic auto places won't have 3/8". Go to Napa or a paint supply store. 3M made the kind I used and its still looks the same today as the day I installed it, not 1 chip or blem. The 3/8" is just slightly wider than the chrome, try to lay it center on the chrome and it will just overlap the black a little and it seems to go right into place. I use a very soft micro-fiber to apply the pressure. Not much needed you will see pretty easy.

Members online

Back