what is this knob/button?!?

jrocc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I looked through the manual and can't find what the turn knob does under the trunk/gas cap, button on a 01 ls

Are you talking about the fuel pump shut off switch in the foot well kick panel? If not it may be an after market accessory switch.

Photo would be most helpfully.

I looked through the manual and can't find what the turn knob does under the trunk/gas cap, button on a 01 ls

If you are talking about a thumb wheel with the numbers(0,1,2,3) then it is for the driver's side headlight aim for the european/asian headlamps. I have these headlamps in my 00 LS because I liked the extra bulb(DRL) mounted between the high & low beam, but I changed out the electric motor adjust arm with the standard one because it was only offered on the driver's side and I knew I would never use it.

No, none of those, I'm talking about where you pop your gas cap open and.where u pop ur trunk.. under both those buttons there's a knob and I can turn it... Nothing happens.

No, none of those, I'm talking about where you pop your gas cap open and.where u pop ur trunk.. under both those buttons there's a knob and I can turn it... Nothing happens.

Picture?

I'm on my cellphone and it won't let me upload... Just u know where u pop ur trunk... And ur gascap on a 00-02 ls.. well 2cm below both of those centered is.a half inch by.half inch.knob about inch.long... I can.turn it.clockwise and counter.clockwise

Unless it looks like the one in the pic, then it was put there by the previous owner and you will have to trace the wires to find out what it's for.

Unless it looks like the one in the pic, then it was put there by the previous owner and you will have to trace the wires to find out what it's for.

Can u give me ur email... I emailed the picture to myself I want to.email it to someone on a computer so.they can.upload it

^^^that is ridiculous, it is obviously for the blinker fluid level sensor!

It's something aftermarket that a previous owner added. Looks like it is probably a gain control or similar.

Hi, Its the brightness adjustment for the dashboard lighting for the gauges. I have a 2000 Jaguar S-type ( corporate twin of the LS ) and that is the setup for my car. Its not that noticeable in daylight but definitely makes a difference at night.
Happy New Year, L&S

Hi, Its the brightness adjustment for the dashboard lighting for the gauges. I have a 2000 Jaguar S-type ( corporate twin of the LS ) and that is the setup for my car. Its not that noticeable in daylight but definitely makes a difference at night.
Happy New Year, L&S

Incorrect sir

Happy New Year, L&S

No, it is not at all [the brightness adjustment].
The LS uses a dimmer wheel by the light switch.
The picture that the OP sent clearly shows an aftermarket adjustment knob of some sort.

Happy New Year, L&S

let play a game, its called "try to pay attention", the OP has an 01 LS, not a 00 S-type. even though a lot of the cars are similar, the interior panels are nothing alike. last i checked we dont have any cats on our dashboards.

oh yea, not to mention our dimmer control, is right next to the headlight switch, not under the trunk pop button.

To make this easier, post a pic
Okay

IMAG0018s.jpg

you are all wrong..PFFF whats this forum good for when no one can notice the factory LS turbo blow off valve adjustment knob.

def aftermarket....its the same place i installed my emergency brake ground switch for my HU display. great spot for anything aftermarket. easy to get to, and can be replaced..

Members online

No members online now.
Back