What LS features will your next car NOT have?

Ric

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
When I bought my '03 new, I just HAD to have that car. Over the years I found some features so annoying I have sworn to avoid them in my next car purchase. My top three are...
1) Rain sensing wipers that continue to wipe when the windshield is dry and stay parked when I can't see through the rain covered glass.
2) Automated system that never leaves the steerring wheel and seat in the same position twice
3) I want a car that has SOME effective engine braking so I'm not constantly moving my foot from gas to brake in traffic (with the added annoyance that the peddles are not all on the same plane).
Has anyone else found an irritating "feature" they can do without next time?

My '02 has rain sensing wipers, and they're great! I never take them off sensing mode, they work as advertised.

I agree with your top 2 choices Ric.

I thought I was the only one having those 2 annoying features happen to me all the time. Really annoying wipers keep going even when it's not raining, and 50% of the time it does not rmember the setting for the seating ans stering position.

1.The automatic transmission that Fomoco is trying to sell as a manual.

2.The over active Stabilitrac system

3.The open differential.

Nothing piss3s me off more than spending hours cleaning my car and then, after yelling at my daughter to keep her 6 yr old feet off the back of my seat, when no sooner i turn my key off and >>>>> my seat backs up into her shoes. or how about that annoying seat belt charm, dam it i know i dont have my seat belt on when im parked somewhere.

you can turn off the easy exit feature and you can permanently disable the seat belt minder. both procedures are covered in the manual.

decibels5 said:
Nothing piss3s me off more than spending hours cleaning my car and then, after yelling at my daughter to keep her 6 yr old feet off the back of my seat, when no sooner i turn my key off and >>>>> my seat backs up into her shoes. or how about that annoying seat belt charm, dam it i know i dont have my seat belt on when im parked somewhere.
Umm, you can disable both of those things. Disabling Easy Entry is trivial--you do it through the Message Center. Perhaps R-ing TFM would help...;)

My '04 had the rain-sensing wipers, and they never performed to my satisfaction. I don't miss them at all in my '06.

beaups said:
you can turn off the easy exit feature and you can permanently disable the seat belt minder. both procedures are covered in the manual.

I didnt know that, but i did know that i could turn the door locks off, that gets annoying too, but i leave it for safety. Jacksonville fl, over 100 murders already this year and still going.

Driving lights, mine is from Canada so it has them. I get annoyed at having driving lights, they are useful sometimes but it takes away the look of the car imo. Rain sensing wipers never work right but that is cause I use rain-x and would rather have rain-x on my windshield than have my wipers over worked.

I hate that beeping w/ the seat belt aswell and I hate how the a/c is always on once you push a button, get sick of having to hit it off. I heard it only stays on for a minute or whatever but if I want a/c, I well hit a/c.

rain sensing wipers can be turned off too!! there is a hidden switch on the steering column. if you need i can put a picture up to show where it is

Power everything, automatic, A/C, Heater, Radio, chrome wheels, sunroof, woodgrain, cruise control, advance trac,sport suspension, airbags, seatbelts...yea, these features are so annoying. I can't believe I drive this car everyday, I so hate all the features on it :rolleyes:

3) I want a car that has SOME effective engine braking so I'm not constantly moving my foot from gas to brake in traffic (with the added annoyance that the peddles are not all on the same plane).

I actually like how it continues to roll. As long as im not like flying up one someone im ok. It just shows its aerodynamics. I think for a sedan its got some great lines.

shokher said:
rain sensing wipers can be turned off too!! there is a hidden switch on the steering column. if you need i can put a picture up to show where it is
yes post it!!!

decibels5 said:
I didnt know that, but i did know that i could turn the door locks off, that gets annoying too, but i leave it for safety. Jacksonville fl, over 100 murders already this year and still going.
Yea there have been alot of murders over here.

beaups said:
yes post it!!!

Are you guys kidding about the auto-sensing wipers? Just turn the knob out of the auto position. At least you can do that on the '00.

This car has spoiled me, now every car has to have the same features. The leather, auto-wipers, auto seat adjustments, no engine-braking (thats what the pedal is for), rolling all the windows down at once to let out the FL heat, etc.

Midas78 said:
Are you guys kidding about the auto-sensing wipers? Just turn the knob out of the auto position. At least you can do that on the '00.
My problem with the auto-wipers was that they did not behave the way I wanted, which left me with three choices when it rained: low speed, high speed, or "whatever the car bloody well chooses to do." Paraphrasing Jeremy on Top Gear, I pay for the car, I should get to call the shots.

If I could have chosen among Auto, Intermittent, Low, and High, I wouldn't have been nearly as disappointed with them, because I wouldn't have used the Auto setting.

my rain sense wipers are either in rain sense mode or low-high CONSTANT mode. it's a PITA when it's raining lightly.

SoonerLS said:
My '04 had the rain-sensing wipers, and they never performed to my satisfaction. I don't miss them at all in my '06.

REALLY?! You had an '04 with this feature? It's my understanding that '03 was the last year for this. The feature was discontinued. My '04 V8 Ultimate doesn't have them. Maybe a few early '04s got out before they pulled the plug on the feature.

Dave Kegel

SSPX0329.jpg

with this :shifty: "hidden switch":shifty: you can select off, auto, intermitten, high and low!!!

weird I don't see anything unless you are joking around?

Members online

Back